Herbies

Husker Rob, are you serious?

Dorsey = Frazier in success at the college level. I almost choked on my cereal this morning when I read that.

Frazier is considered to be on of the greatest college QBs of ALL time. And let me enlighten you: it's not just Husker fans saying this. He is still talked about today especially when comparing the "elite" QBs of today.

What about Dorsey? I never hear his name using that kind of comparison. I never hear Dorsey being listed as one of the greatest college QBs of all time. EVER.

To say that Dorsey = Frazier (at college level) gives even less credibility to your argument that '01 Miami > '95 Huskers.

These are just the players drafted that started on that '95 team:

Grant Wistrom, DE, St. Louis * $

Jason Peter, DT, Carolina * $

Ahman Green, RB, Seattle

Aaron Taylor, OG, Indianapolis

Michael Booker, CB, Atlanta * $

Jared Tomich, DE, New Orleans *

Mike Minter, S, Carolina *

Adam Treu, OT, Oakland *

Chris Dishman, OT, Arizona

Jamel Williams, LB, Washington

Eric Stokes, FS, Seattle

Lawrence Phillips, RB, St. Louis * $

Tyrone Williams, CB, Green Bay *

Aaron Graham, C, Arizona

Christian Peter, DT, New England

Doug Colman, LB, New York Giants

Tony Veland, FS, Denver

* denotes 1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks $ denotes 1st round picks

Oh, and also this comment:

"Ralph Brown vs. Andre Johnson is absolutely ignorant. Ralph Brown was a Freshman in 1996, so that show you might be a bit of a 'Cane fan more so than the Huskers, huh?

Veland played linebacker on that team, so the starting defense had ALL FU[CKING 11 PLAYERS DRAFTED TO PLAY IN THE NFL.

FS-Eric Stokes

SS-Mike Minter

CB-Tyrone Williams

CB-Michael Booker

LB-Tony Veland

LB-Jamel Williams

LB-Doug Colman or Farley (would have definately been NFL without suspension, they split starts)

DE-Jared Tomich

DT-Christian Peter

DT-Jason Peter

DE-Grant Wistrom

3 first rounders started that game on defense and all 11 were drafted, not to mention free agent signings of others that played.

On offense you had:

4 out of 5 lineman (Dishman, Treu, Graham, Taylor), Ahman Green and Lawrence Phillips, and Sheldon Jackson were drafted. Jeff Makovica (sp?) and Eric Anderson OT played in the NFL and they had this other guy at QB.....what was his name again? That is 8 out of 11 (didn't count Frazier, and didn't count both running backs.)

K was Kris Brown, P was Jesse Kosch both STILL in the NFL.

So the grand total is 21 out of 24 starting positions that night were drafted or played in the NFL. That doesn't include one of the two best running backs in NU history and probably the entire decade for all CFB. Most importantly, it doesn't include the best player, QB Tommie Frazier.

Nobody brings that up when they talk about NFL talent in this argument. Do they?

Husker fans should be well aware of that 01 Miami team. Look up that roster and tell me with a straight face that

a Tommie Frazier led Huskers team would compete with that team

I didn't suddenly lose my eyesight during 2001, home boy. I know very well what that team was made of. They were VERY good, I'm not saying they weren't. But that 95 team was better. I have zero problem saying that.

Look who that team played in 2001 - Nobody, Nobody, Nobody, Nobody, #14 FSU, Nobody, Nobody, Nobody, #14 Syracuse, #12 Washington, #14 VA Tech, then a pretender #4 Nebraska team on a tailspin. Despite playing a very weak schedule, they have... zero stellar wins. You're going to hang your hat on what? 38-0 over Temple? 61-0 over Rutgers?

The MNC game, where they beat a disaster of a Husker team 37-14?

Come on. That 2001 Miami team was full of future NFL players. We're talking COLLEGE football, though, not NFL. When you get down to it, the 95 Husker's resume is far, far better than 2001 Miami.

And it's not even close.

PS: Tommie Frazier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ken Dorsey

for a change, I am going to agree with Knapplc. the 95 team defense would have Miami have fits, not to mention the Canes not being able to stop Frazier from running it down their throats!!

Ever heard of some players named Ed Reed? Sean Taylor? Johnathon Vilma, DJ Williams, Vince Wilfork?

