general help on tickets needed

C-4

For this fall, I have been planning to buy nebraska tickets, around 3-4 for the same game. I was thinking of something along the lines of kstate and average seats (J or K possibly). As of now, I have 300 saved on tickets, i checked ticketmaster today and saw tickets mainly in the triple digits. However, looking at tickets, there printed value is much lower.

If im looking at kstate or another average game for average tickets, would i need more then 100 apiece?

There are always a bunch of reasonably priced tickets on Craig's List. Go on and check it out during the season, people are selling groups of tix all the time. Also go down to the stadium before the game and find someone down there who's selling. I've never had a problem finding good seats for less than a hundred on game days.

PS Ticketmaster are the biggest crock of ticket gouging whores out there. Going to concert ain't so easy anymore with these clowns controlling the market. In closing don't get your tix from them.

:yeah This months Rolling Stones had an article on the TicketMaster free for all. There isn't an on-line link for it, but let's just say they have been walking all over concert goers for decades. And it doesn't look like that will change any time soon, and may never if their most recent merger goes through as planned.

I'll never use Ticketmaster again unless absolutely required to as a last resort. I bought 2 great seats to a concert in Topeka, they charged my AX, and then later emailed me and said they had credited my card back and not only were the 2 seats I bought no longer available but the event was sold out. Explain that one to the wife that really wanted to attend badly.

Thank heaven American Express isn't into sports ticketing big time (yet?) as I have a horror story to tell sometime on how this 'ex' gold card member was treated at a venue but I digress.

I'll never use Ticketmaster again unless absolutely required to as a last resort. I bought 2 great seats to a concert in Topeka, they charged my AX, and then later emailed me and said they had credited my card back and not only were the 2 seats I bought no longer available but the event was sold out. Explain that one to the wife that really wanted to attend badly.

Thank heaven American Express isn't into sports ticketing big time (yet?) as I have a horror story to tell sometime on how this 'ex' gold card member was treated at a venue but I digress.

I would love to hear your AMEX card story.. I am a gold card member (new) havent made it to a sporting venue yet. What happened? :dunno

My AX Gold story: Every month along with the statement they have a newsletter extolling all the great benefits of being a Gold cardholder. One offer was 'select seats' to attend River Dance at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago. So I fly the family up for a weekend getaway after purchasing the tix and this was more than a month from the performance date.

We arrive at the Theatre and proceeded up the steps to our 'special' seats...maybe five or six flights of stairs later we arrive. By this time I'm fit to be tied as we are in the rafters.

I've had better seats in the rafters at a KU basketball game. At least there I could still see the numbers on the jerseys. I did let AX know of my displeasure and NEVER again have I or will I buy a ticket through them for ANY event. That is the reason for my comment about them not being into sports ticketing big time and that's a good thing.

For this fall, I have been planning to buy nebraska tickets, around 3-4 for the same game. I was thinking of something along the lines of kstate and average seats (J or K possibly). As of now, I have 300 saved on tickets, i checked ticketmaster today and saw tickets mainly in the triple digits. However, looking at tickets, there printed value is much lower.

If im looking at kstate or another average game for average tickets, would i need more then 100 apiece?

Do not buy now...wait and scalp outside the stadium

but don't buy from those guys standing on the corner with a sign that reads "have tickets" on one side and "need tickets" on the other. I friggin' HATE scalpers. They're getting so easy to spot too because pretty much none of them even wear RED which makes them stand out like a sore thumb in the crowd.

but don't buy from those guys standing on the corner with a sign that reads "have tickets" on one side and "need tickets" on the other. I friggin' HATE scalpers. They're getting so easy to spot too because pretty much none of them even wear RED which makes them stand out like a sore thumb in the crowd.

Benny is spot on. I've had the best luck walking through the tailgates. People always seem to have extra tickets. I've gone to so many games paying face value for tickets I can't even remember them all now.

Go to the West side of the stadium and walk along the fence to Champions Club and hold up as many fingers as tickets you need. I've had people call me over and sell me tickets several times.