Urine bombs from CU fans.

Oh it be true, I seen it with my own peepers as did my wife. Granted this does not in any way reflect on the fan base as a whole. What it does do is tarnish a widely held perception on NU fans. I'm quite sure that Nebraska and Colorado residents aren't the only ones that use Interstate 80. Be rest assured though that any "Adults" who viewed that sign that have any semblance of common sense know full well that it was probably just a bunch of A-holes or juvenile delinquents that put that sign up.

Got a link to a news article about the "incident?"

And why does this one incident tarnish all Husker fans? Are we all supposed to be good little boys and girls who never utter a cross word? We don't make mistakes? We're not human?

Do the actions of a very tiny percentage of people, who do things the vast majority think are horrible, provide a true representation of Husker fans?

If so, does that mean that we're a bunch of murderers? Robbers? Rapists? Because I can guarantee you I can go down to 14th & Highway 2 and find a bunch of Husker fans in the state prison.

Who best represents Husker fans? The majority or the minority?

Link?? Why would I make something like that up? As I stated before, adults with common sense know that the minority does not constitute the actions of the majority.

National pundits already laud the Husker fan base as being respectful and courteous as well as very well versed and knowledgeable about CFB. Anyone with an average IQ knows that the actions or words of a minority does not inflect on the mindset of the majority.

I think that associating rapists and murderers to a particular fan base as an example is painting with HUGE brush strokes. In a modern society the dregs of said society do not represent the majority. When making comparisons and enfolding such wide parameters of thinking I believe that you muddy the waters considerably.

Anywho, I agree with some of your thinking, but lets not get goofy here. :dumdum

Sorry, Double post :nanalama

Link?? Why would I make something like that up? As I stated before, adults with common sense know that the minority does not constitute the actions of the majority.

National pundits already laud the Husker fan base as being respectful and courteous as well as very well versed and knowledgeable about CFB. Anyone with an average IQ knows that the actions or words of a minority does not inflect on the mindset of the majority.

I think that associating rapists and murderers to a particular fan base as an example is painting with HUGE brush strokes. In a modern society the dregs of said society do not represent the majority. When making comparisons and enfolding such wide parameters of thinking I believe that you muddy the waters considerably.

Anywho, I agree with some of your thinking, but lets not get goofy here. :dumdum

Listen, I'm not trying to cast aspersions on you. I'm willing to believe you on a personal level, but I work in employment law where we take nothing on someone's word. That's what evidence is for. You and I both know people make things up, and while you and I would probably enjoy sitting down to a beer and our favorite Husker stories, I don't know you at this point. I could tell you I'm the Pope and you couldn't prove otherwise.

And yes, I agree that using murderers and rapists is a HUGE stretch. It's an analogy, and no analogies are 1:1. I'm exaggerating to try and prove the point to junior, who seems to be having trouble dissociating the actions of one with the actions of all.

I wish our Colorado brotheren could experience what being a Nebraska fan is like.......I know they would hate themselves as much as we do!

I tried once, I was really drunk and saw a sheep in the field and since I was feeling a little amorous I tried to get it on with the sheep but it was to no avail, so how do you get the sheep to cooperate? :)

After reading this thread, I've figured something out.

I'm going to preface this so too many people go bonkers about comparing franchises and so on, this is simply a metaphor, I say again, simply a metaphor.

The Husker/OU rivalry is like the Yankee's & Red Sox. Both have an immense dislike for each other, both are storied franchises, and both have had their share of great players.

The Buffs are like the NY Mets. They think that they're the Yankee's rivals when they're really not. They're the "red headed step child" that is clamoring for attention. The Mets fan despises that Yankee's tradition.

Two things I want to point, most CU fans could care less if you think it is or is not a rivalry. All I know is that we love to stick a fork in you whenever possible. Second, your analogy is now flawed because you do not play OU every year and it is even possible for you to go 2 years without playing them so that rivalry is dead. Ask just about any OU fan out there and they will tell you that it is all about Texas, sure they get nostalgic when they play you but that was 20+ years ago.........

...most CU fans could care less if you think it is or is not a rivalry....

Those must be the CU fans who don't go online and post on message boards. The few times I've been on any CU message boards, nearly half the conversation was about Nebraska or its fans. That's both during the season, when you're not playing Nebraska next (or just after), and in the off season. So perhaps you're right, but if so, the vocal minority drowns out the majority.

Second, your analogy is now flawed because you do not play OU every year and it is even possible for you to go 2 years without playing them so that rivalry is dead. Ask just about any OU fan out there and they will tell you that it is all about Texas, sure they get nostalgic when they play you but that was 20+ years ago.........

This I agree with. It's too bad the Big XII killed this rivalry. It's not even a shadow of what it once was. The only way to revive it is to have the Sooners and Huskers win their divisions and meet in the Championship game every year. Then it will be just like old times, when the game was for the conference championship pretty much every year.

