ATH Harold Mobley

Being 6ft4 225 pounds and being able to jump 39 inches in the air is pretty impressive.

He may be able to play some WR.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/...ld-Mobley-90066

I say either one sounds good to me. WR/TE They had two D I athletes playing wideout at this school, so they had him play QB. That is pretty impressive. We are in a quiet period, so the quote on the commitment comes from his coach. Pretty exciting news during the quiet period.

Change of plans. I say WR that can block!!! See video below. Let's hope his grades are ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVsF79PvkkQ

DAMN!!

I don't think you have a three star guy with a scholarship walk on to the program. OH JAKE COTTON WHY DID YOU GET A SCHOLARSHIP????? IMO he is going to be a good player for us. We need offensive talent and I think he is it. We can still pick up Cooper and Bell or Colter, and we have a shot at OO

I don't think you have a three star guy with a scholarship walk on to the program. OH JAKE COTTON WHY DID YOU GET A SCHOLARSHIP????? IMO he is going to be a good player for us. We need offensive talent and I think he is it. We can still pick up Cooper and Bell or Colter, and we have a shot at OO

:facepalm:

Quick question. I always had the understanding that ESPN and Scout worked together when evaluating prospects. So why does ESPN have him as a 3 star/78 OVR, while Scout has him as a 2 star? I know some of you don't like this star business, but I am a sucker for it.

Being 6ft4 225 pounds and being able to jump 39 inches in the air is pretty impressive.

He may be able to play some WR.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/...ld-Mobley-90066

I say either one sounds good to me. WR/TE They had two D I athletes playing wideout at this school, so they had him play QB. That is pretty impressive. We are in a quiet period, so the quote on the commitment comes from his coach. Pretty exciting news during the quiet period.

Change of plans. I say WR that can block!!! See video below. Let's hope his grades are ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVsF79PvkkQ

Funny how he starts celebrating after the hit even though the play still appears to be going. If he does that at NU, you can expect to see Bo fly into the screen and tackle Mobley, causing his own helmet to go flying.

I wonder if this means we are on the outside looking in for some of the big boys we are high on right now(Owa,Cooper, QB search)

I don't see the connection. How do you figure? They still have at least two scholarships left from what the coaches have said.

Well, this would leave us with 2 spots and I am guessing we have our eyes on more than just Owa and Cooper. I doubt we offer to Mobley if we think we have Owa and Cooper wrapped up because i am guessing there are some players we would rather have over Mobley.

Just my guess, i am probably waaay off.

I am confused. Hasn't Mobley had a scholarship in hand since the very beginning? People are acting like we just offered him. Am I wrong here?

You are correct that the staff gave him an official offer a long time ago. I think why we are all surprised is that he is being brought on board NOW. As with many other players that get offered, not all end up being able to commit to the team because the coaches got other player(s) to fill that spot(s). In a sense the offer is no longer valid and most staffs will simply cut off contact with the player. I think this is what most of us were thinking about Mobley, that his opportunity had closed. Most seem to think he is a TE/DE prospect and NU has gotten commits at both positions so it was assumed the staff wasn't interested in Mobley anymore. I will say that there are some grumblings that Mobley wants to commit, but the coaches don't know yet. We will see how this all plays out.