Husker 09 game odds.. Kansas -2.5?

Here are the odds from the G Nugg for the 09 Skers season. thoughts? I assume the early (i stress early) Kansas number will draw a reaction. Football pleas come soon :ahhhhhhhh

G Nugg 09 Husker lines

2.5 dogs to Mangino’s Jayhogs? Well, I guess we haven’t done too well our last couple of trips down to Lawrence. Still, by the time mid November rolls around we might be favored to win.

Essentially they're giving KU the edge because of home field, saying that we're evenly matched otherwise. I see no reason why we shouldn't be underdogs in that game. We're cutting in new QB and WRs, while they bring back the majority of their skill positions on offense.

Like nuance said - this could very easily change by the time mid November rolls around. Right now, it's nothing to get excited about.

The only number that wont change week to week is the over under on wins for the season, which Vegas has NU at 8 wins.

That's the "safe" number to expect.

Personally I think Nebraska can go undefeated. Heck the Huskers almost won 10 games last year.

True, but we almost lost 6 games as well. Regardless though, I would still take the over bet for this year.

Love Nebraska as a pick 'em against Missouri. This is a must-win for Nebraska if it's to make a step up this season. Don't think Missouri is all that good.

Because the sky will fall if Missouri wins? This makes no sense. If we lose to Missouri the rebuilding continues.

Here are the odds from the G Nugg for the 09 Skers season. thoughts? I assume the early (i stress early) Kansas number will draw a reaction. Football pleas come soon :ahhhhhhhh

G Nugg 09 Husker lines

i believe the home team is given 2.5, so it's a wash. Which as of now, i have to agree.

+1

I've always understood that home field is worth 7 points.

And now a dancing banana cob:

:corndance

G Nugg 09 Husker lines

i believe the home team is given 2.5, so it's a wash. Which as of now, i have to agree.

+1

I've always understood that home field is worth 7 points.

And now a dancing banana cob:

:corndance

you are correct. 6-7 points for college. it's 2-3 for the NFL. sorry for the wrong info. Vegas is saying they have no idea right now which team is better but are giving the home team the 2.5 nod just because it's in Lawrence. I'm guessing if it where in Lincoln, the line would be 6-7 right now.

you are correct. 6-7 points for college. it's 2-3 for the NFL. sorry for the wrong info. Vegas is saying they have no idea right now which team is better but are giving the home team the 2.5 nod just because it's in Lawrence. I'm guessing if it where in Lincoln, the line would be 6-7 right now.

Agreed, except if the game was in Lincoln I'd bet they'd give the Huskers that 2.5, not 6-7.

Until proven otherwise, to me these teams have nearly identical positives/negatives. It'll sort itself out during the season, and we should have a decent idea what's going to happen the week of the game.