Would it be appropriate.....

I know in the past when Nebraska won big games...it was expected...so the celebration was big, but never crazy.

Now that winning big games against top rated teams is a bit of a memory...if it happens this year...will the fans rush the field like other schools or will it stay civil in the stands?

I'd love a chance to rush on the field!

I did it when we won in College Station in 2002..that was crazy..oh...and dangerous. :woo

Hard to say. If we beat Oklahoma, and they're undefeated coming in, I wouldn't be surprised to see fans on the field afterward.

I always hate when that happens, though. It's dangerous, and stupid stuff can happen because that's not where fans belong. Mixing super-excited (and possibly inebriated) fans with players of a losing team on the field is a great way to have stupid/bad stuff happen.

See: Kellen Huston.

Hard to say. If we beat Oklahoma, and they're undefeated coming in, I wouldn't be surprised to see fans on the field afterward.

I always hate when that happens, though. It's dangerous, and stupid stuff can happen because that's not where fans belong. Mixing super-excited (and possibly inebriated) fans with players of a losing team on the field is a great way to have stupid/bad stuff happen.

See: Kellen Huston.

But it was one of our guys doing it to some other team's fan so that makes it okay... :dumdum

Now, if they do it to one of us... :angry:

:wacko:

Humor appreciated, but it was NOT OK.

If they do it to one of us, I would hope we'd remember Huston at Missouri and think, "Yep, that stuff can happen when fans aren't where they belong."

I would hate to see an opponent raked over the coals for something we've done, and not just once. Remember the Rufneks down in Norman in 2005.

I know in the past when Nebraska won big games...it was expected...so the celebration was big, but never crazy.

Now that winning big games against top rated teams is a bit of a memory...if it happens this year...will the fans rush the field like other schools or will it stay civil in the stands?

I'd love a chance to rush on the field!

I did it when we won in College Station in 2002..that was crazy..oh...and dangerous. :woo

Of course we will. I was in college from 1993-96. We played for a NC every year I was in college and had season tickets. We rushed the field in big games then even though we rarely ever lost. I'm not saying we weren't civil, but we still rushed the field.

I doubt it... like HuskerfaninOkieland said, act like we've been there. celebrate in the stands and outside the stadium after the game. only time will tell though but i hope no one does... to add to that, when I think of people rushing the field after a big win I think of school like Mizzou, and Tech. It looks dumb on TV and not that classy

I don't think it has a "classless" feel to it. It happens so much in basketball that I think the nation is pretty used to it. I don't get the impression there is a big anti-rush-the-field/court crowd out there.

My only issue with it is the danger factor. Someday someone is going to get seriously hurt, or some "fan" is going to do something serious to a player or vise versa. That's my concern.

The best tradition Alabama can boast is that they've never torn down the goalposts after a victory. It would be nice for us to never get too excited about a win again.

Speak for yourself. <_<

I think it would be appropriate if we beat Oklahoma! Is it football season yet?? I am getting pumped by the very thought of Oklahoma in Lincoln in early November! :w00t:w00t

I can see Husker Fans being a bit smarter rushing the field than other schools.

As a whole our fan base is very good. The problem is that there are those people in every fan base who do stupid things.

96% of our players are good students, good citizens, good players and make good decisions. But we have a bad reputation to this day because a tiny percentage of our players did some pretty bad/stupid things.

I can see Husker Fans being a bit smarter rushing the field than other schools.

As a whole our fan base is very good. The problem is that there are those people in every fan base who do stupid things.

96% of our players are good students, good citizens, good players and make good decisions. But we have a bad reputation to this day because a tiny percentage of our players did some pretty bad/stupid things.

Point Taken <_<