'The Real top 25' poll.

What makes this one "real?"

If you'll notice I've made one little adjustment to the top 5...

1. Nebraska

The Cornhuskers are replacing a lot of production on offense, mainly at quarterback. But tailbacks Roy Helu Jr. and Quentin Castille and new quarterback Zac Lee's running will be enough. Defensively Nebraska is skilled, fast and talented. September 19th at Virginia Tech could be one of the best games on the entire season. Two manageable conference road games at Missouri and Kansas, However Texas Tech and Oklahoma visit Lincoln. If the Huskers start strong and start believing in themselves, they could make BCS noise.

2. Florida

Two words, Tim Tebow. The Gators return the greatest player in college football history and the fastest defense in America. They have an SEC schedule that sets up nicely. At LSU on October 10th will be a test. But anything less than another BCS Championship will be a shocker. The Gators are loaded.

3. Oklahoma State

The Cowboys return quarterback Zac Robinson, tailback Kendall Hunter and receiver Dez Bryant. Defensively they will be vastly improved. A win over Georgia early will set in motion a memorable season for “The Man” Mike Gundy. Yes you are reading this correctly. It’s an Oklahoma school, but a different one. With Georgia, Texas Tech and Texas all at home this could be a year they won’t soon forget in Stillwater.

4. Texas

Quarterback Colt McCoy is on a mission. The talented and vocal quarterback needs a ground game to take some of the pressure off him and receivers Jordan Shipley and Malcolm Williams. True freshmen running back Chris Whaley must make an impact. Texas verses Oklahoma State at Stillwater October 30th will be a war with the winner looking good down the stretch.

5. Southern Cal

The Trojans will be breaking in a new quarterback and they have to replace eight starters on defense including linebackers Brian Cushing, Rey Maualuga and Clay Matthews. At Ohio State September 12th is early enough that if they take a loss they could win out and be sniffing around for a title chance at season's end.

Now it's real.

:restore

Two words, Tim Tebow. The Gators return the greatest player in college football history and the fastest defense in America.

:laughpound

Jen, Sunshine pumper of the world. No question.

But I must admire your comments about Tebow. If things go as they most likely will this year, he will be the best college football player of all time by results.

Respect. I am truly impressed.

Jen, Sunshine pumper of the world. No question.

But I must admire your comments about Tebow. If things go as they most likely will this year, he will be the best circumcisor of young boys in Southeast Asia of all time by results.

Respect. I am truly impressed.

Fixed it

Off topic, but where did they find all of those old logos? And the Nebraska logo looked like it was handdrawn in MS paint.

You mean like this?

zjh1kw.jpg

:laughpound

:clap

I hope you don't mind, but I just made that my avatar. I love your work!

Thanks! That MS Paint drawing was sooo time consuming; it took at least two minutes to complete. :laughpound