NU vs. Iowa

Jesus, when was the last time Iowa won a NC?

Ah, living in the past. Glory days. How they pass us by.

Don't know what that has to do with 2010 and beyond.

BTW- Some of the nu players from the last NC team are approaching 40.

dedhoarse

I have a question and the answer.

when was the last time NU finished in the top ten nationally three years in a row?

Last time neb did it...

Neb:

Year record rank

2001 11-2 #7

2000 10-2 #7

1999 12-1 #2

last time Iowa did it...

Iowa:

Year Ranking Record

2002 8 11–2

2003 8 10–3

2004 8 10–2

Maybe you can see why IOWA has no fear of playing Nu lately.

Still doesn't. ;)

A yearly matchup would be great.

dedhoarse

when was the last time NU finished in the top ten nationally three years in a row?

Last time neb did it...

Neb:

Year record rank

2001 11-2 #7

2000 10-2 #7

1999 12-1 #2

last time Iowa did it...

Iowa:

Year Ranking Record

2002 8 11–2

2003 8 10–3

2004 8 10–2

Still doesn't. ;)

Sir, I strongly disagree. I mentioned previously that a home at home, every 5 or 6 years, would be plenty good. Why are we trying to create another "rivalry" when we essentially have 2 (3 if you want to count Mizzou) and one of those "rivalries" wasn't even created by us so much as the Big XII

Why Iowa?

Isn't it enough we already have to play ISU every year?

(I'd forgotten there was another team in that state other than Northern Iowa).

Do we even recruit the area?

Now playing Arizona State would be huge!

There's still a large Husker fan base out here..Probably just behind ASU, tOSU, USC, and maybe ahead of U of A(rizona).

I agree completely...which is why I'm not in favor of an every year game against Iowa. Playing home-away matchups with teams from California, New England area, Florida, Arizona etc will do much more for our recruiting.

Where do you watch the games at Husker 37?

It's quite a drive from Chandler, but Max's Sports Grill in Glendale is pretty cool. I went there last year to watch the Western Michigan game and I saw a group of teachers/coaches from Apollo High School cheering on Prince Amakumara (I'm sure I butchered the spelling, sorry!).

Oh, and by the way...no way do the OSU or USC fans have us outnumbered in AZ. :)

I usually watch them at home or at my Brother's place...I feel like a dork wearing headphones inside a bar and then telling the guy next to me what happened all the time.

I've been to three or four different "Husker Bars" out here..and two "Buckeye Bars"..But I'm never driving home from a bar with more than a beer in me again.

When I first moved out here..you couldn't go for more than a day or two without seeing someone from Nebraska out here..You'd see their lisence plates or they'd see your T-shirt...and you'd ask about each other's hometowns until you found somebody each of you knew or had in common.

Now it's Buckeye fans..Probably 'cause they've been to 4 of the last 5 Fiesta Bowls..They see how wonderfull 75f feels in January and never leave.

My Ex..and her 2nd ex both live out here and both went to tOSU..Her Mom moved out here..and his parents come out here twice a year sporting their OSU duds..(they work there)..Every time I park my car(no matter if it's the grocery store..Bars..Target..Especially all-you-can-eat joints, I'll see at least two cars with Buckeye crap on them in the parking lot..

Most of ASU fans only care about beating UA and are mainly bandwagon fans that follow USC when they're winning..Plus I used to have a mean boss that was a USC grad...But you're right..we probably still outnumber them...It just seems that most Husker fans out here are getting a little long in the tooth or are too busy taking their kids to Soccer on Saturdays..

dedhoarse

Last time neb did it...

Neb:

Year record rank

2001 11-2 #7

2000 10-2 #7

1999 12-1 #2

last time Iowa did it...

Iowa:

Year Ranking Record

2002 8 11–2

2003 8 10–3

2004 8 10–2

Still doesn't. ;)

weak scheduling is the main reason Iowa ended up ranked that high. they are generally over-ranked in a weak conference. They probly don't really "fear" a yearly matchup with a team like NU, but why on earth would you bother playing good opponents when you can play crap and still end up ranked?

2002 nonconference Akron, Miami OH, ISU, Utah State.

2003: Miami OH, Buffalo, ISU, Arizona State (don't remember if ASU was up or down at that time- unranked)

2004: Kent State, ISU, Arizona State.

I have to think though, that the main reason Iowa would be against doing a yearly game with NU is bc they already have a yearly game with ISU, and that locks up two nonconference slots. Having ISU as a recurring "rivalry" game isn't very good for Iowa though. One of those games where its ISU's whole season but Iowa is expected to demolish. All of that said, I kind of like Iowa, of the Big Ten they are probably the one I would just as rather see succeed. And really, I should note that they had notable wins over decent teams in those years- I think they beat LSU in 04 (I don't want to tab back to see which year).

Where do I find a list of every Husker opponent ever, and our record against them? Anyone know? I've found a PDF at huskers.com that has results for every year, but I'm looking for a simple list.

is THIS what you wan't?

Yes it is. Thanks, Oz! :thumbs

If you want a place that has every team there is this http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/

It is also a little neater and easier to read than the huskerpedia site IMO

I like this one: http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Nebraska.htm

Because it has a long list with links to the opponent so you can see how good (or, in Iowa's case, terrible) they were.

BTW if Iowa wanted to setup a rivalry matchup they lose every year, why not just schedule Western Michigan? I know, too busy scheduling Maine.