Nebraska Football has place at Colorado National Golf Club

Check out the tidbit below from an article in the Daily Camera (a CO newspaper).....

I find it hysterical that Dan Hawkins can only think as big as Nebraska Football. Colorado fans just make me laugh. I've never, nor will I ever, read about a state of Nebraska golf course painting their range-ball picker colors of a rival sports team.

Man those Coloradoin's are some good fans. Smart too! :sarcasm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even NU has place at new CU golf course

ERIE, Colo. — In an event where black and gold were the colors of the day, it was something painted red and white that signified "University of Colorado" more than anything.

At Saturday's dedication festivities for Colorado National Golf Club -- the new home for CU's golf teams -- parked on the side of the putting green was a range-ball picking vehicle colored red and white, with a Nebraska football helmet on the roof and an "N" emblazoned on the front.

Keep in mind that range-ball pickers are often the target of people hitting balls on the practice range, and what better target for a CU fan than a symbol of the NU football team, long a dreaded nemesis of the Buffs.

And guess whose idea it was to decorate this bull's-eye of sorts with Husker symbols? None other than CU football coach Dan Hawkins, who attended Saturday's function.

Full link:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/may/0...e-at-cu-course/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those hooligans! It's an outrage! It's a disgrace!

:lol:

Personally I think it's funny. If they need a pick me up to make themselves feel better after that heartbreak field goal and INT return from last year, let em have it. We still..

1) Own the series lead by a long shot.

2) Have five NC's to their one.

Nebraska>Colorado.

That is funny and sad at the same time... :laughpound<_<

I mean, how obsessed with Nebraska are these people? And they wonder why the best they can do in a season is 8-4, 7-5.

I seriously think that sCUm's coaches, players and fans, all 17 of them, would be happy going 1-11 every year if their lone victory was against Nebraska. Pathetic.

That is awesome. It is just meant in fun. It definitely is a compliment, even if a bit backhanded. The old Mizzou Basketball Coach Norm Stewart started having his team stay the night in Kansas City Mo. before they played KU and then drive to Lawrence from there to play us. He liked to say he did not want to spend one dime in Kansas... It was in fun and it was witty. Loved it...

That is awesome. It is just meant in fun. It definitely is a compliment, even if a bit backhanded. The old Mizzou Basketball Coach Norm Stewart started having his team stay the night in Kansas City Mo. before they played KU and then drive to Lawrence from there to play us. He liked to say he did not want to spend one dime in Kansas... It was in fun and it was witty. Loved it...

It is a compliment, in a weird way... :blink:

But, as I said previously, stuff like this is why sCUm usually has a record of 3-9 to 7-5 every year.

They put all their focus on beating Nebraska and over 61% of the time they they fail-and we're their sole focus.

There is a word in the English language which adequately describes the typical sCUm fan: LOSER.

:LOLtartar

Saturday, November 28, 2009

In other news..Colorado head coach Dan Hawkins ordered the prized Husker golf car be disassembled following the thrashing they received by Nebraska on black Friday. Parts to be recycled. Hawkins is to issue a formal apology (live on ESPN, 6:00 p.m. eastern) to admit his acceptance of utter submission to Nebraska for all the following seasons he is Colorado head football coach.

<_< or anymore time in the State of Kansas than he has to...