Nebraska Crazy Pick for North??

I'd say picking the tops in the North is a wildcard at best at this point in time. KU has the top rated QB, and he has experience. Mizzou and Nebraska do not have this luxury. We both will be breaking in new QB's that quite frankly have little to no experience. The nod probably has to go to Nebraska as Lee at least has JuCo experience. CU has 2 QB's with experience. Their OL was crushed last year with injuries. It would be hard to argue against any of the 4. Nebraska should have the best D of the 4. Whoever of the 4 plays the best on the road will probably win the North.

I hate it that i'm defending colorado, but yea sure MU beat them 58-0, well MU beat us 52-10....well 17 if you really count that last score. The game was done. Maybe Nebraska needs to get up for games like Colorado now, maybe we'll see another 62-36 if we don't.

Like have said before, Colorado does get KU, MU and NU all at home....I think thats pretty favorable when those are the top 3 besides CU in the North. Its going to be a wild ride in the big12 again this year

I'll go ahead and say it - CU will finish 5-7 or 6-6. Everyone keeps talking about how good their running game will be, but ignoring how poor their defense looks. If it's true that football games are won in the trenches, then CU is in real trouble. Their OL has some experience, but there are only a couple players that I thought were good. And their DL is likely to be bad. The switch to a 3-4 scheme might help them, but it's more likely to hurt since they will be learning a new scheme and they don't have a true NT for the 3-4. IMO, Hawkins will be a lame-duck coach by the time they play us.

I'll go ahead and say it - CU will finish 5-7 or 6-6. Everyone keeps talking about how good their running game will be, but ignoring how poor their defense looks. If it's true that football games are won in the trenches, then CU is in real trouble. Their OL has some experience, but there are only a couple players that I thought were good. And their DL is likely to be bad. The switch to a 3-4 scheme might help them, but it's more likely to hurt since they will be learning a new scheme and they don't have a true NT for the 3-4. IMO, Hawkins will be a lame-duck coach by the time they play us.

+1 on the D-Line issues for CU. I just don't get the hype for them, that area is one of the most important on the team and they don't have the horses there. They especially don't have that plug you need at NT for the 3-4, I think that move may be disasterous for them.

Time will tell, but before we accept the North Division Trophy maybe we could beat a top 25 team. The Kool-Aid tastes good but I am afraid that some of you may OD on the stuff. We have been one of the most irrelevant CFB teams for the last six or seven seasons but still think we deserve the respect that USC, UT, or OU gets.

Win, and you can shut chumps like this guy up.

Time will tell, but before we accept the North Division Trophy maybe we could beat a top 25 team. The Kool-Aid tastes good but I am afraid that some of you may OD on the stuff. We have been one of the most irrelevant CFB teams for the last six or seven seasons but still think we deserve the respect that USC, UT, or OU gets.

Sadly I mostly agree with this. I'm not sure where the sense of entitlement comes from. I think a lot of us are sensible, but that kool-aid does flow pretty freely. I drink a lot of it myself (tasty stuff, you should try it :) ), because I'm finally thinking our future is pretty bright, but there's such a long way to go yet.

However I will disagree that we have been one of the most irrelevant teams. Plenty of people still have some leftover venom. But, had we continued with what we had going the past 6-7 years, you'd be right eventually. We'd be relegated to Syracuse type status by some point.

wow, let me assure you people that I'm a freakin Husker fan, I'm just not a huge red kool aid / sunshine pumper like the rest of Nebraska computer chair quarterbacks. I consider myself to be a realist. I will admit I wasn't really focusing on CU's defensive side of the ball. However with the given schedule I just don't see how they can't be AT LEAST 8-3 coming in to the game vs Nebraska. Either way, this isn't the first time i've been called a "chump", "troll" or whatever, i'm not here to say things just to erk you. I'm saying things that are interesting for discussion. Take off the red sunglasses and actually look at other teams progress rather than just basing you're decisions on how well Nebraska recruits.

anyway it is, in fact, sad that Nebraska hasn't beaten a top 19 team since 2001, NU has been one of, if not thee most irrelevant major program in the decade.

wow, let me assure you people that I'm a freakin Husker fan, I'm just not a huge red kool aid / sunshine pumper like the rest of Nebraska computer chair quarterbacks. I consider myself to be a realist. I will admit I wasn't really focusing on CU's defensive side of the ball. However with the given schedule I just don't see how they can't be AT LEAST 8-3 coming in to the game vs Nebraska. Either way, this isn't the first time i've been called a "chump", "troll" or whatever, i'm not here to say things just to erk you. I'm saying things that are interesting for discussion. Take off the red sunglasses and actually look at other teams progress rather than just basing you're decisions on how well Nebraska recruits.

anyway it is, in fact, sad that Nebraska hasn't beaten a top 19 team since 2001, NU has been one of, if not thee most irrelevant major program in the decade.

Streeter I am pretty sure MCAT meant the author of the crack pot writer of the blog article not you.

"We are a lot faster this year," Watson said. "That freshman class that we took and redshirted is really fast. That is a fast class. We also made some key moves by taking Marcus Mendoza and putting him at receiver. That made us faster at receiver. Antonio Bell is another kid that joined us at mid semester and those two kids are the fastest on our team. This is the fastest team we've had since I've been here."--Wats

He knows nothing about NU football..