Owls Senior Fullback talks the talk

Boca Raton - "Win," said Owls senior fullback Willie Rose when asked about his thoughts as the kickoff against Nebraska approaches. "That is the only word I am going to say for the next couple days."

Rose (6-1, 236) did have a few more words to say. "We want to win. I want to win. We are going to win. I don't care how it goes down, I just want to see more points on the scoreboard than the other team at the end of the game."

FAU players have not been as bold as Rose this week, but they are confident and feel they can make a game of it despite being 21-point underdogs.

Rose is a key component of the offense.

He's a deceptively quick runner, and has averaged 5.1 yards per rush in his career, and he can work his way downfield as a receiver, and has nine touchdown catches.

Rose is an effective blocker who can help protect the quarterback as well as open holes for the tailback.

Quick exit: Nebraska senior defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh would like to be on the bench early against FAU.

"I don't want to play the whole game. I want to see some of the younger guys get in there and play," Suh said.

And he figures Nebraska could put the Owls away in a hurry.

"I don't see us coming out lackadaisical and not being focused. I feel like we're going to jump on this team," Suh said.

Hanging in: FAU quarterback Rusty Smith knows Suh and the Cornhuskers defense pose a problem, but he has is hoping the game takes a different course.

"We have played these teams before and feel as long as we can limit our mistakes, limit penalties, put some points on the board and hang with them as long as possible, we have a chance," Smith said. e-mail: thutton@sun-sentinel.com

Well FAU, I have to say that you are going to get a crash course, make that a crash and burn course in Football 101 in Lincoln. Huskers all the way baby! Nebraska is going to be focused and you're going to see determination in their eyes. I'd love to give FAU a goose egg. Make Captain Kangaroo go back to Mr Moose with a loss.

In all reality, you have to have that sort of mindset to even have a chance...that you're going to win against the odds. I don't have any issue with this kid's attitude and energy for his team.

That said, you just have to be smarter than that. Even his local media is looking for a good sound bite to sell papers. Nothing is local anymore in this day in age, so when you give something to a reporter that they can spin.....they're going to spin it. And everyone is going to hear about it in a matter of hours.

He said "We are going to win."...no context is going to save that from being quoted as a guaranteed victory. As if the "N" burning wasn't bad enough, now they've given the players a guaranteed victory to ponder.

Don't poke bears with sticks. Nu already feels like they have a lot to prove. Pissing off the defense is not going to help you in any capacity.

:facepalm:

I dont have a problem with this. Its not like he garaunteed a win, he is just voicing his mindset. As said before, If you go into a game thinking you are going to lose then the game is over before it even starts. However, I hope the Defense takes this personal and pitches a shutout.