'The Real top 25' poll.

Between the messed up football poll and the messed up fan poll listing Clemson and Virginia Tech as having the top 2 best gameday experiences in the South, (?) I would have to say the best thing about this webpage is the Pennington & Bailes link at the top of the screen.

Nebrasska being at 16 is pretty good though.

Yeah, the Cowboys seem a little high to me, have to wait and see how the fare against Georgia I guess. But, like the guy said they have a home schedule that could set them up for an unforgettable season, or a very long one. Be interesting to watch though. Oklahoma not in the top ten? Not sure I get that one.

As far as the Huskers go, I'd say he nailed it. I think we are as legitimate pre-season top twenty-teen ish as anyone else.

Oklahoma out of the top ten is ridiculous. OK State at #2 is ridiculous, too, but they bear watching. If their defense holds up they could be the South champs. They certainly ought to be scoring against everyone.

I'll bet they beat Georgia. We'll see.

I bet they don't.

Really? North Carolina that high when all it takes is TJ Yates to go down with an injury and their season is over. There is no way in hell they should even be around #9 considering their receiving threat is gone as well. I watched them twice last year, and twice Yates went down before half with injuries, the kid is a walking injury waiting to happen. Guess what, they were fine until he went down and their defense really isn't that great, they can't stop everything and the other team will score, but NC will not win a game without Yates playing the whole thing.

We seem about right at 16 though, we'll see how the season pans out.

If we were reading about another team being ranked 16th with an unproven QB, uproven secondary, questionable Oline, we would be screaming bloody murder.

25-30 I agree with and possibly 23-25. We have no reason to be ranked 16th.

This poll is a huge joke from top to bottom.

Not saying we will not play to that level, but there is nothing that would indicate from a stangers eyes.

I'm sure non of you will think this is very credible but I had UNC going 10-2 this year, and Nebraska to be 11-1 with its only loss coming against VT...i think we'll beat OU at home, only because I think that OU's line will not even be near as good as they were a year ago. Bradford will be running out of the pocket ALOT more this year...

If we were reading about another team being ranked 16th with an unproven QB, uproven secondary, questionable Oline, we would be screaming bloody murder.

I don't suppose you've looked at the teams ranked in most polls between 10-25, have you? There are a TON of question marks on a ton of teams this year. Basically your top four should be Florida, Oklahoma, Texas and USC, and then it's pretty much a crap shoot from there.

Remember 2007, when everyone lost all the time and we had like six different teams at #2? We stand a good chance of seeing that again this year.

In honesty I do not even look at them normally until the week before the season or when the AP comes out.

Does not mean much to me. I wish they didn't come out until the first week of October.

That is why we love this game. Nobody really knows what is going to happen. The college effort, the walkons making the difference.

But if some one said, I think such and such with the same as we have coming in, should be ranked 16th you know we would be questioning it.

Man can the season get here soon enough. I feel really good about this year. I think we are going to surprise a lot of people if we can stay healthy.

Maybe not a better record than last year, but I think we are going to see things coming together, the defense starting to put it together the way Bo wants it.

In honesty I do not even look at them normally until the week before the season or when the AP comes out.

Does not mean much to me. I wish they didn't come out until the first week of October.

That is why we love this game. Nobody really knows what is going to happen. The college effort, the walkons making the difference.

But if some one said, I think such and such with the same as we have coming in, should be ranked 16th you know we would be questioning it.

Man can the season get here soon enough. I feel really good about this year. I think we are going to surprise a lot of people if we can stay healthy.

Maybe not a better record than last year, but I think we are going to see things coming together, the defense starting to put it together the way Bo wants it.

BOLD - Agreed. I help make a Top 25 for another site, and we do it for the traffic it generates and to have something to talk about, but I agree that we don't know squat about most (if any) of these teams at this point.

UNDERLINE - You're probably right. Which is why I ranked the Huskers at #21. Right ahead of Kansas. :lol: