Cy's Amazing Pre-Season Predictions

I'd more concerned about MU than TTech to be honest.. MU lost a lot of firepower but you're kidding yourself if you think MU doesn't have the talent to beat us if we come into the game flat... and you know Gabbert would love to stick it to us. Oh and it's a road opener for the conference season.. that adds a little difficulty. However; I think Pelini will have the boys ready to play and we should take this one.

As for TTech, we should have beaten them last year (dead horse)... oh and the year before that and the year before that and.. well yeah. Anyway, we should be significantly better than last year (and have a few games under our belt this season), and TTech will be taking a big step down with losing Harrel and Crabtree (may he quit being a baby and sign with the 9'ers already). Add all that to the fact that most of the seniors will probably need to be taken off the field in straight jackets if they get beat by tech once again... and I think we'll win this one.

The reason TTech scares me more than MU is simple: coaching. Pickle has shown the ability to completely pi$$ away games with way more talent than the other team. Leach on the other hand has shown the ability to whip another team even though his team has less talent. Losing Crabtree will hurt TTech, but I think we will see losing Harrel will have little to do with their success this year. I think we can win both these games, but TTech scares me a lot more than MU.

they will be more athletic and talented. By Nov they will have experience.

I don't buy that. They will have more experience than they did at the beginning obviously, but I don't think it's going to help against our biggest strength, the D-line. A young and inexperienced O-line is very crippling. No matter how well they develop by November I don't see them being able to contain Suh as well as the other guys who apparently have stepped up quite a bit.

I don't buy that. They will have more experience than they did at the beginning obviously, but I don't think it's going to help against our biggest strength, the D-line. A young and inexperienced O-line is very crippling. No matter how well they develop by November I don't see them being able to contain Suh as well as the other guys who apparently have stepped up quite a bit.

i won't claim they can dominate the nub DL. they give reesing just a second more than last years line and i think we have more success.

I'd more concerned about MU than TTech to be honest.. it's very possible we have a emotional hangover from V. Tech if we lose a close one/get blown out.

As for TTech, we should have beaten them last year. We should be better than last year and I think TTech will be taking a step down. All of that should equal out to a win for us.

you have to outscore TT and i do not think the skers will have the O to do it.

First of all.. I realized we have LA-Lafayette in between VT and MU (my bad!). Secondly, we have lost to TTech the past few times because we've gotten into shoot-outs with them, and they've always had just a bit more firepower than us. However, this year I think our defense will allow us to keep the game more manageable and not have to score 50 points to win it.

Our defensive line should prove to be a bit much for their rookie QB to handle.

sorry to burst your bubble but the next time a QB in Leach's system is rattled will be the first.

Wow, you must drink the mike leech brand kool-aid daily. In Pelini's first year, on the road, with Tech in the Nat'l Championship hunt with one of their best QB/WR tandems ever, and we still took them to overtime and had an opportunity to win the game.

And you don't think we have a good chance to beat them at home with a significantly improved team overall, and after being tested at VTech and at MU.. we should be ready for 'em.

i do think you have a good chance at beating them. But i also think they have a good chance at getting a win in lincoln.

How'd the gayhawks do against them last year? Just curious. (See I can be just as disrespectful as you can).

wow man. i've never been that disrespectful.

Dude, you lie.

You've been asked several times not to call Nebraska "nub." Several times. And yet, here you go, very next post after taking offense.

If you want respect, give respect. If you want to be known as the "gayhawks" from now on, by all means keep up with the "nub" crap.

You have absolutely no right to be offended here.

How'd the gayhawks do against them last year? Just curious. (See I can be just as disrespectful as you can).

Dude, you lie.

You've been asked several times not to call Nebraska "nub." Several times. And yet, here you go, very next post after taking offense.

If you want respect, give respect. If you want to be known as the "gayhawks" from now on, by all means keep up with the "nub" crap.

i've never been asked that and go find a post that proves that. didn't realize it was offensive to you. nothing like gayhawks at all and if you think it's the same that is your problem. I live in NUB and have for 10 years, married to a big husker family that donates to the U and never once have they been as arrogant and pissy as you. would you prefer i call it neb? i usually say unl but i never say nub to be offensive just faster to type.

i won't claim they can dominate the nub DL. they give reesing just a second more than last years line and i think we have more success.

That's a big IF

i've never been asked that and go find a post that proves that. didn't realize it was offensive to you. nothing like gayhawks at all and if you think it's the same that is your problem. I live in NUB and have for 10 years, married to a big husker family that donates to the U and never once have they been as arrogant and pissy as you. would you prefer i call it neb? i usually say unl but i never say nub to be offensive just faster to type.

I've asked you that several times myself. I'm not going to bother finding them because I have your attention now - so I'm asking, knock it off. Be respectful.

And if we took a short poll about your arrogance and pissiness, I think you may be surprised at the result. You've been plenty arrogant here. It's mostly overlooked because you support your team and that's expected, but let's not pretend there's no hubris to your posts.

Dude, you lie.

NU is even faster typing. But, you know, whatever.

That's a big IF

hopefully it's not but it could be.

Dude, you lie.

NU is even faster typing. But, you know, whatever.

i'll apologize for that post. but i've never typed nub in a way that i was meaning it to be offensive.

Now, back on track. Cy, I hope you're right about Iowa State getting to a bowl game. That'd be freaking sweet. How awesome would it be for ISU to get to a bowl, and Auburn to crash and burn?

:yeah I always hope for the best for ISU, but even if they don't go bowling a win over the chokeyes will do just fine.