Mason Wald

This sucks....Mason Wald was my favorite recruit from the 08' Recruits and watching film on him had me excited to watch him play. He had that speed and hitting power that reminded me of the Brown's from back in the day. He wasn't scared at all to bullrush into a wall of offensive lineman to make a tackle.

I'll miss this recruit and I wish him the best of luck. Wasn't there talk of Mason probably starting next year? I thought that I read an article in Husker Illustrated that talked about this. I think it was right after Culbert's departure from the team.

This sucks....Mason Wald was my favorite recruit from the 08' Recruits and watching film on him had me excited to watch him play. He had that speed and hitting power that reminded me of the Brown's from back in the day. He wasn't scared at all to bullrush into a wall of offensive lineman to make a tackle.

I'll miss this recruit and I wish him the best of luck. Wasn't there talk of Mason probably starting next year? I thought that I read an article in Husker Illustrated that talked about this. I think it was right after Culbert's departure from the team.

Nope, no talk of Mason starting other than Special Teams. All of the impact Freshmen Safety buzz was on PJ Smith, who will be a very special player when it is all said and done, and the Osborne twin. Mason was behind Asante, Thenarse, Hagg, PJ, and Osborne. Add to that Washington who will show up this year and playing time was most likely only going to come on ST's. Wald wasn't good enough in pass coverage.

Another score for Rivals and Scout star ratings. :rolleyes:

.....He was only a 2 star...so..... :dunno

I don't think this is a big loss at all. In a class where our scholarship numbers were limited, this really helps us out. We have great momentum going with this current class and another scholarship will give us more freedom to get the players we want.

I don't think this is a big loss at all. In a class where our scholarship numbers were limited, this really helps us out. We have great momentum going with this current class and another scholarship will give us more freedom to get the players we want.

Right, but after watching Wald's video when he was recruited, it gave non-believers in star ranking systems hope that this kid would be able to disprove recruiting services like Scout and Rivals. I personally, thought that the video was far better than a lot of the 4 arnd 5 star safety videos that I have seen.

Right, but after watching Wald's video when he was recruited, it gave non-believers in star ranking systems hope that this kid would be able to disprove recruiting services like Scout and Rivals. I personally, thought that the video was far better than a lot of the 4 arnd 5 star safety videos that I have seen.

:yeah I'm agreeing on Axl on this one

Except his video never showed his ability to cover which is why he was rated so low.

The kid played at one of the biggest HS' in the biggest division in Alabama. Kid wasn't getting overlooked or anything. He just couldn't cover even if Matt Slauson was the WR.

Down on the depth chart or not, you still need guys like Mason, IMO. They can infuse a different mentality. I think we can all agree we had been lacking physicality and effort for the past few years. I was thrilled with his commitment and will be sad to see him go. But, it does free up a scholly so I'm not completely upset by it.

Good luck in wherever life takes you, Mason!