Herbies

Considering my original post in this thread was directed at someone, I think I've been plenty specific.

My conversation with you has wandered into more general territory, but my point has always been focused on the people who claim Herb/May/whoever hates Nebraska. And it's my opinion that most of the people who bring it up are just butthurt that it was a reaction focused at Nebraska. They wouldn't care nearly so much if it had been directed at USC, Penn St., Miami, etc., so it's not so much about just his actions, but that his actions were directed at Nebraska.

Then, my mistake in thinking you were talking about Husker fans in general. I suppose you could have said this long ago and we'd have had a good laugh, but then we wouldn't have been nearly so entertained as we've been these last few minutes that way.

I'll be your Sancho any time.

This thread is EXACTLY why you NEVER post anything on this board that goes against all Nebraska all the time.

God forbid anyone think that the '01 Miami team could POSSIBLY be better than '95 Nebraska. No one in their right mind would ever even DREAM to think that. It simply CANNOT be argued. (if you need this: :sarcasm )

Way to be respectful of other people's opinions. (I'm looking squarely at your antics, knapplc)

This thread is EXACTLY why you NEVER post anything on this board that goes against all Nebraska all the time.

God forbid anyone think that the '01 Miami team could POSSIBLY be better than '95 Nebraska. No one in their right mind would ever even DREAM to think that. It simply CANNOT be argued. (if you need this: :sarcasm )

Way to be respectful of other people's opinions. (I'm looking squarely at your antics, knapplc)

I wish you could see me right now, because I have my "concerned" face on.

:laughpound

EDIT - and let me just say, I don't ever want to see you disagree with anyone ever on this board. You're going to call me out after this conversation? Please. What a joke.

Considering my original post in this thread was directed at someone, I think I've been plenty specific.

My conversation with you has wandered into more general territory, but my point has always been focused on the people who claim Herb/May/whoever hates Nebraska. And it's my opinion that most of the people who bring it up are just butthurt that it was a reaction focused at Nebraska. They wouldn't care nearly so much if it had been directed at USC, Penn St., Miami, etc., so it's not so much about just his actions, but that his actions were directed at Nebraska.

Then, my mistake in thinking you were talking about Husker fans in general. I suppose you could have said this long ago and we'd have had a good laugh, but then we wouldn't have been nearly so entertained as we've been these last few minutes that way.

I'll be your Sancho any time.

I would have if I'd realized it wasn't getting across! :) Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT - and let me just say, I don't ever want to see you disagree with anyone ever on this board. You're going to call me out after this conversation? Please. What a joke.

My, what a predictable response. I guess you'll never change.

Unfortunately, you do more than disagree, you do it disrespectfully and in your usual condescending manner.

I'm sure the guys in charge will take issue with me saying this, but I don't know where else to say it.

My, what a predictable response. I guess you'll never change.

Here's the deal. If you've got a beef with me, that's what private messages are for. Pretty soon some Mod or Admin is going to come in here with his warning label and slap a warning on you, me, and everyone else bickering here. And that's just silly.

Go ahead and block my posts if I'm a problem. Send me a PM if you've got something to enlighten me on. Who knows, maybe I'll have a "come to Jesus" moment and you'll cure me of all my Internet ills.

But this? This isn't the way. Be better than this.

So what is wrong with knapplc giving his opinion? Just because it is the prevalent feeling on this board, oh man why could that be?, doesn't mean he can't voice his opinion? It sure doesn't look like either party is changing their minds, both are trying to state their case. Isn't that what a message board like this is for, giving a forum for us to banter on about topics like this?

That's the spirit, Buffs! Up till now, I thought you were a reasonable person, maybe even a computer with all of your sensible posts. Now I know better. :)

Now, back to the point of the original post, which was never intended to start that old debate back up again. I always thought Herbstreit was a pretty good analyst, and I still do. However, watching his behavior during that "best ever" discussion was extremely childish. And, to whoever said it was warranted - No, it wasn't. I would have honestly thought the same thing about the antics if it was any other team, and in no way was it warranted. What does it say for Herbstreit when the actual COACHES on the show were even arguing with him about it? Some of these had coached against these Nebraska teams. I would think they know a little more about those teams than a guy with a desk job.

Oh, and fan rule #1 is that ESPN hates your team, no matter who your team is. That's why I put that in the description - but should have used the sarcasm emoticon. My bad.

a little off topic but you know what i am sick of on ESPN is farking Brett Farve 24/7....sorry but why is the guy such a big deal... what polling does ESPN use that says SOOO many people care about this guy...

I'm ready for someone to take Brett out once and for all-especially after that blatantly cheap chop block that he laid out last night.

Maybe Herbstreet just hated Bill Callahasshole.

Kirk's nationally televised meltdown over the beat team off all-time was completely warranted. Husker fans can make an argument for the 95 team being there, but the 71 team had no business going that far in that little online voting tournament. I'll still say the last matchup should've been 01 Miami vs 95 Nebraska.

And I'd take 01 Miami in that one.

I think you're drunk. I'd take 95' Nebraska over anybody that was on that list even the 01' Hurricanes