Tom Shatel on Castille

At 6-foot-1, 235 pounds, Castille is a load. He's a powerful, bruising back. When it's third-and-short, who you gonna call? No. 19.

Yeah, maybe if you want a fumble!!

That's unfair. QC did fumble on occassion but it wasn't like he put the ball on the turf every other time he carried it.

No, just every third time!! :sarcasm

You're right, that wasn't exactly the most fair comment I could have said, but the fact still remains that he did fumble quite a bit. Will that also be missed?

1. If you want to make an "unfair" comment say all Colorado fans are pedophiles. :laughpound

2. He did fumble in his freshman year I'll give you that. But I can't recall many fumbles during his sophomore season.

This really makes you wonder what was really going on behind the scenes during Billy C's tenure. Kevin Dixon, Cody Glenn, Major Culbert, and Quentin Castille were all heavily sought after recruits for Billy, only to be dismissed by Bo. It really makes no difference to Bo, if you f**k around, he'll show you the door. I loved that quote he made today, and this will create a better culture for this program in the long-haul. Like an earlier post said, we are already behind in the recruiting game, therefore we need players who will bust their ass at all times to play for this program. I'll take a 3-star underrated Roy Helu Jr coming out of high school who will work his ass off, and play by the rules over a 5-star Marlon Lucky who expected everything to be handed to him.

It was Demetrious Harris from ESPN's series "Playmakers" that said, "When you're a Playmaker, the rules don't apply." Sadly for Dixon, Glenn, Culbert, and Castille, those rules still mean something to Bo.

This hurts the 09, 10 Huskers, but remember in 07 when everyone got all excited after Quentin Castille debuted against Nevada? Scored a pair of touchdowns, and "ooohed and aaahhed" the crowd with a couple of nifty spin moves. I fully expect Rex Burkhead to have a similar effect come September fifth.

At 6-foot-1, 235 pounds, Castille is a load. He's a powerful, bruising back. When it's third-and-short, who you gonna call? No. 19.

Yeah, maybe if you want a fumble!!

That's unfair. QC did fumble on occassion but it wasn't like he put the ball on the turf every other time he carried it.

No, just every third time!! :sarcasm

You're right, that wasn't exactly the most fair comment I could have said, but the fact still remains that he did fumble quite a bit. Will that also be missed?

1. If you want to make an "unfair" comment say all Colorado fans are pedophiles. :laughpound

2. He did fumble in his freshman year I'll give you that. But I can't recall many fumbles during his sophomore season.

C'mon Jen, you know as well as I, and every other poster on this board, that he fumbled a lot last year. If I was drunk enough I might even pull up a few threads discussing that problem. Anybody had a few in them?

Woops this thread is after he had his monstrous game against Clemson. Some even mentioned prior thoughts of moving to LB.

This really makes you wonder what was really going on behind the scenes during Billy C's tenure. Kevin Dixon, Cody Glenn, Major Culbert, and Quentin Castille were all heavily sought after recruits for Billy, only to be dismissed by Bo. It really makes no difference to Bo, if you f**k around, he'll show you the door. I loved that quote he made today, and this will create a better culture for this program in the long-haul. Like an earlier post said, we are already behind in the recruiting game, therefore we need players who will bust their ass at all times to play for this program. I'll take a 3-star underrated Roy Helu Jr coming out of high school who will work his ass off, and play by the rules over a 5-star Marlon Lucky who expected everything to be handed to him.

It was Demetrious Harris from ESPN's series "Playmakers" that said, "When you're a Playmaker, the rules don't apply." Sadly for Dixon, Glenn, Culbert, and Castille, those rules still mean something to Bo.

This hurts the 09, 10 Huskers, but remember in 07 when everyone got all excited after Quentin Castille debuted against Nevada? Scored a pair of touchdowns, and "ooohed and aaahhed" the crowd with a couple of nifty spin moves. I fully expect Rex Burkhead to have a similar effect come September fifth.

Nevada...don't they gamble there or something?

Anyone here actually know what the "team rules" are?

Or are they so outrageous that they must remain "Double Top Secret"?

Sorry if I ruffle anyones feathers..I know..The details aren't really our buisness...but...It'd be nice to know ahead of time (at least for our future recruits) so if it's something like not using your turn signals in traffic and you broke the stem of your turnsignal thingie on your car, you can get it fixed...or go to another school.

Sorry if I ruffle anyones feathers..I know..The details aren't really our buisness...but...It'd be nice to know ahead of time (at least for our future recruits) so if it's something like not using your turn signals in traffic and you broke the stem of your turnsignal thingie on your car, you can get it fixed...or go to another school.

Using your turn signals??? Give me a break. It really is not any ones business what the rules are except for the team. Are you recruiting the kids? I would assume not, so the "team rules" do not need to be discussed with any of the fans.

Using your turn signals??? Give me a break. It really is not any ones business what the rules are except for the team. Are you recruiting the kids? I would assume not, so the "team rules" do not need to be discussed with any of the fans.

I agree with Tommie. The team rules are for the team and the coaches. Not the fans. You break those rules, you're of the team. It's pretty clear cut.

