LB Joe Gilliam

"Maybe our recruiting problems are based in the academic dept. Again, I'm not saying UNL is a school that doesn't care about grades (look at academic All-Americans) but academically it carries nowhere near the weight that these schools do."

well, that excuse isn't one that plays at OU, they are one of the worst at academics in the B 12 and they get top notch kids....try again.

I don't see OU in his top 5?!

How is this for trying again? Try reading my post again!!!

I was saying that if a recruit is looking for academics and NU is recruiting against the other people in his top 5, they won't get the recruit unless he is a local kid.

I gauran-god-damn-tee you that Oklahoma is not in a top 5 like that. I was saying that NU should be proud to have a student look at them in that light.

Now, when you have a recruit that could give a sh#t about grades and just wants to win football games, and NU makes it in to the top 5 including OK, Tex, Florida, USC. NU should be proud of that too!!!!

Wise up!!!!!

"Maybe our recruiting problems are based in the academic dept. Again, I'm not saying UNL is a school that doesn't care about grades (look at academic All-Americans) but academically it carries nowhere near the weight that these schools do."

well, that excuse isn't one that plays at OU, they are one of the worst at academics in the B 12 and they get top notch kids....try again.

I don't see OU in his top 5?!

How is this for trying again? Try reading my post again!!!

I was saying that if a recruit is looking for academics and NU is recruiting against the other people in his top 5, they won't get the recruit unless he is a local kid.

I gauran-god-damn-tee you that Oklahoma is not in a top 5 like that. I was saying that NU should be proud to have a student look at them in that light.

Now, when you have a recruit that could give a sh#t about grades and just wants to win football games, and NU makes it in to the top 5 including OK, Tex, Florida, USC. NU should be proud of that too!!!!

Wise up!!!!!

you are off your meds, junior. :dumdum

If it was mainly about academics he'd have gone Stanford, which is definitely on an echelon above Purdue. Purdue is very close to home. That is a big factor.

We just don't seem to do very well in Big10 country.

Depends, if he wants to be an engineer then Purdue is the better choice.

If it was mainly about academics he'd have gone Stanford, which is definitely on an echelon above Purdue. Purdue is very close to home. That is a big factor.

:yeah

I not so sure...they both seem to have great engineer programs.

I hate to use make believe rankings but....

Top Engineer Programs

U.S. News Rank University

1 Massachusetts Institute of Technology

2 Stanford University (CA)

3 University of California–Berkeley

4 Georgia Institute of Technology

4 University of Michigan–Ann Arbor

6 California Institute of Technology

6 University of Illinois–Urbana-Champaign

8 Carnegie Mellon University (PA)

9 Cornell University (NY)

9 Purdue University–West Lafayette (IN)

9 University of Texas–Austin

you guys are kiddin' me. Purdue is a very fine school with a stellar engineering program, definitely deserving a mention as one of the tops in the nation. A mention! It is NOT in the same class as Stanford, MIT, or Berkeley, the real giants, unless you want to get down to graduate departments in specific fields, then it's possible that for some fields Purdue excels. The poster above who said Stanford was an echelon above was right. At least on reputation, and that's partly what we're talking about here anyways. Hard to believe there's even a discussion here.

That said, we don't even know if he is looking at engineering.

you guys are kiddin' me. Purdue is a very fine school with a stellar engineering program, definitely deserving a mention as one of the tops in the nation. A mention! It is NOT in the same class as Stanford, MIT, or Berkeley, the real giants, unless you want to get down to graduate departments in specific fields, then it's possible that for some fields Purdue excels. The poster above who said Stanford was an echelon above was right. At least on reputation, and that's partly what we're talking about here anyways. Hard to believe there's even a discussion here.

That said, we don't even know if he is looking at engineering.

woah! I can't believe we're talking about engineering. All I know is that Purdue has a damn fine engineering program (from first hand experience) but Stanford probably is better at least on reputation.

Purdue *does* have a damn fine engineering program. Stanford just has a *premier* engineering program. I guess to a degree it's splitting hairs. Top 10 vs Top 3 or the like. On reputation, as I said.

(On a more related note, I agree it is probably location that is the major factor here.)

• 2 weeks later...