Wow, someone doesn't like Christian Peter

Stallworth driving drunk was the guy who was killed's fault? Vick killed some dogs. He spends nearly 2 years in prison. Stallworth is drunk and kills a person, yet he gets probation. I know PETA is a strong organization, but come on. A wise old man once told me that people would let their own children starve to death just so they could afford dog food and cat food for their pets. It doesn't appear that he was too far off!

Stallworth was in Florida. They have a causation law. Him being drunk did not cause the accident. The individual jaywalking in the early morning hours was the cause of the accident. Had he crossed where he was supposed to he most likely would not have been hit. Stallworths reaction to what he did and immediate actions after the accident helped his situation. He showed immediate remorse, total terror and extreme grief. His outpouring to he family was not required, but done by him because of his feelings of guilt. All things that were taken into account. Either way an accident. Lack of judgement.

Not taking his side by any means, you know how I feel about drunk drivers.

It could have happened to most likely 90% on this board is my guess. Most have drank and driven. At the wrong place at the wrong time, but because of Florida laws Stalworth did get off easier than he would have in other states.

Mike Vick made his decessions to do the deed. He killed animals, fought animals for profit and numerous other things. Knowing full well he was in the wrong and did it anyway. A intentonial crimminal act.

Just information on the incident.

Answer me this then. How is what Vick did any different than dog racing? Underperforming greyhounds are killed, and in many cases not real humanely. They are raced for profit. Yet, this is totally legal. See where I'm going? I could care less what Florida's laws are with regards to Stallworth. I'm pointing out the injustices of the justice system. The laws are screwed up.

As terrible as Peter's actions may have been, at least the NCAA didnt step in and erase our wins and championships!!

I also wonder how much of a target the players have on their backs... I just dont get why so many people in Lincoln would throw a player under the bus. I suppose its jealousy or despise given the status players get in Nebraska. These kids are going to school and paying their way using their talents to make it happen.

I am in no way defending rapists... I think they should be castrated. But I hope players now are smart and have learned to not put themselves in situations that that Peter brothers found themselves in. :wtf

As long as college football players continue to be 18-23 year olds, they will continue to put themselves in those situations.

Maybe there should be a class about the Huskers who have fallen so those who do not know the history will not be condemned to relive it!?

As long as college football players continue to be 18-23 year olds, they will continue to put themselves in those situations.

Maybe there should be a class about the Huskers who have fallen so those who do not know the history will not be condemned to relive it!?

I take it you're not yet 18-23?

I take it you're not yet 18-23?

Take it anyway you want... kids these days are maturing faster than kids from the 90s, its just a trend of the times and age we live in.

All I am saying is Learn from the past or be condemned to repeat it.

From 18-23 I was out of my mind, but I wasnt a Husker football player... so nobody cared. Only after I made the mistakes did I realize how stupid I was behaving. Had I a coach like Bo, TO or even Solich to keep me in line, I think I would have made better decisions... especially if I knew about the traps some fools had already fallen in.

Take it anyway you want... kids these days are maturing faster than kids from the 90s, its just a trend of the times and age we live in.

All I am saying is Learn from the past or be condemned to repeat it.

From 18-23 I was out of my mind, but I wasnt a Husker football player... so nobody cared. Only after I made the mistakes did I realize how stupid I was behaving. Had I a coach like Bo, TO or even Solich to keep me in line, I think I would have made better decisions... especially if I knew about the traps some fools had already fallen in.

We all already know right from wrong, in at least some form. Unless we're raised by wolves it's pretty hard to get to be 18 years old and have no idea what to do and what not to do. Christian knew what he was doing was wrong, as did Lawrence Phillips and Tim Marlowe and Niles Paul. Guys on the team have team psychologists and coaches and tutors and other support structures already in place, plus they probably have parents or some form of family, access to clergy if they're into that kind of thing, whatever. They already know this stuff.

These things aren't happening due to a dearth of education. They're happening because of the natural tendency to push boundaries that pretty much everyone has, you and I included. It just so happens that 1) guys like Christian and LP and Marlowe and Paul pushed too far and got caught legally, and 2) the public knows because they're celebrities of a sort.

Your suggestion is a good one, but not likely to change the future police blotter with Husker Player X's name on it.