Lawrence, Dillard, and May: your starting LBers

I thought that Lawrence and May were at the same spot (WILL was it?), and that Fisher had the other spot locked down.

That has been the general consensus, but you never know which player will step up and make the coaches reevaluate their depth charts.

Given that, I find it hard to imagine that a rangy 6-6 230lb LB like Fisher won't win the battle for one of the OLB spots. Especially considering he was one of the first True Freshman the coaching staff chose to play on special teams last season. Had he not been injured, there is a good chance he would have already seen a fair amount of snaps already.

According to Pelini (from NE Statepaper)

The situation at linebacker is so fluid right now, Pelini said, that “everybody” – including true freshmen -

“is in the mix.”

“You guys are in the mix if you can suit up,” he said, nodding toward the press corps. “I want to see some people who can execute our defense. I want to see some consistency, and I haven’t seen it yet.”

Added Ekeler: “Guys are working hard, but we’ve got to clean it up.”

I don't think it's going to matter who the "starters" are. We're going to see all of them, with Compton included, play significant time.

:yeah

That's the thing about Bo...He'll play a lot of different personnel packages, tinker with the line-up until he finds the guys that work the best together.