Free Agents

I have not heard about anyone else, but my understanding is Ganz is not with a team. had a three day try out and was not signed.

I believe everyone else was signed to a FA contract, so you most likely wont hear anything untill traning camps start and cuts start getting made from 80 to 53

Haven't heard much, but as for Marlon Lucky...I think he had a minor injury and the Bengals just added Brian Leonard RB/FB via trade from the Rams so it's not looking like he will make it as their 3rd RB anymore. Probably end up on their practice squad now. Hope he makes it, but not likely right now.

Dudes..... one would think my homeboy, Nate Swift, would be gold in Denver, cause they have been waiting for another Ed McCaffery. Seriously the guy has to make the roster.

I would of liked Nate's chances better in Denver if they still had Cutler. He was a quarterback that could of made his recievers look better than they were. I do not see Orton being able to make Swift looking better than he really is. that is just my opinon though.

Dudes..... one would think my homeboy, Nate Swift, would be gold in Denver, cause they have been waiting for another Ed McCaffery. Seriously the guy has to make the roster.

I would of liked Nate's chances better in Denver if they still had Cutler. He was a quarterback that could of made his recievers look better than they were. I do not see Orton being able to make Swift looking better than he really is. that is just my opinon though.

then maybe they need to can Orton and get a real qb?

then maybe they need to can Orton and get a real qb?

I am all for that, but I personally don't care for Denver except for the former skers on the team.

I have not heard about anyone else, but my understanding is Ganz is not with a team. had a three day try out and was not signed.

I believe everyone else was signed to a FA contract, so you most likely wont hear anything untill traning camps start and cuts start getting made from 80 to 53

Damn, I theought Ganz would catch on and at least be a practice squad player.

swift_gc_090503.jpg

"TWO MINUTES: After several spirited 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills, the team concluded practice with an 11-on-11 two-minute drill. Kyle Orton was five-of-six on his two-minute drive, completing three consecutive passes to Brandon Stokley before hitting Eddie Royal to set up a Matt Prater field goal. Chris Simms was up next, he was four-of-seven and completed two big passes to rookie Nate Swift to set up another Prater field goal."

@ http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbronco...practice-recap/

Swift is now #83 instead of #87 also.

I'll try to look for info on the others, but so far I've only found things about Swift and Ganz

Edit #1:

Just more detail on Lucky's injury/mini camp performance.

"Running back Marlon Lucky, a college free agent, suffered a hamstring injury on Friday and didn't practice the rest of the weekend. In the one practice he did take part in, Lewis liked what he saw."

Article it was referenced to isn't online anymore, but I found that quoted on this board:

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=45456

Off topic a bit, Maurice Purify is on the mini camp roster (: Maybe you all know that, but I never knew haha..

http://www.bengals.com/team/rookie-minicamp-roster.html

I actually spoke with Todd Peterson's cousin monday night (first cousin, not fourth cousin on auntie may's side twice removed type) and he said that things are going well in Jacksonville for him and he is going to be in training camp and try his hand at special teams. He said that the coaches seem to be thinking highly of him so cross your fingers.