Shatel is an asshat anyway. Never have liked him. Losing Q may be a tough loss (no way to tell until the season starts...and yes he had a bad case of fumble-itis) but you have to respect Pelini for sticking to his guns.

What I got from the article is that Shatel wants an explanation of the dismissal.

"Breaking team rules" is pretty vague. What rule in particular was violated?

However, if it's something like a failed drug test - whether PED's or recreationals - the university may be dealing with medical privacy issues of the player in question.

Wasn't there a high-profile D-lineman in about '92 that Oz booted for recreational drugs, told the media it was "violation of our drug policy," and then the player turned around and sued the university for violation of privacy?

Sorry if I ruffle anyones feathers..I know..The details aren't really our buisness...but...It'd be nice to know ahead of time (at least for our future recruits) so if it's something like not using your turn signals in traffic and you broke the stem of your turn signal thingie on your car, you can get it fixed...or go to another school.

I agree with Tommie. The team rules are for the team and the coaches. Not the fans. You break those rules, you're of the team. It's pretty clear cut.

Shatel is an asshat anyway. Never have liked him. Losing Q may be a tough loss (no way to tell until the season starts...and yes he had a bad case of fumble-itis) but you have to respect Pelini for sticking to his guns.

I agree with Motoboat..

We probably should NOT be told of the specifics now (after the fact).

But as awesome as Pelini is..and we all know he is..Everyone should be accountable.

Especially if I'm a recruit or a parent...or even just a fan like me and am risking my reputation by recruiting the 5-star LB that plays on my neighbor's hs team not to worry about specifics (rules)..no way they could be arbitrary.

What if it's BYU and one of the team rules is that you must convert to Mormonism or Notre Dame and one of the rules is you have to become Catholic? Kind of extreme examples now, but before integration? Entirely probable.

As much as I dreamed of playing for DONU, I definitely would want to know if there were rules about going to bars or having sex before marriage.

BTW..one of my pet peves is people not using their turn signals..My stem thingie actually broke off, so I've been using hand signals until I install my new one that I bought on ebay.

Same thing everyone else is saying, basically. I will say this though: Castille is a big loss, but it's a big loss at a position we can arguably afford to take it. Granted he was a big part of our definition of "loaded" at running back, but there were several guys the coaches have singled out along the way. And with a healthy Helu, we should be able to stay on course. Someone had better become a competent backup very fast, but with Helu we still have a running game defenses have to plan for.

Name ONE person in the backfield that can hit the way Q did? He made teams fear him because they knew he was going to lower his pads and punish you, every down he played. Q brought that dominance factor, the factor that won TO 3 national titles. Bo should be more forthcoming in his decisions regarding team dismissals. Why does it need to be a secret? If you want people to see it as "you better not do this or else" then you need to tell people what it was he did that warrants dismissal.

Remember when Callahan disolved the unity council, well Bo just about did the same with this move. Helu is likely to get hurt this season, it doesnt even sound like he is 100% despite the reports contrary... and even then, can we really believe what Bo says now?

Personally, I think this stinks... just like Chicken Sh*t.

Same thing everyone else is saying, basically. I will say this though: Castille is a big loss, but it's a big loss at a position we can arguably afford to take it. Granted he was a big part of our definition of "loaded" at running back, but there were several guys the coaches have singled out along the way. And with a healthy Helu, we should be able to stay on course. Someone had better become a competent backup very fast, but with Helu we still have a running game defenses have to plan for.

Name ONE person in the backfield that can hit the way Q did? He made teams fear him because they knew he was going to lower his pads and punish you, every down he played. Q brought that dominance factor, the factor that won TO 3 national titles. Bo should be more forthcoming in his decisions regarding team dismissals. Why does it need to be a secret? If you want people to see it as "you better not do this or else" then you need to tell people what it was he did that warrants dismissal.

Remember when Callahan disolved the unity council, well Bo just about did the same with this move. Helu is likely to get hurt this season, it doesnt even sound like he is 100% despite the reports contrary... and even then, can we really believe what Bo says now?

... forgive me, I am smoking pi$$ed and realize Bo could give a crap what I think... but the bigger question above Bo and the Unity Council is... Did he ask TO what he should do as a YOUNG HEAD COACH!!!?

Regardless of whether the call was made by Bo or by the Unity Council, is it too much to ask that players stay clean and out of trouble for four or five years? I certainly don't think so. We don't know what happened, but it does sound like Q was given numerous chances and didn't take it seriously.

Regardless of whether the call was made by Bo or by the Unity Council, is it too much to ask that players stay clean and out of trouble for four or five years? I certainly don't think so. We don't know what happened, but it does sound like Q was given numerous chances and didn't take it seriously.

No police reports, etc... so what exactly could he have done that was so bad? Or is it a rule so stupid that it would embarass Pelini to mention in publicly? When Keller threw a cup... THREW A CUP, we knew all about it. When AC was accused of rape, we knew all about it. When Q got a warrant for not appearing in court, we knew about it. I think Bo is letting his position get to his head a little too much. I wonder now if we made a mistake not getting Turner Gill back in Lincoln, at least he would have asked TO for advice.