Herbies

And to further poke holes in this nonsense, Miami had pretty much the same team back in 2002, they again had several unimpressive wins, and they were incapable of defending their title.

If this is such a great team, where are there other titles? That Husker team won another one in 1994 and damned near had one in 1993, missing by a field goal.

As impressive as that roster looks, their resume isn't up to par with the 1995 Husker team's.

This debate is absurd. It's not even close.

Husker fans should be well aware of that 01 Miami team. Look up that roster and tell me with a straight face that

a Tommie Frazier led Huskers team would compete with that team

Are you being serious man? Dude that Miami team didn't play near the tough opponents that the 1995 Huskers did. Miami almost lost to an unranked Boston College that year! I mean just go back and look at the schedules and tell me who played tougher teams and the answer will ALWAYS be the 1995 Huskers. Oh and BTW as if you didn't already know the Huskers played an destroyed a Florida team (record for worst beating in title game) that was supposed to beat us in the title game. And that exact same team won the title the very next year too, Miami can't say the same thing. To me it's not even an argument of which team was better, I think the answer is clear as day and that ESPN show proves it even more with all them people who voted that the '95 Huskers would win because not just Husker fans voted on that people who know college football did.

Herbstreit has sure changed his tune now that Bo is in charge.

He has Lee at the #4 First Year Starting QB, Suh at #2 DT, and Nebraska to win the North.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview09/ne...tory?id=4432441

Well he did have that on-air, embarrassing, petulant and absurd anti-Nebraska meltdown when they were discussing the greatest teams of all time.

And then he came here to do Gameday and Husker fans embarrassed themselves by acting like children after the show was over.

But the whole myth that Herb/May/whoever is the new fotm hates Nebraska is ridiculous. Invariably there is always something positive said from that person during the season, and when it's brought up, the myth supporters either suddenly disappear or respond with, "Well, of course they say something positive every once in a while." Give me a f'ing break.

I just don't see Miami having a good day against the 95 Blackshirts, arguably the best defense in college football history.... I think you're missing the point. Miami had a better roster, but they didn't play together as well as our 95 team did, nor were they as well coached... I'll take Dr. Tom and Charlie McBride over any other two coaches in history....

Ever heard of some players named Ed Reed? Sean Taylor? Johnathon Vilma, DJ Williams, Vince Wilfork?

The Huskers would not have been able to run at will on Miami, it would be a very tough night offensively for the big red

Ever heard of a guy name Ray Lewis? Because I can pull up highlights of Lawrence Phillips running him over if you like...

How does NFL talent = College football talent? That's like saying in 10 years if Tebow isn't a star in the NFL that he wouldn't have led great teams in college.. Just because a TEAM doesn't have a ton of NFL quality talent doesn't mean that they weren't a better TEAM..

Agreed. How many big time CFB players fizzle in the NFL, and how many NFL stars come from small/crappy teams? ALOT.

Well he did have that on-air, embarrassing, petulant and absurd anti-Nebraska meltdown when they were discussing the greatest teams of all time.

And then he came here to do Gameday and Husker fans embarrassed themselves by acting like children after the show was over.

But the whole myth that Herb/May/whoever is the new fotm hates Nebraska is ridiculous. Invariably there is always something positive said from that person during the season, and when it's brought up, the myth supporters either suddenly disappear or respond with, "Well, of course they say something positive every once in a while." Give me a f'ing break.

Uh, yeah. Of those two groups, Herbstreit and Husker Fans, which one is obligated by professionalism not to display that kind of behavior?

Uh, yeah. Of those two groups, Herbstreit and Husker Fans, which one is obligated by professionalism not to display that kind of behavior?

I don't remember anything from Herb during his "meltdown" that was unprofessional considering his line of work. He is paid to give his opinions, not stare straight faced into the camera and sound like a robot. And what the Nebraska fans that stuck around to taunt/insult Herb did after the show was just plain pathetic.

:rant Man cry me a few more rivers about espn hating Nebraska. Whether it may or not be true who cares, don't complain everyday how nobody likes usand how were always underrated. We may be always criticized because were once the best college football team ever and now were simply mediocore. So quit the complaining about espn and depend on fox for your sports :sarcasm

And to further poke holes in this nonsense, Miami had pretty much the same team back in 2002, they again had several unimpressive wins, and they were incapable of defending their title.

If this is such a great team, where are there other titles? That Husker team won another one in 1994 and damned near had one in 1993, missing by a field goal.

As impressive as that roster looks, their resume isn't up to par with the 1995 Husker team's.

This debate is absurd. It's not even close.

They were screwed out of a title game shot in 2000, and in 2002 were a bullsh#t pass interference call in OT from defending their title.