Remain calm. All is well.

Why try to compete with one arm behind your back.. how are we gonna get to the next level of being elite without good recruiting...... why does everyone think its no big deal now that ANOTHER committ said his cotact with coaches fell off and he had a hard time getting in touch with them.... DO SOMEthing guys... sure i love it when we pull in someone but why can't we do it consistently... its begining to look disappointing actualy at this point..

for all the people who say no need to get worried or whats the big deal or Bo knows what he is doing... i say wake up!!!!!

anythign is hard to find when you wont open your eyes.......

I guess I think it isn't that big of a deal in this particular case because I don't think we really wanted him.

I am concerned about recruiting but not this recruit.

brrrrraaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh then we deserve to lose as why wouldnt we want a guy rated as the 3rd prospect in ARk and the 16th best corner in the nation... I MEAN WHAT ARE WE THINKING what i dont see anyone better lining up at our door for the offer.... i dont know how we can beat all these teams in the north if we cant even recruit on their level... at least THIS YEAR... hopefully we wake up and do better

Why try to compete with one arm behind your back.. how are we gonna get to the next level of being elite without good recruiting...... why does everyone think its no big deal now that ANOTHER committ said his cotact with coaches fell off and he had a hard time getting in touch with them.... DO SOMEthing guys... sure i love it when we pull in someone but why can't we do it consistently... its begining to look disappointing actualy at this point..

for all the people who say no need to get worried or whats the big deal or Bo knows what he is doing... i say wake up!!!!!

I guess I think it isn't that big of a deal in this particular case because I don't think we really wanted him.

brrrrraaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh then we deserve to lose as why wouldnt we want a guy rated as the 3rd prospect in ARk and the 16th best corner in the nation... I MEAN WHAT ARE WE THINKING what i dont see anyone better lining up at our door for the offer.... i dont know how we can beat all these teams in the north if we cant even recruit on their level... at least THIS YEAR... hopefully we wake up and do better

irie I agree that I am a bit concerned about the current recruiting status, but I am not worried about this decommit. Just looking across the various boards and many of the posters that seem to have some inside knowledge aren't upset by this one. None of these guys are sunshine pumpers either and are usually very critical of the staff lately about their recruiting efforts. However the prevailing theme is that the staff really cooled on Sloan lately after re-evaluating their prospects. For one Bo doesn't like short corners. For Sloan's 4 star ranking, he really doesn't have a whole lot of decent offers and his home state school Arkansas hasn't even given him the time of day. I don't think he is quite the prospect that he is billed to be on the Rivals site currently, my guess is that he gets down graded. The other thing that supposedly cooled the coaches is the that he apparantly is a high risk non-qualifier. If you are going to take 16-18 recruits, I would think you would want to ensure that all of them would show up. In this case it appears the staff deliberately stopped communication with the young man. I am not an insider so all I have is what others post, but no matter where I look I am seeing similar sentiments about the Sloan deal.

The name of the game now is win baby win..

Wins will translate to commits.

I agree 100%. If Nebraska can begin beating the south teams on a regular basis recruiting won't be an issue.

Fair enough.... but without much better recruits than we have been getting we will not beat the South teams.

On the flip side to all of this, is it possible that the staff cooled off on Sloan because he didn't visit NU or for some other reason? Is it possible that the reason the coaches have not contacted those other prospects is because they feel those players don't fit the Husker system? Folks, I'm not expressing an opinion here. I'm not sugar-coating anything. I am a bit concern when I hear feedback from a number of prospects who say they can't get a hold of the coaches. But regardless, this is a question that should be asked.

His previous two recruiting classes perhaps weren't great but appear to be solid. Pelini has admitted that reaction from high schools regarding the Husker program has been good but not great. As others have posted, winning should improve our situation. :)

OK, the first question has been answered by some posters, and the staff cooling off on Sloan could be the reason. But I still have the second question I would like a reply to.

What we won't know for a couple of years is if Pelini's first recruiting classes are solid enough that combined with development would produce a number of players who can make a difference for this program. I guess the other big question is: In today's world, can you develop a solid group of high school players into great players who can match the likes of UT, OU, or even OSU and UTT?

irie I agree that I am a bit concerned about the current recruiting status, but I am not worried about this decommit. Just looking across the various boards and many of the posters that seem to have some inside knowledge aren't upset by this one. None of these guys are sunshine pumpers either and are usually very critical of the staff lately about their recruiting efforts. However the prevailing theme is that the staff really cooled on Sloan lately after re-evaluating their prospects. For one Bo doesn't like short corners. For Sloan's 4 star ranking, he really doesn't have a whole lot of decent offers and his home state school Arkansas hasn't even given him the time of day. I don't think he is quite the prospect that he is billed to be on the Rivals site currently, my guess is that he gets down graded. The other thing that supposedly cooled the coaches is the that he apparantly is a high risk non-qualifier. If you are going to take 16-18 recruits, I would think you would want to ensure that all of them would show up. In this case it appears the staff deliberately stopped communication with the young man. I am not an insider so all I have is what others post, but no matter where I look I am seeing similar sentiments about the Sloan deal.

i have been hearing that too... but you never know the line between rumor and fact can be very wide... we will have to wait and see....... its not like i enjoy being bummed out on recruiting.... i'd rather be stoked 24/7 but i just want us to get to back to where we need to be and just sitting around and expecting recruits to come on in like we are UF or OU isn't gonna happen overnight we need to make it happen... but looks like its gonna happen without sloan..... :restore

I am concerned about recruiting but some people are a little over the top.

The recruiting season isn't over yet. It does appear that we need to get on the ball a little but that doesn't mean this class won't turn out OK.

As for Sloan- it is funny to watch people freak out about this. Huskerboard was full of posters that were killing Grixby for being too small to cover those big receivers in the B12 but this guy is a devastating loss to our class?

To answer your question: (Please note that I'm not referring to you in the next sentence. I wasn't on this board then, but I was on another Husker site which did have its share of Grixby bashers.)

Ah Grixby...the favorite target of the uninformed, usually drunken, post-game, Husker fan rant.

The problem was never Grixby. The problem was the utterly incompetent defensive coaches, specifically Cosdouche and Elmoturd, we had.

Marvin Sanders has said repeatedly via interviews that have been posted, here and elsewhere, that he was absolutely shocked at just how little the DB's knew regarding technique. I mean cripes he had to teach these guys how to properly back pedal. If that doesn't illustrate the depths of incompetence of the former staff nothing does, or will.

Poor coaching during the week leads to poor technique being practiced. Poor technique during the week leads to poor technique during a game. And, poor technique during a game results in poor play. Doesn't that about sum up the entire tenure of the previous staff?

What we won't know for a couple of years is if Pelini's first recruiting classes are solid enough that combined with development would produce a number of players who can make a difference for this program. I guess the other big question is: In today's world, can you develop a solid group of high school players into great players who can match the likes of UT, OU, or even OSU and UTT?

From the sounds of it, the depth chart will be littered with freshmen and sophmores, so we'll know more this year.