Listen, I'm not trying to cast aspersions on you. I'm willing to believe you on a personal level, but I work in employment law where we take nothing on someone's word. That's what evidence is for. You and I both know people make things up, and while you and I would probably enjoy sitting down to a beer and our favorite Husker stories, I don't know you at this point. I could tell you I'm the Pope and you couldn't prove otherwise.

No you're not - you type not in Latin!

Quid Erat Demonstratum

I do, ergo, I am!

Then kindly explain why people across the country, media and other fans, continually express that Nebraska fans are different than others they encounter across the country. Explain why Lee Corso (who is otherwise a buffoon, granted) acknowledges that we are different. Kindly explain why you never hear other fan bases across the country talked about the same way you hear ours discussed.

The Sal is Dead sign and the urine bombs ARE alleged. I work in a world of legal evidence. Such anecdotal allegations are baseless unless proven. You, however, revel in the fact that these things did happen, and you continually bring up such "issues" as fact. They are not fact because you allege them. I'm willing to not call you or other people liars to their face, which is why I've hedged by saying "alleged," but the bottom line is, prove it or it didn't happen.

Further, even if both incidents did happen, they are by necessity done by a VAST MINORITY of fans. The Sal is Dead sign, if true, was done by one guy. Maybe one carload of guys. Five people do not negate the literally millions of fans who abhor that kind of behavior. But to you they do.

Missouri's state penitentiary has a Death Row full of murderers and rapists. Some of those folks are Missouri Tigers fans. By your logic, Missouri Tigers fans are murderers and rapists. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Nobody is denying that we're a normal fan base. What I'm sick of is seeing people like you who claim to be Husker Fans continually bringing up the fact that we have issues, as if without you we'd have no idea that we've had some pretty unsavory guys on our team or some pretty unsavory fans in our stadium. Here's a clue for you - WE ALL KNOW THAT.

You go find a forum for any team in the nation where their fans continually talk about the arrests of their players, or the boorishness of their fans, and then you can come back and deride us for supporting our team the way we do. When you can't find anything remotely like that, maybe you'll learn that the kind of acknowledgment you seem to be looking for is ridiculous.

Alleged? Were charges filed? Wouldn't there have to be charges filed in order for eye witnesses which have come forth in these posts to provide a police statement? It happened. There are eye witnesses, get over it. Nebraska has more than its fair share of "bad" fans just like every other team out there.

We are looked at differently in terms of fan bases for the reasons I already pointed out. The sellout streak is case in point. It's all we have as a state, and I'm sure we'll sell out games throughout and beyond my lifetime. Nearly everyone in the state is a fan which is very unique because it's the only D1 program in the state. There are no pro teams. Everyone focuses mainly on NU football. This is quite unique. Even 80 year old grandma's know about the players and etc. which is unique. Nebraska football has the entire state's focus. Yes, this is very unique. This is why they speak of us as being different.

...most CU fans could care less if you think it is or is not a rivalry....

Those must be the CU fans who don't go online and post on message boards. The few times I've been on any CU message boards, nearly half the conversation was about Nebraska or its fans. That's both during the season, when you're not playing Nebraska next (or just after), and in the off season. So perhaps you're right, but if so, the vocal minority drowns out the majority.

Second, your analogy is now flawed because you do not play OU every year and it is even possible for you to go 2 years without playing them so that rivalry is dead. Ask just about any OU fan out there and they will tell you that it is all about Texas, sure they get nostalgic when they play you but that was 20+ years ago.........

This I agree with. It's too bad the Big XII killed this rivalry. It's not even a shadow of what it once was. The only way to revive it is to have the Sooners and Huskers win their divisions and meet in the Championship game every year. Then it will be just like old times, when the game was for the conference championship pretty much every year.

I guess you misunderstood me, for me, my rival is Nebraska, nothing I love better than for my Buffs to whip your asses, but I do not need you to validate it for me. That was the point I was making. In fact for me it becomes even more fun to listen to 51 weeks a year of you guys arguing among yourselves as to whether or not it is a rivalry only to see more "Hate Buff" thread pop up the week before Thanksgiving then any other team over the course of a season, but hey, there is no rivalry....lol

Alleged? Were charges filed? Wouldn't there have to be charges filed in order for eye witnesses which have come forth in these posts to provide a police statement? It happened. There are eye witnesses, get over it. Nebraska has more than its fair share of "bad" fans just like every other team out there.

Who ever said anything about a police report? How about a news article about it? How about a photo to go along with it? How about an admission by a Nebraska fan that they did it?

Because here's where your Husker fan bashing runs into trouble - knowing what we know about Colorado's fans, it's entirely possible that one of them did it to cast Husker fans in a bad light. Preposterous, sure, and highly unlikely, but it's just as possible as your "Husker fans are bad people" nonsense.

