MIZZERY

hskerprid

I hate to say this but Mizzery doesn't look too bad right now. Either Illinois isn't that good or we are gonna have our hands full. <_<

Illinois coached by Ron Zook, that's a key right there. Now granted the Illini shot themselves over and over again. But I think in a little less than four weeks Gabbert is gonna get a reality check.

I hate to say this but Mizzery doesn't look too bad right now. Either Illinois isn't that good or we are gonna have our hands full. <_<

Illinois coached by Ron Zook, that's a key right there. Now granted the Illini shot themselves over and over again. But I think in a little less than four weeks Gabbert is gonna get a reality check.

Ron Zook is the key to Illinois demise. He sucked at Florida too

Whitlock from the KCStar wrote this. http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/1427127.html

Now granted the guy tends to exaggerate everything (up or down), as that is his nature and reason for success as a columnist. That said, maybe MU will be better than I thought. I took this to be a rebuilding year, a fight to hold on to third from CU, but maybe I was wrong. I guess we will see soon enough. That Illini scroe sure did not look like a team that is rebuilding....

Yeah, they looked pretty good.

But at the same time, Illinois looked like they weren't ready to play at all. I don't know how many times Missou ran that little screen play to the WR (I think Alexander) successfully. And did Juice forget how to play football. I know he lost his main WR early in the game, but come on.

But, Missou came out and played a great first game. I'm anxious to play them on "the" Thursday in October.

Agreed Jayhawk, I was sort of hoping to see a more rebuilding process from Mizzou yestery and I did not see what I was expecting nor hoping for. The Tigers will be tough again this year with a good looking QB.

I was unpleasantly surprised yesterday at home poised and smooth Gabbert looked yesterday. Perhaps Mizzou is going to be better than many gave them credit. That 10-08 game is HUGE for this season. If the Huskers lose that game, the season could be a mediocre season, win that game and the momentum could be huge going down the stretch.

Whitlock from the KCStar wrote this. http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/1427127.html

Now granted the guy tends to exaggerate everything (up or down), as that is his nature and reason for success as a columnist. That said, maybe MU will be better than I thought. I took this to be a rebuilding year, a fight to hold on to third from CU, but maybe I was wrong. I guess we will see soon enough. That Illini scroe sure did not look like a team that is rebuilding....

"OMG, my name is Mike Whitlock, and I want to suck Blaine Gabberts man meat!!!" That's pretty much all I got out of that "article".

Seriously in the space of three paragraphs he declares Gabbert better than Jeff Goerge and Mizzou stars Brad Smith and Chase Daniel. Plus any QB who's ever played at KU, KSU, or Mizzou (and Tim Tebow). Then goes even further and proposes Blaine's skills are on par or better than the best attributes of NFL stars Ben Rothlesberger, Tom Brady and John Elway! All this after beating powerhouse ILLINOIS!

And I thought the Tim Tebow bullsh#t was getting deep. :facepalm:

Is Missou that good, or Illinois that bad? Both? Illinois just shot themselves so many times and Missou didn't. Hat's off to Gabbert for his poise in his first start against what I thought would be a better opponent.

No kidding. I thought for sure Illinois would be better than that. But they looked absolutely awful.