Cy's Amazing Pre-Season Predictions

from athlon:

Offensive linemen

Even with the loss of three starters, there doesn’t appear to be much concern in Lawrence about the Jayhawks’ trench warriors. Jeremiah Hatch, a tackle last season, should be one of the league’s best centers in 2009. Right tackle Jeff Spikes, a 6'6", 314-pound sophomore, is one of the Big 12’s top young linemen. He struggled a bit early last fall but worked out the kinks by the end of his freshman season. Kansas is incredibly inexperienced at the other three positions. Not only is left tackle Tanner Hawkinson a redshirt freshman, but the former tight end is playing the position for the first time. Left guard John Williams is a redshirt freshman, and junior right guard Sal Capra is a first-year starter.

Is this the same Athlon that all you KU fans mocked and called a joke cause you weren't in the top 25?

i don't recall calling athlon a joke. i really could care less about being in the preseason top 25. we didn't do much to prove we belong last season so i'm cool with it.

Great job Cy.

_________________________________________________________________________________

To the Kansas fans...

Here's the thing...

KU could beat Nebraska in Lawrence and still not make it to the Big 12 title game because of all the other conference losses. I think KU goes 0-3 against the south and has a 50/50 shot at losing to Missouri and Colorado.

NU on the other hand should go 2-1 against the south, with victories over TT and Baylor and outside of the one theoretical loss to Kansas should be 4-1 in the north division.

Regardless, I'm putting the cart way before the horse here...one game at time...starting with Florida Atlantic.

why do you think NU beats TT but ku has no chance against them?

That makes no since Jen. We all want to know how Nebraska is going to just beat TT and KU has no chance. You do realize that in order to beat TT you're going to have to score points right? Plus, winning at Baylor isn't automatic for this Husker club. They gave you a run for your money last year in Lincoln.....I do believe they were winning at halftime.......and Baylor will be even better this year.

The Husker fans on this board just don't understand how important an experienced QB is. After this season, they will.

from athlon:

Offensive linemen

Even with the loss of three starters, there doesn’t appear to be much concern in Lawrence about the Jayhawks’ trench warriors. Jeremiah Hatch, a tackle last season, should be one of the league’s best centers in 2009. Right tackle Jeff Spikes, a 6'6", 314-pound sophomore, is one of the Big 12’s top young linemen. He struggled a bit early last fall but worked out the kinks by the end of his freshman season. Kansas is incredibly inexperienced at the other three positions. Not only is left tackle Tanner Hawkinson a redshirt freshman, but the former tight end is playing the position for the first time. Left guard John Williams is a redshirt freshman, and junior right guard Sal Capra is a first-year starter.

Is this the same Athlon that all you KU fans mocked and called a joke cause you weren't in the top 25?

i don't recall calling athlon a joke. i really could care less about being in the preseason top 25. we didn't do much to prove we belong last season so i'm cool with it.

I don't remeber any Jayhawk fans on here calling athlon a joke. I do recall all the husker fans excited to go buy Phille Steels gay little mag, along with athlons......funny how they didn't want to buy the others. And before you all say it- Yeah Phill Steele's is the ,most accurate, but before you go drinkin his kool-aid, understand that he hates KU because they ruined his predictions in 2007 and the word on the street was that he picked against KU every single week, beginning with the KSU game that year and he lost. Then he finally jumped on the KU bandwagon for the boarder war game and KU lost to Missouri. Then went on to pick against KU in the Orange Bowl. Rumor has it he lost close to $20,000 on KU that year, with alot of angry followers that took his advice to bet against KU.

I see why the guy has picked them 4th in the North. I'd be pissed to.

The Husker fans on this board just don't understand how important an experienced QB is. After this season, they will.

to be fair, some think that Lee is as good as Reesing. Which he could be, but without the WR's

And that's just crazy talk. :clap But yes, they don't have the receivers and they know it. Looking at Nebraska's schedule, I keep going back and forth between them going 7-5 or 8-4. I don't see them doing any better than 8-4 or no worse than 7-5. I'm still waiting to make my official predictions.

i've never been asked that and go find a post that proves that. didn't realize it was offensive to you.

Here's the link. Turns out it wasn't that hard to find.

LINK

You were active in that conversation both before and after I asked. It's possible you missed it, but I'm sure you're not missing it this time.

Thanks.

edited. i am pissy today for some reason

go back to the kansas board.

i've never been asked that and go find a post that proves that. didn't realize it was offensive to you.

Here's the link. Turns out it wasn't that hard to find.

LINK

You were active in that conversation both before and after I asked. It's possible you missed it, but I'm sure you're not missing it this time.

Thanks.

edited. i am pissy today for some reason

go back to the kansas board.

we worked through our issues yesterday. don't need your input. thanks.

