ATH Harold Mobley

Why do you all think Rivals hasn't broke this yet? Are they just waiting to talk with Mobley or his coach directly? I would think it would be enough to say that a CA newspaper is reporting that Mobley has committed to NU. pe.com appears to be a legit newspaper.

A poster on HI that usually has pretty good information commented that he expected him to be a sign and place JUCO guy. I wouldn't put too much stock in the GPA listed on Rivals, I've seen them massively mistype things before (I remember one time they had a running back listed at 395 lbs, big oops there!)

Why do you all think Rivals hasn't broke this yet? Are they just waiting to talk with Mobley or his coach directly? I would think it would be enough to say that a CA newspaper is reporting that Mobley has committed to NU. pe.com appears to be a legit newspaper.

A poster on HI that usually has pretty good information commented that he expected him to be a sign and place JUCO guy. I wouldn't put too much stock in the GPA listed on Rivals, I've seen them massively mistype things before (I remember one time they had a running back listed at 395 lbs, big oops there!)

Interesting. But wouldn't Rivals at least announce that he committed, even if they don't expect him to qualify? The (possible) fact that Mobley might not make grades doesn't change the fact that he's a member of Nebraska's 2010 recruiting class - even if only for now. Rivals' silence just seems curious to me, that's all.

Okay, here goes:

-- Mobley intends to give his verbal to NU today, but hasn't contacted any of the NU coaches about it yet. HI will update their site when they have information on it.

-- NU commit Jermarcus Hardrick is moving to Lincoln this Saturday (1/9) for the spring semester.

-- NU commit Walker Ashburn is planning his official visit on Jan. 15th.

-- No new updates on Owa.

-- No new updates on Brion Carnes.

-- No new updates on Corey Cooper.

Okay, here goes:

-- Mobley intends to give his verbal to NU today, but hasn't contacted any of the NU coaches about it yet. HI will update their site when they have information on it.

-- NU commit Jermarcus Hardrick is moving to Lincoln this Saturday (1/9) for the spring semester.

Thanks, your info is much appreciated! :star:star:star:star:star

Okay, here goes:

Not sure of the rules with the quiet period but it sounds like the coach in Cali let the info out of the bag a little early.

I am sure if he contacts the coaches it is ok and then the info can get released.

Does anyone know when this quiet period is over???

It sounds like he let the info out of the bag really early.

From what I've gathered just reading about other kids' recruitments, even if you hold an offer, deciding to accept it does not mean you've become a commit. The coaches still have to accept it. Weird, isn't it?

Athlete, Athletes, Athletes....if this turns out to be ture that Mobley committed I find nooo problem with the fact that he took a schollie possibly away from someone else. He's 6'4 225 lbs and runs a 4.6 and someone said he has a 39 inch verticle? With those measurables there is somewhere you can put him whether it be TE, WR, LB, DE or maybe a combo of each of those meaning a TE/WR type like Reed or a hybrid LB/DE type. We just need to keep recruiting athletes and let the coaches decide where to put them, but I really like the potential for Mobley.

It sounds like he let the info out of the bag really early.

From what I've gathered just reading about other kids' recruitments, even if you hold an offer, deciding to accept it does not mean you've become a commit. The coaches still have to accept it. Weird, isn't it?

Coaches offer a few prospects knowing that they can't/won't get all of them. It is a numbers game. I will be very interested to see if his commitment gets accepted, NU should be full at TE and DE so if they do then they must think he has potential in other areas.

Athlete, Athletes, Athletes....if this turns out to be ture that Mobley committed I find nooo problem with the fact that he took a schollie possibly away from someone else. He's 6'4 225 lbs and runs a 4.6 and someone said he has a 39 inch verticle? With those measurables there is somewhere you can put him whether it be TE, WR, LB, DE or maybe a combo of each of those meaning a TE/WR type like Reed or a hybrid LB/DE type. We just need to keep recruiting athletes and let the coaches decide where to put them, but I really like the potential for Mobley.

I agree huskers1, but I think it is telling on how this staff is recruiting if they are turning players away. Don't give me the whole Evans and Cotton bit either, they don't factor in here as it is about needs by position. Those two aren't the reason Mobley may not be able to come to NU. I would like to have Mobley, but if NU turns away a quality player because they got better players at that position then I am really happy because that is great recruiting. Also yet to be seen if Mobley is a Sign and Place (JUCO) or not. There is a whole lot of that going around about him right now. May not make the grade this year.