What are our chances of winning at VA Tech?

VA Tech game  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted 30-40%. It would have been 20-30 if this was a prime time night game in Lane Stadium. These are the keys for Nebraska to beat an OVERRATED ACC team that won't be undefeated when we play them.

1) we have to own the turnover margin

2) our front four has to DOMINATE (Clemson?)

3) Zac Lee has to get into some sort of groove

4) don't let Beamer Ball beat us. No safetys or anything related to special teams.

rob is spot on, all of the above needs to happen. :yeah

I'm sure you all know how I voted... If there was a 40-50 range that would be my choice. Instead I went down to 30-40. I would be extremely disappointed in all of you if the great majority of Husker fans do not expect to beat us in Blacksburg. Myself, on the other hand... I have to be optimistic and believe that we will do what we do with most teams visiting Lane - make them look bad. Day game or night game, it will be one heck of a fight. Your O will have to run the ball on us as we typically don't give up too many plays down the field, especially when it gets loud around here. At the same time, if NU forces us to to throw the ball on every single down you are in a good position (unless your secondary plays like it did early on last year). It will probably be a close game like last year with both teams greatly improved. Sounds like your O is where ours was last year, but with your D being the class of the Big 12 at the moment. I would be extremely happy to get a win against you all, but I think this will go down to the wire. As for the day/night starting time.... This is a 3:30pm eastern time game. We lost one home game in 2006 and one in 2007. One was at 3:30 the other at 7:30. So, I don't think the starting time will affect the outcome of this one. Two classy teams - one will walk away with the victory and the other will still have one heck of a season :)

I'm sure you all know how I voted... If there was a 40-50 range that would be my choice. Instead I went down to 30-40. I would be extremely disappointed in all of you if the great majority of Husker fans do not expect to beat us in Blacksburg. Myself, on the other hand... I have to be optimistic and believe that we will do what we do with most teams visiting Lane - make them look bad. Day game or night game, it will be one heck of a fight. Your O will have to run the ball on us as we typically don't give up too many plays down the field, especially when it gets loud around here. At the same time, if NU forces us to to throw the ball on every single down you are in a good position (unless your secondary plays like it did early on last year). It will probably be a close game like last year with both teams greatly improved. Sounds like your O is where ours was last year, but with your D being the class of the Big 12 at the moment. I would be extremely happy to get a win against you all, but I think this will go down to the wire. As for the day/night starting time.... This is a 3:30pm eastern time game. We lost one home game in 2006 and one in 2007. One was at 3:30 the other at 7:30. So, I don't think the starting time will affect the outcome of this one. Two classy teams - one will walk away with the victory and the other will still have one heck of a season :)

Gotta love the Hokie fans.

Like many of you, wouldve went 50/50 if it was an option. I think this game hinges on two things. Our ability to deal with a mobile dangerous qb & If it comes down to making a play late in the game on O, is Z. Lee gonna come through? I think the kids got it in him. This will obviously be his first big test. GO BIG RED BABY!!!!!!!!!!

:nanalama

Virginia Tech is going to be better than us.

But one of these years we're going to have to beat a team that's better than us.

I'll take a V-Tech win and a loss to Baylor.

Well, I figured I would start the season off by tempering expectations! I voted for 0-10% because we will have to play flawless to win in Blacksburg on national TV. Va Tech will be highly motivated for this game one way or another, they will either be out to prove the nay sayers wrong after a loss to Bama or riding high with a win and looking for style points to get into NC race!

Tyrod is much, much improved...need I remind everyone they beat us in Lincoln and barely could complete a forward pass prior to that game.

I have all the faith in the world, but a new QB in a hostile, top 10 environment is never a formula for success! And our track record the last 8 or 9 years against ranked teams speaks for itself...sorry to rain on the parade...guess the Kool-Aid hasn't made it to my house....YET!!!

And in response to the above post...Va Tech win would be great, but a Baylor loss would set us back and keep us out of the BIG XII title game! Rather win the ones we are supposed to, coin flip the rest (including Big XII title game) and head to the Fiesta Bowl!!!

I voted 30-40%. It would have been 20-30 if this was a prime time night game in Lane Stadium. These are the keys for Nebraska to beat an OVERRATED ACC team that won't be undefeated when we play them.

1) we have to own the turnover margin

2) our front four has to DOMINATE (Clemson?)

3) Zac Lee has to get into some sort of groove

4) don't let Beamer Ball beat us. No safetys or anything related to special teams.

rob is spot on, all of the above needs to happen. :yeah

We MUST start improving our turnover margin if we want any chance against Virginia Tech and Oklahoma this year. We can maybe win the other games like we did last year's, but I think last year there was maybe just one or two opponents that we won the turnover battle against.

I also think another key is we must stop their big plays of 20+ yards. Those killed us last year and in the Missouri and Oklahoma game as well.

I said 50-60 because I see the game as a 50/50 chance. A lot will depend upon Lee's development prior to this game. I don't see a huge amount of points being scored in this game by either side. It will be a defensive showcase for both teams. I see the game coming down to a crucial turnover.

Totally agree here.

If we go in healthy and with a turnover ratio of about +5 or +6 total, we stand an even chance. On the O-line and defensively, we should be much improved over last year.

I put us at 30-40%, although I don't think anyone can accurately judge without seeing Lee in a game or two. We've already seen Taylor, so there are a lot more questions about how we are going to perform than how they are. If he plays ideally and with the tools he has to work with, I think it will be a close game and as has been said, will come down to a turnover or two.