Nebraska Crazy Pick for North??

I found the RB comment particularly funny. I think Derrick Washington is a very good back, but to say that Helu isn't as good as him is crazy. Helu had a YPC average a half a yard better than Washington, 6.4 vs. 5.9 ypc. I wouldn't put Castille in the same category, but he is a very good back in his own right and NU clearly has the best RB stable in North.

Perhaps Mike De'Armond should leave the professional comments of Big 12 Football to professional, he clearly doesnt know what he is talking about. Its times like this i hope NU wins the Big 12 North, so i can personally slap that article back into his face saying STFU you drunk! :)

Here, really, is the main thing that leads me to believe Nebraska will not win the Big 12 North and could finish behind either Kansas or Missouri.

The schedule.

Kansas plays arguably the top two teams in the Big 12: hosting Oklahoma and playing at Texas.

The guy's logic is a bit, er, difficult to follow.

I found the RB comment particularly funny. I think Derrick Washington is a very good back, but to say that Helu isn't as good as him is crazy. Helu had a YPC average a half a yard better than Washington, 6.4 vs. 5.9 ypc. I wouldn't put Castille in the same category, but he is a very good back in his own right and NU clearly has the best RB stable in North.

I agree with that statement 100 percent, in the preseason. I think that by seasons end you'll see that CU has a plethra of good young backs, that could end up being the reason why I think they'll finish #2 and god forbid maybe #1 in the North. I also think that Colorado's schedule helps them out BIGTIME! They get Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska at home. Granted they play Okie State and Texas away, but as much as I hate the Buffaloes, they very well could be riding a 9-2 record going into that game with Nebraska, even though I have them beating Texas, and its only a hunch because Texas always seems to beat OU and then screw everything up by losing later and I felt the only place it could be was vs Colorado. So as long as Hawkins doesn't start his kid at QB they should be, as much as i don't wanna say it, rather good.

I agree with that statement 100 percent, in the preseason. I think that by seasons end you'll see that CU has a plethra of good young backs, that could end up being the reason why I think they'll finish #2 and god forbid maybe #1 in the North. I also think that Colorado's schedule helps them out BIGTIME! They get Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska at home. Granted they play Okie State and Texas away, but as much as I hate the Buffaloes, they very well could be riding a 9-2 record going into that game with Nebraska, even though I have them beating Texas, and its only a hunch because Texas always seems to beat OU and then screw everything up by losing later and I felt the only place it could be was vs Colorado. So as long as Hawkins doesn't start his kid at QB they should be, as much as i don't wanna say it, rather good.

The Buffs will be lucky if they are 6-6 by the end of the season...

I'm not saying Colorado will or will not, I have my own opinion, but i mean nebraska could finsih 6-6 too. Thats why they play the games. I mean we could end up being like Georgia and have a load of injuries once fall camp opens (knock on wood)

Well, you're entitled to your opinion; I just don't agree with it.

I'm not saying Colorado will or will not, I have my own opinion, but i mean nebraska could finsih 6-6 too. Thats why they play the games. I mean we could end up being like Georgia and have a load of injuries once fall camp opens (knock on wood)

Well, you're entitled to your opinion; I just don't agree with it.

+1, strong running game or not I have yet to see any reason to believe CU can pass effectively. CU's offense isn't like NU of old where TO used a mix of power runs and option/edge runs to create diversity and balance in the offense. CU needs some passing game to keep teams from stacking the box on them. I am not sure they can do this effectively. Not to mention their D-Line is highly suspect this year and they are switching to a 3-4 without seemingly having that plug you need at NT to make the 3-4 work. I am not sold on CU at all.

Here, really, is the main thing that leads me to believe Nebraska will not win the Big 12 North and could finish behind either Kansas or Missouri.

The schedule.

Kansas plays arguably the top two teams in the Big 12: hosting Oklahoma and playing at Texas.

The guy's logic is a bit, er, difficult to follow.

I was wondering the same thing myself. What about a team playing a harder schedule, leads him to believe that they'll have a better record then a team with an easier schedule? <_<

Remember last year when we all said we were going to demolish Colorado?

Colorado could very well beat us this year and a lot of other teams. I know most of you guys just want to rip on them but they've played us close or won the past few years.

Remember last year when we all said we were going to demolish Colorado?

Colorado could very well beat us this year and a lot of other teams. I know most of you guys just want to rip on them but they've played us close or won the past few years.

Playing NU close most years doesn't mean that CU is a good pick for the North. They did lose to MU 58-0 or something like that and did have a losing record. Some teams just play well or get up for certain teams, doesn't make them very good overall. KSU seemed to have UT's number for a couple of years, didn't make KSU any more of a contender those 2 years did it?