tommie frazier at football 202

hack

“When I came back in for Brook, Warren Sapp kept saying, ‘Where you been, Tom? . . . where you been?’ I told him my name was Tommie. So the next time I came in, he said, ‘Where you been, Tommie? . . . where you been?’ Finally, I turned around, looked at him and said, ‘It’s not where I’ve been . . . it’s where I’m going, fat ass!”

Nice!!!!

It's too bad we can't get Tommie to come back as part of the QB coach and teach his skills to the new guys. I can only imagine what Spano and Green would be like under Tommie "Fraz-uhhh!"'s tutelage.

Great to see Tommie back though. The greatest NU QB evah!!

Really? I don't think Tommie did so well as a coach. He was an incredible athlete . . . but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a great teacher. Also I don't know how useful his knowledge would be with our current offensive philosophy.

Tommie was a leader, but dealing one on one was not and is not his best tool.

He could help at game time motivation, but being on the staff is never going to happen is my guess.

His team mates did not like him much.

And his team hated him while coaching.

Lets just keep the memories he gave us and him out of the coaching staff, we will be far better off.

He could help at game time motivation, but being on the staff is never going to happen is my guess.

Lets just keep the memories he gave us and him out of the coaching staff, we will be far better off.

:dunno:dunno:dunno

:dunno:dunno:dunno

KC, not sure what the question is. Tommie is everyone's #1 all-time Husker QB, but that doesn't mean he was personable. He rubbed a lot of guys the wrong way. Very driven athletes tend to have difficult personalities, and everything I've heard about Frazier says he was tough to get along with.

KC, not sure what the question is. Tommie is everyone's #1 all-time Husker QB, but that doesn't mean he was personable. He rubbed a lot of guys the wrong way. Very driven athletes tend to have difficult personalities, and everything I've heard about Frazier says he was tough to get along with.

Gill was mine..

Gill was mine..

Way to crap on the point. Because that was what I was really getting at. +1 Internets for you. :thumbs

Gill was mine..

Way to crap on the point. Because that was what I was really getting at. +1 Internets for you. :thumbs

thanks.gif

And Sorry I didn't realize you were making a point!

pointer.jpgcorbin_bleu.jpg

It's too bad we can't get Tommie to come back as part of the QB coach and teach his skills to the new guys. I can only imagine what Spano and Green would be like under Tommie "Fraz-uhhh!"'s tutelage.

Great to see Tommie back though. The greatest NU QB evah!!

Really? I don't think Tommie did so well as a coach. He was an incredible athlete . . . but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a great teacher. Also I don't know how useful his knowledge would be with our current offensive philosophy.

No, Tommie was not a good coach, but so far as skills go, even in this offense, I'd take him over virtually any other player in the country. Contrary to many people's belief, TF could throw the ball and a trend toward spread option would probably only have further complimented his abilities. Besides, Tommie didn't just win with his legs or his arm, Tommie won with his heart. He may have been a jerk sometimes, but he knew how to win, and his teammates believed he would.

Part of reason he was not a good coach was b/c of where he was at. Doane...it is not the hot bed of the NAIA. I remember reading an article where it stated they would take anyone who wanted to play and it was not taken very serious. The coach that was before him seemed to have great relationships with the kids, but not a lot of success on the field and they were find with it.

I am not saying that Tommie would become the next TO, but it would be nice to have him involved in a greater role for NU. Could you imagine putting in a position like Jamrog or something to that capacity? I think having him travel around when the program is asking for money would bring in big bucks.

At one point he had a role in the program after playing. Does anyone remember what he did?