Is there a wrinkle in our offense?

Though Mendoza is now back at HB I could definitely still see him running routes out of the slot a bit.

One wrinkle to look for this year though is the TE's like Reed and Cotton maybe coming out of the backfield in passing routes. That could be interesting.

Good point. I forgot they have been saying that Reed could maybe get down as a fullback. That would be extremely interesting. And I think Mendoza, with his WR knowledge from this year, could make an impact in the passing game.

I've always wondered if a 2-QB formation would work. I've never seen anyone actually try it the way I'm imagining it, but I dreamed it up back when we had Crouch and Lord. Basically they would both be in shotgun position (possibly with a RB as well) and the snap could go to either player. Could throw the defense off, maybe with Lee and Washington. Lot's of creative plays.

I've always wondered if a 2-QB formation would work. I've never seen anyone actually try it the way I'm imagining it, but I dreamed it up back when we had Crouch and Lord. Basically they would both be in shotgun position (possibly with a RB as well) and the snap could go to either player. Could throw the defense off, maybe with Lee and Washington. Lot's of creative plays.

What about the "Wild Ducky Formation"?

no way, i hate that formation....the onel listed in that guys sig. Missouri ran something like that against OU in the championship game and I cannot stand that. I don't like it at all. Reminds me too much of a street football game.

Did they have a DT at QB, though? :laughpound

I think the 2 QB look is a specialty of the A11 offense that HS in CA runs. I heard that HS rules are being changed because of it though.

I was thinking that exact thing before I read your post... so :yeah

I was thinking that exact thing before I read your post... so :yeah

I always kinda wondered why we never utilized something like that with Frazier and Berringer as well. Though Nebraska did run a Double QB Offense under Bill Jennings. He called it the Tandem T offense... didn't work so well.