I think Kansas fans just come on here and tell us how bad we'll be to make their own insecurities about their season lessen a bit. I think Kansas will underachieve this year with such an inexperienced O-line, and am no more worried about them than I was last year.

i am not saying you will be bad. i am just talking some football. I see your weakness and your see ours. we don't want to admit ours just the same as most of you do not want to admit yours. Ku could underachieve this year but so could your club. nobody knows at this moment. One thing that can't be denied is that your last 2 trips in lawrence have resulted in blowouts and that should worry you. Your record against ranked opponents over the last 6 years is not good and KU has a good chance of being ranked when that game happens. I'm calling an upset win over OU and a win over TT. If that does happen, that puts a ton of pressure on UNL. I think this is going to be a fun year for both of our clubs. Like I said i'm just here to talk some football and poke some fun your way a bit and i expect it in return.

I do believe our OL and DL is going to be better than outsiders believe and that comes from what the coaches are saying this year compared to last year at this time.

I am really not that worried about KU. I am not sure why they think they are going to be so good with the oline that they have. I know that athlon's article was quoted, but it is proven that an oline that has not played together will not play good together. They might be better by Nov, but that will not help them much against NU's dline.

I am really not that worried about KU. I am not sure why they think they are going to be so good with the oline that they have. I know that athlon's article was quoted, but it is proven that an oline that has not played together will not play good together. They might be better by Nov, but that will not help them much against NU's dline.

Our two best OL will be lining up against Suh. They got way better as the season went on last year and it showed in our running game. Over the final 7 games sharp was averaging 5 yrds a carry. Hawkinson is going to be a really good LT from what they are saying. Don't you guys have a pretty young OL this year?

Let's say you hold KU to 35 again this year. With what you are missing on O how do you score more than that?

Our two best OL will be lining up against Suh. They got way better as the season went on last year and it showed in our running game. Over the final 7 games sharp was averaging 5 yrds a carry. Hawkinson is going to be a really good LT from what they are saying. Don't you guys have a pretty young OL this year?

Let's say you hold KU to 35 again this year. With what you are missing on O how do you score more than that?

Great points Jayhawker, but they don't want to hear that. They don't want to hear that even though Reesing was running for his life against them last year, he still threw for 304 yds and 3 TD's. So with that said, one can only assume that KU will score at least 35-40 points on Nebraska. How can Nebraska top that with a new QB and little experience at receiver? You can't run the ball everytime and expect to score 40 plus. You're not the Nebraska of the 90's.

Great points Jayhawker, but they don't want to hear that. They don't want to hear that even though Reesing was running for his life against them last year, he still threw for 304 yds and 3 TD's. So with that said, one can only assume that KU will score at least 35-40 points on Nebraska. How can Nebraska top that with a new QB and little experience at receiver? You can't run the ball everytime and expect to score 40 plus. You're not the Nebraska of the 90's.

i think they realize it's not the nebraska of the 90's. Their right side of their OL will be their weekness and with the improvement of KU's DL, they were good against the run last year, we should be able to keep them from scoring on every series. My prediction 42 - 24 KU.

I think Kansas fans just come on here and tell us how bad we'll be to make their own insecurities about their season lessen a bit. I think Kansas will underachieve this year with such an inexperienced O-line, and am no more worried about them than I was last year.

i am not saying you will be bad. i am just talking some football. I see your weakness and your see ours. we don't want to admit ours just the same as most of you do not want to admit yours. Ku could underachieve this year but so could your club. nobody knows at this moment. One thing that can't be denied is that your last 2 trips in lawrence have resulted in blowouts and that should worry you. Your record against ranked opponents over the last 6 years is not good and KU has a good chance of being ranked when that game happens. I'm calling an upset win over OU and a win over TT. If that does happen, that puts a ton of pressure on UNL. I think this is going to be a fun year for both of our clubs. Like I said i'm just here to talk some football and poke some fun your way a bit and i expect it in return.

I do believe our OL and DL is going to be better than outsiders believe and that comes from what the coaches are saying this year compared to last year at this time.

WOW. You're more optimistic than I am Jayhawker. Until proven otherwise, I have KU losing to all 3 South teams, but sweeping the North. For some reason MM can't figure out how to beat Texas tech. We've come really close in the past, but can't seem to get over the hump. I don't like the fact that we have to play the game in Lubbock this year. I really like the fact that we're switching to a 4-2-5 defense. I think that will help slow down OU, Texas and TT.

We're not going to know how good we are until after the 4th game of the season. I think it takes 4 games to evaluate a team. Here's to hoping we go 4-0 in the non con this year. Southern Miss. is better than what Cy is giving them credit for. They have had a winning record the last 4 years, with bowl trip and a bowl win last year to back it up. That game isn't an automatic win for our Hawks. But I think we handle them in Lawrence.