The Huskers would not have been able to run at will on Miami, it would be a very tough night offensively for the big red

Wow pal you are completely dilusional and I have only one thing to say to you, GET OFF OF THE CRACK!!! . That 95 Squad would've handed that 01' Miami squad a beat down similarly as bad as the one Florida suffered in the Fiesta Bowl. I'm not holding back any punches here, they were good but not that impressive. Sure UM had 9 go in the 1st round, 3-4 actually deserved it, the rest came from Bulls*** politics PERIOD!!! See the one thing most people don't understand about that 95 squad was definately, the bigger the opponent, the bigger the blowout. Oh and dude, that 95 squad was just as fast as that 01' Miami squad, but NU was also bigger and stronger on both sides of the ball. Further more that 95 Defense of ours would've made that Ken Dorsey led Offense look like a HS Offense..Again I say PERIOD!!! As far as our Offense goes, we would've literally shoved the ball right down their throats unopposed and completely dominated that Defense of theirs. Finally the coaching, Tom Osborne vs Larry Coker. I think I can pretty much answer for almost everyone who wins this matchup, hands down. TOM OSBORNE and it isn't even close. Oh and one final statistic, We beat the crap out of 4 teams that year which all finished in the Top 10. 2 of those finished in the Top 5. Florida #4, Colorado #5, the other 2 Top 10 Kansas State #7, and Kansas #9. Mind you, we obliterated all 4. Miami only played one Top 10 team that year, a very badly overrated NU squad in the Rose Bowl. My opinion is UM should've been playing Oregon, Joey Harrington and Co would've beaten that Miami squad. Now I'm finished

These are just the players drafted that started on that '95 team:

Grant Wistrom, DE, St. Louis * $

Jason Peter, DT, Carolina * $

Ahman Green, RB, Seattle

Aaron Taylor, OG, Indianapolis

Michael Booker, CB, Atlanta * $

Jared Tomich, DE, New Orleans *

Mike Minter, S, Carolina *

Adam Treu, OT, Oakland *

Chris Dishman, OT, Arizona

Jamel Williams, LB, Washington

Eric Stokes, FS, Seattle

Lawrence Phillips, RB, St. Louis * $

Tyrone Williams, CB, Green Bay *

Aaron Graham, C, Arizona

Christian Peter, DT, New England

Doug Colman, LB, New York Giants

Tony Veland, FS, Denver

* denotes 1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks $ denotes 1st round picks

Oh, and also this comment:

"Ralph Brown vs. Andre Johnson is absolutely ignorant. Ralph Brown was a Freshman in 1996, so that show you might be a bit of a 'Cane fan more so than the Huskers, huh?

Veland played linebacker on that team, so the starting defense had ALL FU[CKING 11 PLAYERS DRAFTED TO PLAY IN THE NFL.

FS-Eric Stokes

SS-Mike Minter

CB-Tyrone Williams

CB-Michael Booker

LB-Tony Veland

LB-Jamel Williams

LB-Doug Colman or Farley (would have definately been NFL without suspension, they split starts)

DE-Jared Tomich

DT-Christian Peter

DT-Jason Peter

DE-Grant Wistrom

3 first rounders started that game on defense and all 11 were drafted, not to mention free agent signings of others that played.

On offense you had:

4 out of 5 lineman (Dishman, Treu, Graham, Taylor), Ahman Green and Lawrence Phillips, and Sheldon Jackson were drafted. Jeff Makovica (sp?) and Eric Anderson OT played in the NFL and they had this other guy at QB.....what was his name again? That is 8 out of 11 (didn't count Frazier, and didn't count both running backs.)

K was Kris Brown, P was Jesse Kosch both STILL in the NFL.

So the grand total is 21 out of 24 starting positions that night were drafted or played in the NFL. That doesn't include one of the two best running backs in NU history and probably the entire decade for all CFB. Most importantly, it doesn't include the best player, QB Tommie Frazier.

Nobody brings that up when they talk about NFL talent in this argument. Do they?

Sure...

Bring facts into the discussion! <_<

I actually enjoyed Herb Kirkstreet's gentile meltdown..I thought it was funny as hello...

As opposed to his Jewish meltdown? :)

polar-meltdown-gal-wildlife.jpgBlazing%20Saddles.jpg"We gotta save our phony balloney jobs here!Hello Boys I Missed You!"

Besides...There hasn't been a verified Hurricane fan sighting in almost eight years.

That there is a funny line!!! :laughpound

This .......singlefan.jpg

..Not this51BSL2KxUgL._SL500_AA280_.jpg