Bye Bye Makovicka brothers

i think these guys just dance to the beat of a different drummer. nothing wrong with their decisions, just surprised they had not thought it through before joining the team. kids are different now, compared to way back when...but then look at the Steinkuhler tradition, it sure has been solid.

i think these guys just dance to the beat of a different drummer. nothing wrong with their decisions, just surprised they had not thought it through before joining the team. kids are different now, compared to way back when...but then look at the Steinkuhler tradition, it sure has been solid.

I think youre a little off here. I dont think it has anything to do with the kids now days compared to in the 90's. I do however think the teams are MUCH different in terms of the way they are ran and the level of character. Osborne's teams were always ran the right way, everyday, not only on gameday when the public sees them. Just look at how many Nebraska kids and/or walk-ons have left the team since Pelini took over. Something is odd.

Just look at how many Nebraska kids and/or walk-ons have left the team since Pelini took over. Something is odd.

Not odd at all. This happens just about everywhere when a new coach takes over. If anything is odd, it's that there have been fewer changes since Pelini took over than is the norm.

We lost a bunch of kids when Callahan took over for Solich, if you recall.

We lost a bunch of kids when Callahan took over for Solich, if you recall.

The only difference is that those kids left during the transition and before Callahan actually took over. So many of the kids now are leaving after a semester or year of playing for Pelini which makes me believe that they don't like the way things are being ran or dont like the coaches in general. I understand you loose a lot of kids during transition this just seems different. Plus, think about how many other kids that have left that dont make newspaper headlines like the Makovicka brothers. They're gone, you just never heard about it.

Look at the roster from the beginning of last season and compare it to the roster for this season. Very different, and not just because of graduation.

i think these guys just dance to the beat of a different drummer. nothing wrong with their decisions, just surprised they had not thought it through before joining the team. kids are different now, compared to way ba when...but then look at the Steinkuhler tradition, it sure has been solid.

I think youre a little off here. I dont think it has anything to do with the kids now days compared to in the 90's. I do however think the teams are MUCH different in terms of the way they are ran and the level of character. Osborne's teams were always ran the right way, everyday, not only on gameday when the public sees them. Just look at how many Nebraska kids and/or walk-ons have left the team since Pelini took over. Something is odd.

obviously you don't get it....... :hellloooo

i think these guys just dance to the beat of a different drummer. nothing wrong with their decisions, just surprised they had not thought it through before joining the team. kids are different now, compared to way ba when...but then look at the Steinkuhler tradition, it sure has been solid.

obviously you don't get it....... :hellloooo

Um. I don't see many leaving? Who exactly are you talking about? Besides these two there have been less than a handful of players that have left the program over the last year... in fact Culbert and Levorson are the only two I can think of. Both had issues that had more to do with themselves and their own work ethic than anything else.