Remain calm. All is well.

Sloan's decommitment no shocker

Posted by: Brian Christopherson on August 31, 2009 at 8:50AM CST

Yes, cornerback Anterio Sloan decommitted from Nebraska over the weekend. Of course, if you didn't see that coming, you weren't looking the right way.

Sloan said he was exploring his options a couple months ago. From the sounds of it, Sloan -- an Arkansas native -- is looking toward some SEC schools at this point. Nebraska is apparently still on his list, though you wonder if he's still on Nebraska's.

As it is, Nebraska has five known commits:

Quarterback Tyler Gabbert

Athlete Tyler Evans

Offensive lineman Mike Moudy

Offensive lineman Andrew Rodriguez

Defensive end Donovan Vestal

For those fans concerned about there only being five commits, I have a feeling you're going to see that list beef up over the next few weeks. This will be a smaller class -- perhaps 17 or 18 guys.

Yes, cornerback Anterio Sloan decommitted from Nebraska over the weekend. Of course, if you didn't see that coming, you weren't looking the right way.

Sloan said he was exploring his options a couple months ago. From the sounds of it, Sloan -- an Arkansas native -- is looking toward some SEC schools at this point. Nebraska is apparently still on his list, though you wonder if he's still on Nebraska's.

Athlete Tyler Evans

For those fans concerned about there only being five commits, I have a feeling you're going to see that list beef up over the next few weeks. This will be a smaller class -- perhaps 17 or 18 guys.

Hope you're right, Brian. But who's going to be on that list and was it the guys we were really after?

Athlete Tyler Evans

:ahhhhhhhh

:ahhhhhhhh

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! The sky is falling! :laughpound

Seriously though...I'm just going to sit back and wait and see how everything works out because to this point, Bo Pelini-and the rest of the coaches, haven't given me any legitimate reason to doubt what they're doing.

To the point about Anterio Sloan: His decommittment should not come as a surprise. I mean, if you can't get a recruit to come and visit then you're not signing him despite having a verbal committment. And, I don't take his decommitting personally, if he doesn't want to be here then okay.

Athlete Tyler Evans

Hope you're right, Brian. But who's going to be on that list and was it the guys we were really after?

hell no is the answer to that one. we will get the "leftovers".....i hope this staff learned something from this disastrous recruiting season.......

Athlete Tyler Evans

hell no is the answer to that one. we will get the "leftovers".....i hope this staff learned something from this disastrous recruiting season.......

Overreact much?

Athlete Tyler Evans

Overreact much?

or a lot? :facepalm:

I am concerned about recruiting but some people are a little over the top.

The recruiting season isn't over yet. It does appear that we need to get on the ball a little but that doesn't mean this class won't turn out OK.

As for Sloan- it is funny to watch people freak out about this. Huskerboard was full of posters that were killing Grixby for being too small to cover those big receivers in the B12 but this guy is a devastating loss to our class?

Why try to compete with one arm behind your back.. how are we gonna get to the next level of being elite without good recruiting...... why does everyone think its no big deal now that ANOTHER committ said his cotact with coaches fell off and he had a hard time getting in touch with them.... DO SOMEthing guys... sure i love it when we pull in someone but why can't we do it consistently... its begining to look disappointing actualy at this point..

for all the people who say no need to get worried or whats the big deal or Bo knows what he is doing... i say wake up!!!!!

anythign is hard to find when you wont open your eyes.......

Why try to compete with one arm behind your back.. how are we gonna get to the next level of being elite without good recruiting...... why does everyone think its no big deal now that ANOTHER committ said his cotact with coaches fell off and he had a hard time getting in touch with them.... DO SOMEthing guys... sure i love it when we pull in someone but why can't we do it consistently... its begining to look disappointing actualy at this point..

for all the people who say no need to get worried or whats the big deal or Bo knows what he is doing... i say wake up!!!!!

anythign is hard to find when you wont open your eyes.......

I guess I think it isn't that big of a deal in this particular case because I don't think we really wanted him.

I am concerned about recruiting but not this recruit.