NU vs. Iowa

Where do I find a list of every Husker opponent ever, and our record against them? Anyone know? I've found a PDF at huskers.com that has results for every year, but I'm looking for a simple list.

is THIS what you wan't?

Yes it is. Thanks, Oz! :thumbs

If you want a place that has every team there is this http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/

It is also a little neater and easier to read than the huskerpedia site IMO

Why Iowa?

Isn't it enough we already have to play ISU every year?

(I'd forgotten there was another team in that state other than Northern Iowa).

Do we even recruit the area?

Now playing Arizona State would be huge!

There's still a large Husker fan base out here..Probably just behind ASU, tOSU, USC, and maybe ahead of U of A(rizona).

There's usually 3 or 4 dozen div.1 recruits here in the valley every year (we got 5 of them a couple years ago..and who can forget Mike Brown?..Kenny Cheatham??).

When I first moved out here...You couldn't go a whole day without seeing someone with a Husker shirt, a husker flavored personalized license plate, or even a Nebraska plate on their car...We're being replaced by Buckeye fans now that they're playing the Fiesta Bowl, Visiting, and moving out here...We need to reclaim our place out here!

It'd also be nice to get the locals to shut up about that "Nineteen ta Nuthin'" game last time we played..and they replay every friggen year on the anniversary...Plus a chance to get some revenge against Dennis Erickson. <_<

Sun Devil Stadium is around 20 miles from my house and I could pick all you guys up at the airport.

Sun Devil Stadium is around 20 miles from my house and I could pick all you guys up at the airport.

all of us?

ASU would be a solid OOC game and it could expand our recruiting base. I've been to Tempe more than a few times and its unmistakenly a great college town. But other than the locals breaking out their Jake the Snake jerseys, I don't think it could turn into a great rivalry like a potential NU v Iowa series. Could be wrong, I mean we did have UCLA as sorta of a rivalry back in the 80s.

How about a Nebraska-Arkansas game? Arkansas is the closest SEC school to Nebraska and has a very nice facility.

Like the Huskers, the Hogs are the only team in their state that gets any fan support.

I like this idea FAR more than the Iowa idea.

If you want a place that has every team there is this http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/

It is also a little neater and easier to read than the huskerpedia site IMO

Wonderful! Thank you very much!

I would love for us to play Iowa every year because I get sick and f-ing tired of listening to Iowa fans over and over again about how good they are. Everytime they start to run their mouths I ask them how many NC trophies they have? How many Heisman's do you have? Oh, that's right, it's so abnormal to win a Heisman in Iowa that you get a f-ing stadium named after you when it happens..............."Kinnick Stadium." Grow up around them and they will wear on you pretty damn fast. :wacko:

I think the resurrection of the walk-on program will get us back to consistantly winning 80-85% of our games..But it's going to be critical to improve our national recruiting base to get us "back" to the 90-95% range..

One of my Fav. in-laws grew up around Dez-moinez, but I still think you only get wrestlers there. (He wrestled out here for ASU..although I'm not positive he isn't really Kurt Warner).

We need to play the three (four?) big Fla schools, the California schools, or the 2 Arizone schools to start tapping these bluechip factories..Many of these kids want to go far from home, but still would like their friends and family to be able to go to at least ONE game (Home-and-Away)..We're already doing that with some of the Texass schools.

The Iowas and Wisconsins won't bennefit us that much...Probably wouldn't even shut up the 30 or so fans of those schools.

Although if we can trick tOSU or Mechicken into playing us... :box

I'd say we should go fer it...Turn the Horseshoe RED...wait.

I was thinking about this from a different perspective because i live in iowa and would love to go see an iowa nebraska game. But if your thinking about a recruting aspect then yea why not get some bigger name schools from more proment schools. Get other big 10 schools involved like illinoise or wisconson. Make them see there is other things then the big10. I would like to see an iowa vs nebraska game every once in a while but it makes more recruting sence for us to branch out of our norm.

I was thinking about this from a different perspective because i live in iowa and would love to go see an iowa nebraska game. But if your thinking about a recruting aspect then yea why not get some bigger name schools from more proment schools. Get other big 10 schools involved like illinoise or wisconson. Make them see there is other things then the big10. I would like to see an iowa vs nebraska game every once in a while but it makes more recruting sence for us to branch out of our norm.

From a recruiting angle, Big 10 prospects are solid, but we need to go after SEC or PAC-10 kids. If we could steal a few of those away, that would be a plus

Why Iowa?

Isn't it enough we already have to play ISU every year?

(I'd forgotten there was another team in that state other than Northern Iowa).

Do we even recruit the area?

Now playing Arizona State would be huge!

There's still a large Husker fan base out here..Probably just behind ASU, tOSU, USC, and maybe ahead of U of A(rizona).

I agree completely...which is why I'm not in favor of an every year game against Iowa. Playing home-away matchups with teams from California, New England area, Florida, Arizona etc will do much more for our recruiting.

Where do you watch the games at Husker 37?

It's quite a drive from Chandler, but Max's Sports Grill in Glendale is pretty cool. I went there last year to watch the Western Michigan game and I saw a group of teachers/coaches from Apollo High School cheering on Prince Amakumara (I'm sure I butchered the spelling, sorry!).

Oh, and by the way...no way do the OSU or USC fans have us outnumbered in AZ. :)

Completely against the idea.

#1 they are usually not on our level historically speaking but they do have enough talent, expecially in a rivalry setting to catch us off guard early in the season every so often. So if we win we are supposed to, when we lose it's a big upset. We already have enough of those games.

#2 there is NO advantage for it at all. We don't need to be right next to an opponent to travel well to their house and we definitively don't need them to travel here to sell tickets.. and There's no recruiting value in it at all. We already cover Iowa by playing ISU and our OOC schedules can get much more value elsewhere.