How many games did Kellem Huston get suspended when he punched the Misery fan?

What possible purpose could it serve to dredge up Kellen Huston? Threads like these make me wonder if some people don't come here just to rake the muck.

:facepalm:

It kills you when some of the Huskers negative reality gets brought up.

As soon as I saw that punch Kellen Huston was the first thing that came to mind.

Count me as one that thinks what Kellen did was WAY worse!!

I didn't know the MU fan had done anything before getting swatted by Huston. Knowing that, both the MU fan and the BSU player were asking for it. If you are an a-hole winner, you have to expect that something like that might happen. Both Huston and Blount acted the way their emotions dictated. There are dozens of Oregon Ducks on that field, if you think you can go around pushing their buttons without one being capable of sucker punching you, you'd be mistaken. The average guy would have handled it differently. So, Blount's not average. Now he sits for a while and everyone gets over it. If you ask me who the bigger jerk is and who deserves the longer suspension, it's the BSU guy.

If you think what that kid last night did is even comparable to what Kellen Huston did you are nuts.

Last night that kid punched a kid in the face, punched his own teammate, fought with his coaches and police officers and tried to attack fans who were in their seats.

Huston punched a guy who was hitting other players and was coming at him in the MIDDLE OF THE FIELD.

The fan is the one who got arrested for trespassing in the Huston case by the way, the only one with any possibility of getting busted for anything last night is the Oregon player.

Complete case of apples to oranges.

What possible purpose could it serve to dredge up Kellen Huston? Threads like these make me wonder if some people don't come here just to rake the muck.

As soon as I saw that punch Kellen Huston was the first thing that came to mind.

Right on cue. :thumbs

i kept thinking that guy that was holding him back looked like Scott Frost... sure enough it was.

I think that while that punch happened Scott was hiding in a closet. ;)

I don't think this is right. However, had Blount dragged that guy down some flights of steps, he woulda been in the lockerroom somewhere.

Are you kidding me? In what possible way was the Kellen Huston thing worse than that? It wasn't. In fact it wasn't in any way shape or form even in the same stratosphere.

Are you kidding me? In what possible way was the Kellen Huston thing worse than that? It wasn't. In fact it wasn't in any way shape or form even in the same stratosphere.

You are wasting your breath. There are some people who delight in wallowing in every problem this program has ever had. Every time some player in the public eye does something like this you're going to find another thread about how it's like something a Husker player did. Huston, Phillips, Peter, Baldwin - these guys are all fodder for this kind of person. Pointing out that these instances are years old and have already been discussed ad nauseum just garners accusations that you're trying to ignore our problems, or that you're naive enough to think they don't exist.

Neither one of them was the right thing to do. At this point does it really matter which one was "worse". Both were wrong and both shouldn't have happened... PERIOD! The ironic thing for college football is that last night incident happened on the opening weekend when the NCAA wanted teams to show sportsmanship. That didn't go to well for them.

Also... The Boise State player was wrong as well, but to say he was worse is completely worng and off the wall thinking.

Blount suspended for rest of season. Including bowl games. It's on yahoo front page.

Not to excuse Blount, but that Boise kid was asking for it and got what he deserved.

I think it says a lot about Peterson that he didn't punish his player. Oh, wait, they're "going to talk about it". Kudos to Kelly for not only suspending his player but making him come to practice and trying to teach him something.

Not to excuse Blount, but that Boise kid was asking for it and got what he deserved.

That's like saying a woman wearing a miniskirt in the bad part of town was asking to be raped. Blount's actions were way out of proportion to what Hout did. And you have no idea what Hout said, so this whole mentality that Hout was "asking for it" is completely unfounded.

Hout tapped Blount on the shoulder and said, "Scoreboard." Blount threw a right cross. Those are proportional to you? Come on.