Rex Burkhead Hype...

He is a very high runner. Marlon Lucky proved that the finesse running back is not made for this system. Helu has moves but best believe he will lay you out if you try to go up top on him. I just don't see that in Rex. Don't get me wrong i think he is an excellent talent, but he will have to work on his pad level to be successful at the collegiate level.

He has alot of time to work on that.

At the very least, I think he should at least be returning punts/kickoffs this year.

He is a very high runner. Marlon Lucky proved that the finesse running back is not made for this system. Helu has moves but best believe he will lay you out if you try to go up top on him. I just don't see that in Rex. Don't get me wrong i think he is an excellent talent, but he will have to work on his pad level to be successful at the collegiate level.

Nobody else I've read - from folks who've watched him play in person to the recruiting gurus to the coaches who either coached him or recruited him - has mentioned that Burkhead's running style is too upright. I've watched his highlight tapes and I don't agree with your "stiff" or "high pad level" assessment, but whatever.

Burkhead's pad level isn't significantly different than Helu's, and nobody seems too concerned with him. Lawrence Phillips had an upright running style and he seemed to do OK. I think you're worrying about nothing here.

Nobody else I've read - from folks who've watched him play in person to the recruiting gurus to the coaches who either coached him or recruited him - has mentioned that Burkhead's running style is too upright. I've watched his highlight tapes and I don't agree with your "stiff" or "high pad level" assessment, but whatever.

Burkhead's pad level isn't significantly different than Helu's, and nobody seems too concerned with him. Lawrence Phillips had an upright running style and he seemed to do OK. I think you're worrying about nothing here.

Eric Dickerson had an upright running style and he did alright for himself. Different strokes. I'm just sayin...

:yeah

Others with upright running styles that people said wouldn't translate to college FB.....

Maurice Clarett

Steve Slaton

Adrian Peterson

just sayin', these guys did okay.

wasn't sam mcguffie white? He was rated pretty high a couple of years ago correct?

He still is white.

He left Meatchicken to transfer to the mighty football powerhouse that is Rice.

Yeah but he did earn playing time at Michigan as True Frosh, guess he didn't like it away from Texas. Rice does have a great running game.

:yeah

Others with upright running styles that people said wouldn't translate to college FB.....

Maurice Clarett

Steve Slaton

Adrian Peterson

just sayin', these guys did okay.

He and Lawrence Phillips have a lot more in common than just runnng styles.

20060103_115119_ol03clarett.jpg

wasn't sam mcguffie white? He was rated pretty high a couple of years ago correct?

He still is white.

Yeah but he did earn playing time at Michigan as True Frosh, guess he didn't like it away from Texas. Rice does have a great running game.

I think he rushed for 470 yards in his freshman year at Meatchicken. He had a nice freshman year there.

He still is white.

I think he rushed for 470 yards in his freshman year at Meatchicken. He had a nice freshman year there.

Sure did, makes you wonder why he left.

He still is white.

Probably because Mich is such a f'ing terrible place to go to school?!?!

Sorry, did my hatred come out there?

He still is white.

I thought that was interesting in him leaving. But then again, there have been a lot of departures at Meatchicken since R.R. took over.

He still is white.

I thought that was interesting in him leaving. But then again, there have been a lot of departures at Meatchicken since R.R. took over.

True but how many of R.R.'s recruits have left?

There are always departures when a new coach takes over. It happened here twice in the last five years, it's happened at A&M, Michigan, Notre Dame when Weis took over, Florida when Urban Meyer took over... the list goes on. Players leaving a program when a new coach takes over isn't a barometer for that coach. It's just part of the process.

There are always departures when a new coach takes over. It happened here twice in the last five years, it's happened at A&M, Michigan, Notre Dame when Weis took over, Florida when Urban Meyer took over... the list goes on. Players leaving a program when a new coach takes over isn't a barometer for that coach. It's just part of the process.

Yeah but RR recruited McGuffie.