BIG 12 NORTH PRESEASON FORECAST

I'd like to give a big "thank you" to our Big XII visitors here. Bear, Jayhawk and Jayhawker, you are all well-spoken, respectful and intelligent folks. I appreciate your willingness to provide good conversation, whether you agree with our point of view or not.

Having just spent the past year-ish posting mostly at the LJS blogs, and seeing what kind of nonsense is allowed over there, I find your outsider takes very interesting, and very refreshing in the level of info you provide and the intelligence with which you do it.

Thank you. And stick around during the season, please.

I'd like to give a big "thank you" to our Big XII visitors here. Bear, Jayhawk and Jayhawker, you are all well-spoken, respectful and intelligent folks. I appreciate your willingness to provide good conversation, whether you agree with our point of view or not.

Having just spent the past year-ish posting mostly at the LJS blogs, and seeing what kind of nonsense is allowed over there, I find your outsider takes very interesting, and very refreshing in the level of info you provide and the intelligence with which you do it.

I, too, enjoy the different points of view and hope they all stick around and keep it coming. (BTW - Those LJS blogs are completely unreadable garbage). I am one of the few that has absolutely no animosity towards any fan base.

That said, did I read earlier in this very thread about a Jayhawk trying to say that they almost beat OU in Norman and ask how OUR D-line did?

In what strange universe does being behind by 21 with less than 2 minutes to go against OU's backups, and losing by 2 TD's constitute a near win? Considering OU had their season high 674 yards of total offense, including a school passing record versus KU should be of no concern at all, right? Truth is, they moved the ball nearly at will on both teams, and capitalized better in the game against the Huskers. Much much better. Much credit goes to the Jayhawks for fighting and clawing till the end, but no, you did NOT almost beat OU in Norman.

That said, did I read earlier in this very thread about a Jayhawk trying to say that they almost beat OU in Norman and ask how OUR D-line did?

In what strange universe does being behind by 21 with less than 2 minutes to go against OU's backups, and losing by 2 TD's constitute a near win? Considering OU had their season high 674 yards of total offense, including a school passing record versus KU should be of no concern at all, right? Truth is, they moved the ball nearly at will on both teams, and capitalized better in the game against the Huskers. Much much better. Much credit goes to the Jayhawks for fighting and clawing till the end, but no, you did NOT almost beat OU in Norman.

If our D can get even 30% better, we have a chance of knocking off teams from the south because of our O. My point was that our O moved the ball at will against OU until we abandoned the running game late in the third. Sharp averaged 8.6 ypc in that game. So i'm not that worried about the O. Very worried if the D isn't better than last years, which on paper it should be.

Thank you, you won't see any personal attacks from me about you guys or Nebraska, I've lived here for 10 years now and i'm married to a husker family. I like Nebraska and I like the people here, I do like to rib and make jokes so please don't take me too serious.

If our D can get even 30% better, we have a chance of knocking off teams from the south because of our O. My point was that our O moved the ball at will against OU until we abandoned the running game late in the third. Sharp averaged 8.6 ypc in that game. So i'm not that worried about the O. Very worried if the D isn't better than last years, which on paper it should be.

I think you are selling the OU D short. They are returning 9 of 11 starters this year, the same unit that looked pretty darn good by the end of the year including holding UF down for the majority of the game. They will be much better than the last time you faced them. I am not sure your O will be MUCH better than last year. The same personnel are back but I don't know if Reesing is going to improve much from his really high level of play. I would guess your O will be slightly better than last year, this doesn't give much confidence that you can right the ship vs. OU.

Thanks to everyone for tolerating us. The next few months are the most boring time and sports, and this definitely keeps things interesting. This should be one of the more exciting years of football for Nebraska, Kansas, Texas, and Baylor in my opinion.

I live in Denver now, and have met more KU and Husker fans here than in my entire life, which naturally led me to this board. This helps keep me up to speed before the weekend when we all fight about who's winning what games during happy hour.

Thanks to everyone for tolerating us. The next few months are the most boring time and sports, and this definitely keeps things interesting. This should be one of the more exciting years of football for Nebraska, Kansas, Texas, and Baylor in my opinion.

I live in Denver now, and have met more KU and Husker fans here than in my entire life, which naturally led me to this board. This helps keep me up to speed before the weekend when we all fight about who's winning what games during happy hour.

Bear, are there any good Baylor boards out there? I always like frequenting other team's boards to get the different perceptions.

I think you are selling the OU D short. They are returning 9 of 11 starters this year, the same unit that looked pretty darn good by the end of the year including holding UF down for the majority of the game. They will be much better than the last time you faced them. I am not sure your O will be MUCH better than last year. The same personnel are back but I don't know if Reesing is going to improve much from his really high level of play. I would guess your O will be slightly better than last year, this doesn't give much confidence that you can right the ship vs. OU.

Do they return (and will he be healthy) their big-time linebacker that got injured in the Texas game (Reynolds, I believe)?

I have said this ad nauseum, but your O will only be good if your o-line can block. The fact remains that your o-line will be one of the most inexperienced in the Big 12. If they can't pass & run block better this year, your O will suffer regardless of who you return at QB and WR.

Do they return (and will he be healthy) their big-time linebacker that got injured in the Texas game (Reynolds, I believe)?

Yes, Reynolds is back in the fold.

NewsOK.com

Bear, are there any good Baylor boards out there? I always like frequenting other team's boards to get the different perceptions.

Baylorfans.com is our only good board. Most are very inviting fans over there...but beware, there are about 4 or so uninviting ones that absolutely live on that board. However, most posters are die hard Baylor fans, and have respect for husker fans. It's widely known that most husker fans are respectful to visiting teams at tailgates, etc, and many on that board have been to Lincoln to experience it.

There's always exceptions to every fan base including Nebraska, and that exception has to be my best friend's girlfriend. She's the worst, and she can't name one person on the 2009 roster. You gotta love the enthusiasm though.

Baylorfans.com is our only good board. Most are very inviting fans over there...but beware, there are about 4 or so uninviting ones that absolutely live on that board. However, most posters are die hard Baylor fans, and have respect for husker fans. It's widely known that most husker fans are respectful to visiting teams at tailgates, etc, and many on that board have been to Lincoln to experience it.

There's always exceptions to every fan base including Nebraska, and that exception has to be my best friend's girlfriend. She's the worst, and she can't name one person on the 2009 roster. You gotta love the enthusiasm though.

Thanks! I will have to check it out.

Yes, Reynolds is back in the fold.

NewsOK.com

He appeared to make a big different during the Texas/Oklahoma game last year. Not that the game really mattered in the end anyway.

I think Reynolds got hurt in that game didn't he? I thought I read that somewhere and I thought that they article claimed that made a big difference in that game.