Need help

I have the opportunity to sit down and have dinner with Coach Ron Brown in the very near future. I have been a life-long Husker freak and definitely know my Husker stuff, and a lot about Coach Brown. With that said, I would like a little insight on what I should expect or some conversation starters. I have been a head football coach for 15 years and I also teach high school Sunday school class, so I am hoping that we have enough connections between the two to carry on a decent conversation without him thinkin I am a total idiot (which is actually the case)..... Anyone who has met him and could offer advice or insight, I would greatly appreciate it. I am excited, yet a little nervous. Thanks

I have the opportunity to sit down and have dinner with Coach Ron Brown in the very near future. I have been a life-long Husker freak and definitely know my Husker stuff, and a lot about Coach Brown. With that said, I would like a little insight on what I should expect or some conversation starters. I have been a head football coach for 15 years and I also teach high school Sunday school class, so I am hoping that we have enough connections between the two to carry on a decent conversation without him thinkin I am a total idiot (which is actually the case)..... Anyone who has met him and could offer advice or insight, I would greatly appreciate it. I am excited, yet a little nervous. Thanks

The best advice I can give you is to relax and be yourself. Between football and faith I think you'll have quite a bit to talk about.

The best advice I can give you is to relax and be yourself. Between football and faith I think you'll have quite a bit to talk about.

:yeah

I've met 100's of famous people in LA over the years and if you act normal and treat them like anyone else you will be fine. The people that freak out are the ones they don't like meeting.

Oh, I am not going to act like an idiot or be "star-struck"..... I am pretty down to earth and not worried about some of that stuff......but I do appreciate the suggestions.. I am just looking for some insight on what may be some of the things HE will be interested in talking about. Obviously, his faith will be the top conversation piece, and I am going to assume that we will talk a little football, but not let NU football talk dominate the conversation.... Just didn't know if what some of his other outside interests are....thought maybe someone on the board knew him personally and could help out.

I got this chance for the dinner through a church auction. I didn't buy the package, but the person who did wasn't able to attend, so they ask me if I was interested, and of course, I wasn't going to pass it up. As I have stated before, my wife has a lot of contacts with former and current Huskers and I have met and talked to many and am not the type who "idolizes" (sp) these kids, so that is not a big deal, but this is a bit different. Getting to sit down and talk to ANY college coach is cool, but especially if it is a guy whom I admire such as Coach Brown. Hopefully he will be able to give me something to take away that I can use in my own career, and I am not talking X's and O's...

Oh, I am not going to act like an idiot or be "star-struck"..... I am pretty down to earth and not worried about some of that stuff......but I do appreciate the suggestions.. I am just looking for some insight on what may be some of the things HE will be interested in talking about. Obviously, his faith will be the top conversation piece, and I am going to assume that we will talk a little football, but not let NU football talk dominate the conversation.... Just didn't know if what some of his other outside interests are....thought maybe someone on the board knew him personally and could help out.

I got this chance for the dinner through a church auction. I didn't buy the package, but the person who did wasn't able to attend, so they ask me if I was interested, and of course, I wasn't going to pass it up. As I have stated before, my wife has a lot of contacts with former and current Huskers and I have met and talked to many and am not the type who "idolizes" (sp) these kids, so that is not a big deal, but this is a bit different. Getting to sit down and talk to ANY college coach is cool, but especially if it is a guy whom I admire such as Coach Brown. Hopefully he will be able to give me something to take away that I can use in my own career, and I am not talking X's and O's...

One thing I would ask is - where does he see college football in 5-10 years? Now we see a lot of spread offenses. Defenses are countering by becoming lighter and faster. Does he see the beginnings of a trend to power offenses to counter those "light" defenses? Will that be influenced at all by the fact that kids may look at the sucess (or failure) of most spread quarterbacks in the NFL, and that those spread teams may have a harder time finding the right guy to run it?

HANC, I am jealous and in awe of you :worship:worship:worship . I have always thought that one of the best moves Bo P. did was to bring Ron Brown back. Other than TO there isn't anyone else I would rather have in my dining room recruiting my son. (Bo comes next.) You will do well, I'd guess Coach Brown will put you at ease almost immediately.

T_O_B