Paulus, Marve updates

would love to get paulus. it just makes so much sense, it will add more depth for a year and he will only be taking up a scholly for a year! i dont understand why anyone would not want him....

How exactly would we benefit from that? If he has no chance of ever seeing the field (barring a disastrous string of injuries) then wouldn't those practice snaps be more beneficial for a QB who might actually play for us?

would love to get paulus. it just makes so much sense, it will add more depth for a year and he will only be taking up a scholly for a year! i dont understand why anyone would not want him....

How exactly would we benefit from that? If he has no chance of ever seeing the field (barring a disastrous string of injuries) then wouldn't those practice snaps be more beneficial for a QB who might actually play for us?

its depth and competition in practice. this guy was the #1 qb recruit coming out of HS. more competition in practice can only lead to good things. i would rather have 3 viable qb options this season than 2 as green is not a viable option and as seen in the spring game could use a redshirt year...

I totally agree carlfense!!! Please do NOT under any circumstances give Paulus a scholly!! Reasons are the following:

1. Numbers crunch with schollies. We are limited enough as is and this would be a huge waste. With question marks in the interior of the D-line, secondary, and wide receiver, we should hit these areas somewhat hard.

2. As said, barring massive injury rashes he would never take a snap.

3. Have you seen video of this guy throwing? He sucks. Watch the Army All American practice videos sometime, you'll see what I mean.

4. Big XII football is a whole different monster than playing Bball for the last four years. The most contact this guy has had at Duke were the five or six posters of opponents "tea-baggin" while dunking on him in games. Again check out the videos they are quite humorous.

5. I'd rather have one of our young pup QB's taking the reps of being a backup to gain that valuable experience and getting used to that "college game speed." This would be so much more beneficial to the program down the line.

I honestly can't believe that we were this open to Paulus. Huge mistake if he is here in the fall with a scholly and the primary backup.

PS 6. Duke royally sucks the big one!!!!

:rant

I totally agree carlfense!!! Please do NOT under any circumstances give Paulus a scholly!! Reasons are the following:

1. Numbers crunch with schollies. We are limited enough as is and this would be a huge waste. With question marks in the interior of the D-line, secondary, and wide receiver, we should hit these areas somewhat hard.

3. Have you seen video of this guy throwing? He sucks. Watch the Army All American practice videos sometime, you'll see what I mean.

4. Big XII football is a whole different monster than playing Bball for the last four years. The most contact this guy has had at Duke were the five or six posters of opponents "tea-baggin" while dunking on him in games. Again check out the videos they are quite humorous.

5. I'd rather have one of our young pup QB's taking the reps of being a backup to gain that valuable experience and getting used to that "college game speed." This would be so much more beneficial to the program down the line.

I honestly can't believe that we were this open to Paulus. Huge mistake if he is here in the fall with a scholly and the primary backup.

ok and we are not losing a scholly! we are simply replacing witt for this season. at the end of the season the scholly will become available again. we will have lost nothing! we can still go get that dline, secondary, or WR and sign him to scholarship in february just like we are gonna do right now....

ok and we are not losing a scholly! we are simply replacing witt for this season. at the end of the season the scholly will become available again. we will have lost nothing! we can still go get that dline, secondary, or WR and sign him to scholarship in february just like we are gonna do right now....

:yeah I am with you B, I find that whole no scholarships available for Paulus a moot point. He is essentially just taking the slot that Witt vacated and will have NO impact on the 2010 recruiting numbers. Bottom line is that BOTH Washington and Green need a RS year. Spano may not be all the way back to be a viable back up, NU needs someone to be a backup to Lee. By backup I mean someone to take snaps in mop up duty so we don't burn the RS status of Washington and Green and keep Lee from possibly getting hurt in garbage time.

As far as he not being a good player, well I don't know but all of the services seemed to love him coming out. Is his throwing motion that different from the incoming Golden Boy Martinez? He is rusty, but if he is halfway decent throwing then he would do ok and we know he is at least as fast as Ganz so the run game is fine also.

So if Patt Witt's scholly was open and it was between Paulus and Alex Henery, you are giving it to whom? Or Kohler, May, or some walk on who actually has been ON a football field within the last four years. And we all know that the state of New York is a football factory and is loaded with teams stocked with Division I talent, oh wait guess not. Unless we count Nyiann Botang cause he is absolutely been unstoppable in college. :sarcasm