Andy Christensen Moving back up

NUance

The 23-year-old senior from Bennington, who’s close to the best shape of his football life, is in the middle of a critical position battle on the NU offensive line. He’s dueling with junior Ricky Henry for a chance to start at right guard.

link

Great little OWH story on Andy Christensen. I’m glad his career didn’t end with the off field troubles he had a while back.

The 23-year-old senior from Bennington, who’s close to the best shape of his football life, is in the middle of a critical position battle on the NU offensive line. He’s dueling with junior Ricky Henry for a chance to start at right guard.

link

Great little OWH story on Andy Christensen. I’m glad his career didn’t end with the off field troubles he had a while back.

And lets hope it doesn't end with more off field troubles.

“I live my life the right way,” he said. “I don’t go out anymore. I still hang out with my friends. We’ll have fun, but I won’t go out to the bars. I don’t drink anymore. All that stuff has helped me get where I am now.”

If he truly has followed the steps to change his off-the-field lifestyle, I respect that. Looks like he is trying to change for the better and get past his mistakes. Good for him.

On a side note: pretty impressive he is pursuing a master's degree in engineering. That's not one of the easier fields of study. I guess they say the o-linemen are usually some of the smartest guys on the field.

“I live my life the right way,” he said. “I don’t go out anymore. I still hang out with my friends. We’ll have fun, but I won’t go out to the bars. I don’t drink anymore. All that stuff has helped me get where I am now.”

If he truly has followed the steps to change his off-the-field lifestyle, I respect that. Looks like he is trying to change for the better and get past his mistakes. Good for him.

On a side note: pretty impressive he is pursuing a master's degree in engineering. That's not one of the easier fields of study. I guess they say the o-linemen are usually some of the smartest guys on the field.

well until they get hammered :wasted and become ding-dongs :lol:

That is great to hear from AC. We've had way too much of the other side of that coin - here's hoping he stays sober and continues to improve. Whether he was at fault in that incident in the bar a while back is irrelevant to the fact that he had already placed himself in a situation where such problems were easier to happen. Having the wisdom to stay out of such situations in the first place is the most crucial step.

That is great to hear from AC. We've had way too much of the other side of that coin - here's hoping he stays sober and continues to improve. Whether he was at fault in that incident in the bar a while back is irrelevant to the fact that he had already placed himself in a situation where such problems were easier to happen. Having the wisdom to stay out of such situations in the first place is the most crucial step.

Very true. The problem is, these are 17-23 year olds we are talking about. Full grown in the body. Not full grown in the head.

I’m just glad Christensen seems to be on the right path now. And I’m glad we got another bulldozer back on the offense. :)

Very true. The problem is, these are 17-23 year olds we are talking about. Full grown in the body. Not full grown in the head.

Yes, as I (painfully) remember from that stage of my life.

You can remember that stage? Unfortunately for me, the alcohol blocked out most memories of UNL. I remember starting college in August. Then four years later I woke up in the gutter with a diploma.

:)

Nicely said. I agree with both your points.

I also think this is as mature and unselfish as a player can get:

“My goal would be to contribute the best way possible,” he said Wednesday after practice. “If that’s starting, that’s starting. If that’s coming in (as a reserve), that’s coming in. I want us to be successful. And for us to be successful, I’ll play my part.”