We are looked at differently in terms of fan bases for the reasons I already pointed out. The sellout streak is case in point. It's all we have as a state, and I'm sure we'll sell out games throughout and beyond my lifetime. Nearly everyone in the state is a fan which is very unique because it's the only D1 program in the state. There are no pro teams. Everyone focuses mainly on NU football. This is quite unique. Even 80 year old grandma's know about the players and etc. which is unique. Nebraska football has the entire state's focus. Yes, this is very unique. This is why they speak of us as being different.

It's fun to pretend, isn't it? You just keep pretending that the ONLY reason people across the country see us different is because we're the only Div IA school in the state. Have fun with that.

Then kindly explain why people across the country, media and other fans, continually express that Nebraska fans are different than others they encounter across the country. Explain why Lee Corso (who is otherwise a buffoon, granted) acknowledges that we are different. Kindly explain why you never hear other fan bases across the country talked about the same way you hear ours discussed.

The Sal is Dead sign and the urine bombs ARE alleged. I work in a world of legal evidence. Such anecdotal allegations are baseless unless proven. You, however, revel in the fact that these things did happen, and you continually bring up such "issues" as fact. They are not fact because you allege them. I'm willing to not call you or other people liars to their face, which is why I've hedged by saying "alleged," but the bottom line is, prove it or it didn't happen.

Further, even if both incidents did happen, they are by necessity done by a VAST MINORITY of fans. The Sal is Dead sign, if true, was done by one guy. Maybe one carload of guys. Five people do not negate the literally millions of fans who abhor that kind of behavior. But to you they do.

Missouri's state penitentiary has a Death Row full of murderers and rapists. Some of those folks are Missouri Tigers fans. By your logic, Missouri Tigers fans are murderers and rapists. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Nobody is denying that we're a normal fan base. What I'm sick of is seeing people like you who claim to be Husker Fans continually bringing up the fact that we have issues, as if without you we'd have no idea that we've had some pretty unsavory guys on our team or some pretty unsavory fans in our stadium. Here's a clue for you - WE ALL KNOW THAT.

You go find a forum for any team in the nation where their fans continually talk about the arrests of their players, or the boorishness of their fans, and then you can come back and deride us for supporting our team the way we do. When you can't find anything remotely like that, maybe you'll learn that the kind of acknowledgment you seem to be looking for is ridiculous.

Good points, I live in Alabama and the fan base is very passionate but split between Alabama and Auburn, thank goodness for Auburn because without them I don't think I could live among Crimson Tide fans......

The urine bomb thing happened. I was there sitting in the student section. Yes, they were NU students doing it. I'm pretty sure I put forth more reasons than the only D1 school in the state. Wyoming only has 1 D1 football program, and they don't have the following. They have mountains, hunting, skiing, recreation, etc. We don't. It seems to me that you're the one pretending. You pretend none of the bad things ever happened. It must be fun living in your world. Unfortunately, it must be very lonely and very DARK!

I guess you misunderstood me, for me, my rival is Nebraska, nothing I love better than for my Buffs to whip your asses, but I do not need you to validate it for me. That was the point I was making. In fact for me it becomes even more fun to listen to 51 weeks a year of you guys arguing among yourselves as to whether or not it is a rivalry only to see more "Hate Buff" thread pop up the week before Thanksgiving then any other team over the course of a season, but hey, there is no rivalry....lol

You just contradicted yourself, you know that, right? First you say you don't need us to validate your rivalry, then you say you like it when we treat you different than any other team. Which is it?

Here's the thing - there's no such thing as a one-sided rivalry. It takes two to tango, so if only one team thinks it's a rivalry, it isn't. We call people who pursue another person this adamantly even though the object of their affection doesn't want the attention a "stalker."

The urine bomb thing happened. I was there sitting in the student section. Yes, they were NU students doing it. I'm pretty sure I put forth more reasons than the only D1 school in the state. Wyoming only has 1 D1 football program, and they don't have the following. They have mountains, hunting, skiing, recreation, etc. We don't. It seems to me that you're the one pretending. You pretend none of the bad things ever happened. It must be fun living in your world. Unfortunately, it must be very lonely and very DARK!

Yeah, just me and the other roughly one million fans who think like me. So lonely. :laughpound

You just contradicted yourself, you know that, right? First you say you don't need us to validate your rivalry, then you say you like it when we treat you different than any other team. Which is it?

Here's the thing - there's no such thing as a one-sided rivalry. It takes two to tango, so if only one team thinks it's a rivalry, it isn't. We call people who pursue another person this adamantly even though the object of their affection doesn't want the attention a "stalker."

I am not sure how you think I contradicted myself, you are my rival but I do not need you to say that I am yours for me to enjoy it further, but it is funny to read you all debate the issue among yourselves and the ones that deny it are the ones that probably come up with some of the funnier pics and comments the week of..............