OL/DT Jesse Hinz

Sorry if there is already a thread on this guy but I couldnt find one when I searched. It appears this guy is the next Nebraska kid to get offered but NU. In the rivals database he is listed as an OG but was listed as a DT for a while so I'm not sure what we are looking at him for. Appears to have good size and strength so we shall see.

Damn, my fault...I looked at his profile and it didnt have an offer from NU but I just figured they hadnt got around to it. Why the hell would they make that a main story on HI? He got offered by Ohio not Ohio St. Man I got pretty excited too, I think this guy will be too solid of an in state guy to pass up.

Damn, my fault...I looked at his profile and it didnt have an offer from NU but I just figured they hadnt got around to it. Why the hell would they make that a main story on HI? He got offered by Ohio not Ohio St. Man I got pretty excited too, I think this guy will be too solid of an in state guy to pass up.

No worries. I just about did the same thing. Probably needed a thread on him anyway as I'm sure he'll keep coming up as one of the top 10 players in Nebraska.

It appears that if NU were to offer a 2nd instate kid, Hinz could very well be it. He seems to have a lot of the right measurements. Issue is with the limited number of schollies this year, Hinz is going to have to really impress in the camps this Summer to get an offer other than preferred walk on from NU.

It appears that if NU were to offer a 2nd instate kid, Hinz could very well be it. He seems to have a lot of the right measurements. Issue is with the limited number of schollies this year, Hinz is going to have to really impress in the camps this Summer to get an offer other than preferred walk on from NU.

From what I understand he'd usually have an offer, but this year is so tight they're being extra-picky. The locals will have to wait at-least til camp to get an offer. Hopefully Hinz, Coleman, or maybe Uher can up his status.

From what I understand he'd usually have an offer, but this year is so tight they're being extra-picky. The locals will have to wait at-least til camp to get an offer. Hopefully Hinz, Coleman, or maybe Uher can up his status.

We're not as tight on schollies as it looked like we were gonna be. We still likely take about 20 or so this year.

And it wouldn't matter if we were tight on schollies or not, Hinz would have to earn his offer regardless. We don't want another Jon Lechner where we offer a marginal in-state talent, only to have him raped by lesser talent when he comes to our camp.

But why are a few of these threads in this forum? I've noticed a few profiles of kids who don't have offers in this side of the forum.

We're not as tight on schollies as it looked like we were gonna be. We still likely take about 20 or so this year.

And it wouldn't matter if we were tight on schollies or not, Hinz would have to earn his offer regardless. We don't want another Jon Lechner where we offer a marginal in-state talent, only to have him raped by lesser talent when he comes to our camp.

But why are a few of these threads in this forum? I've noticed a few profiles of kids who don't have offers in this side of the forum.

Someone is obviously doing it on purpose to displease you. They're all watching....

:blink:

In the past, to clean things up, someone tried to implement "only players with offers get threads" (this was for last year's recruiting cycle). This year, it has become anyone who lists Nebraska as a school of interest.

Completely confusing, but that would explain why there are so many threads of guys even I have never heard of. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Wow....something weird going on here to going on here cause he went from supposedly being the next instate offer(which Evans became) to being a potential Boomer Sooner player of interest, to becoming Craig Bohl's next big thing. WTF :dunno:wtf:nutz

Kinda surprised me he didn't opt for Ohio(a pretty good school that is supposed to be quite fun) or wait to see if anyone else offered him.

From what I've read he just didn't keep developing. A year ago he was considered pretty likely to get an offer but they got him into camp and weren't particularly impressed.