Sam Keller files lawsuit against EA sports and the NCAA

:sarcasmAnd oh yeah...I think I seen a fan on there that looked JUST like me and had the same clapping motion...I want my share, too, damn it!! :horns2

NO JOKE!! I swear that there is a guy with a large head of poofy hair that could easily be mistaken for myself. :clap

This lawsuit is ridiculous. This is the exact kind of stupid bullsh#t that will have us living in Orwell's 1984 or Huxley's Brave New World. Sam Keller needs to get a day job. He's only making a fool out of himself.

As for the athletes not getting money issue, my tears dry pretty quickly. In addition to getting a free education (most of which would ordinarily be out of state tuition rates for the scholly guys), there's the board that's paid for, the meals at the training table, top medical attention the entire time you're with the team. On top of that you're a walking talking deity in Lincoln, NE, and you're in prime position to make your case as to why you should be playing on Sundays in the NFL. The opportunities afforded you simply for being a Husker are worth their weight in gold. And you're telling me that some pixel image (which 99% of the time is blocked by a helmet) constitutes a likeness? Please.

This isn't fighting the man. It's got nothing to do with economic unfairness to athletes. It's just a pathetic attempt to draw attention to oneself and maybe make a few bucks in the process. Disgraceful. Another fine example of the wussy culture breeding in this country today.

QUOTE(zoogies @ May 6 2009, 03:01 PM)

wow....

that's really low. is this for real? sounds like he's really desparate for some money. and i've always had pretty high regard for sam keller as a guy. sorry sam, that's just f'n retarded.

I just had to edit this comment...

Well when you party like Sam Kellar does you tend to "blow" through cash quite quickly.

I really like this comment because I think I know what you're referring to and I think that we are in the same "line" of thinking. I'd say Keller probably spends more money on hair gel than on "blow"ing his money though.

I don't feel that this suit will be taken too seriously, because if it is, it will basically put EA Sports out of business - or any other game manufacturer out there now or in the future.

:laughpound Are you kidding me!?! EA makes enough money off the Madden franchise alone each year to buy the NCAA if they wanted to! Trust me EA will do just fine with or without NCAA football or basketball games to shill.

This lawsuit is ridiculous. This is the exact kind of stupid bullsh#t that will have us living in Orwell's 1984 or Huxley's Brave New World. Sam Keller needs to get a day job. He's only making a fool out of himself.

As for the athletes not getting money issue, my tears dry pretty quickly. In addition to getting a free education (most of which would ordinarily be out of state tuition rates for the scholly guys), there's the board that's paid for, the meals at the training table, top medical attention the entire time you're with the team. On top of that you're a walking talking deity in Lincoln, NE, and you're in prime position to make your case as to why you should be playing on Sundays in the NFL. The opportunities afforded you simply for being a Husker are worth their weight in gold. And you're telling me that some pixel image (which 99% of the time is blocked by a helmet) constitutes a likeness? Please.

This isn't fighting the man. It's got nothing to do with economic unfairness to athletes. It's just a pathetic attempt to draw attention to oneself and maybe make a few bucks in the process. Disgraceful. Another fine example of the wussy culture breeding in this country today.

Yeah!

You're right!

This state and University doesn't need Football.

There's PLENTY of us who will gladly strap it on, even if only to play Flag Football.

Sure, our sold out streak might end, but think of all the money we'll save on all those free scholarships.

Not to mention all those plane ticket$$$ to all the Bowlgames for the players, band members, cheerleaders and faculty...

Plus it would free up more Saturdays to work on our Honeydoo Lists.

I think everyone knows what he is referring with "blow". Just wondering has that ever been proven? You know because this board is so huge on getting the facts correct.

1. I'm a woman...get your personal pronouns right. I know, I know...it's impossible for you to believe that a real woman could: know about football, discuss it intelligently and post on a male dominted site like this.

2. Proven? No. But we all have heard what the word is regarding this situation through the grapevine.

And, when people I know, and trust, who are a lot closer to the daily ins and outs of the program than I am, are all whispering the same thing...it generally tends to be true-even if it can't be "proven" in the court of law sense.

I think everyone knows what he is referring with "blow". Just wondering has that ever been proven? You know because this board is so huge on getting the facts correct.

1. I'm a woman...get your personal pronouns right. I know, I know...it's impossible for you to believe that a real woman could: know about football, discuss it intelligently and post on a male dominted site like this.

2. Proven? No. But we all have heard what the word is regarding this situation through the grapevine.

And, when people I know, and trust, who are a lot closer to the daily ins and outs of the program than I am, are all whispering the same thing...it generally tends to be true-even if it can't be "proven" in the court of law sense.

All durring Sam's time here at ASU, I never ever saw him blow anyone..But then..I don't go to those kind of parties.

I don't feel that this suit will be taken too seriously, because if it is, it will basically put EA Sports out of business - or any other game manufacturer out there now or in the future.

:laughpound Are you kidding me!?! EA makes enough money off the Madden franchise alone each year to buy the NCAA if they wanted to! Trust me EA will do just fine with or without NCAA football or basketball games to shill.

Thank you huzkerbob.... I was just thinking the same thing, and lets not forget about Tiger Woods Golf. That sells about as many copies as Madden per year.

Yeah!

You're right!

This state and University doesn't need Football.

There's PLENTY of us who will gladly strap it on, even if only to play Flag Football.

Sure, our sold out streak might end, but think of all the money we'll save on all those free scholarships.

Not to mention all those plane ticket$$$ to all the Bowlgames for the players, band members, cheerleaders and faculty...

Plus it would free up more Saturdays to work on our Honeydoo Lists.

What the hell are you talking about?

I have to wonder if there aren't some releases that should be signed by players when they play for a university? If there hasn't been, maybe there will be now? I don't feel that this suit will be taken too seriously, because if it is, it will basically put EA Sports out of business - or any other game manufacturer out there now or in the future.

If a player for a university refuses to sign on, it basically would make that university's roster obsolete. I can see some kid coming along, being the "star player" and demanding a bigger cut of the action. I have a hard time believing a lawyer out there actually took this one on. The court will throw this one out rather quickly.

This raises another question...is the university being paid or is the NCAA reaping all the financial benefit out of these games?

Bad Sam Keller...bad!! :nutz If he was going to do something like this, or if I was the lawyer willing to take a case like this, I would have went out and got some other kids signed on so I could make it a class action lawsuit. But then you do realize that if they actually won this case it would drive the prices of the games through the ceiling, with every kid wanting their cut.

:sarcasm And oh yeah...I think I seen a fan on there that looked JUST like me and had the same clapping motion...I want my share, too, damn it!! :horns2

Watch out Mods...I see several smilies that look just like me on here, too, since I am bald and not that tall... :hellloooo have anger issues :nutz:steamdedhoarse and a drinking problem :wasted:cheers !!

You do?? We have people suing each other over spilled coffee and you're surprised he found a lawyer that would file on his behalf??

...and they win.

All durring Sam's time here at ASU, I never ever saw him blow anyone..But then..I don't go to those kind of parties.

:laughpound:laughpound:rollin:rollin:laughpound:laughpound