Thunder Collins -- More bad news headlined on ESPN

I do agree with you Trucker on doing your homework on these kids but the pressure to win these days override sound judgement. Coaches are going to take a chance on kids based upon their talent over their character. We can only hope that this new "let's behave ourselves" attitude we see from the NFL will hopefully trickle down into the NCAA. Once some of these kids start to see their heroes in the NFL demonstrate some class perhaps it will rub off on them, we shall see.

You know, in general I wish they would stop linking former players with the schools they played for, especially if they were kicked out of school without graduating. Every time Maurice Clarett farts, I don’t need to be reminded he played for Ohio State. With every developing issue with Rae Carruth, I don’t need to know he played for Colorado. With every single instance of Lawrence Phillips running afoul with the law, I don’t need to be reminded he played at Nebraska. Same goes for any other kid who played for any other school, including Thunder Collins.

I know that’s never going to happen because the only reason it’s news is their association with whatever school they played for. But it gets tiresome seeing these schools, whose ideals and principles are polar opposites from what these guys have done, raked through the muck over and over.

I said this in another thread once before, we cannot control the behavior of other or control the destinies of our teams. I cannot control Rae Carruth anymore then you could control Thunder, it may embarrass us, but what can we really do? Same on the field, I cannot control who Cody throws a pass to any more then you can control a linebacker making a tackle. I think sometimes we envelop ourselves into our team loyalty so much that we actually believe that Madden or NCAA 9 are for real and we control everything. All I can control are my own actions.

You are my favorite Colorado fan. Have I ever told you that?

:cheers

:yeah

Beach Buffs has always been part of our club, "College Football Fans," he is always welcome at my tailgate and I will stand shoulder to shoulder with him in any situation.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

I'll bring the shrimp for the grill...lol

I don't know what to think about this guy and what he had to say during the two videos on KETV. It just makes me sick to see a former player in a situation like this and to have other fans from different schools down grade Nebraska because of atheletes like Thunder Collins and Lawrence Phillips.

Honestly I don't know if he's guilty or not.

Well he did stand trial and was found guilty by a jury.

This blog doesn't mention K-State:

LINKY-DINKY-DOO

This article mentions KSU, with a quote from his coach, at the very bottom:

LINKORAMA

Throughout most of their articles he's described as a Miami Heat player, not a K-State player.

Does this mean ESPN hates Nebraska? Hardly. But it's interesting how different players from different schools are portrayed.

Beasely barely spent the night at KSU. He was a one and done. They might as well say his high school when referring to him because that's where he played basketball the longest thus far in his career.

Beasely barely spent the night at KSU. He was a one and done. They might as well say his high school when referring to him because that's where he played basketball the longest thus far in his career.

True, but Collins barely played longer at Nebraska than Beasley played at KSU. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just pointing that out for the general edification.