Va Tech Observation

C-4

Watching Verginia Tech / Alabama Duel, it was quite clear that Tech is going to cover our recievers like glue when we go to Blacksburg - and honestly, I dont think our wr's & Lee have what it takes to move the ball through the air on them this year.

Mcelroy (Bamas QB) had no options (though he likes to think his only reads are - Julio to the right & Julio to the left) but was successfull running the ball. The man looked like he had a 5.0 in the 40, but gashed Techs D for 7 a crack.

I think it would be in our best interest to get Cody in there ONE or TWO series a quarter.

Now I await the response ''Stop with the Green fetish people.''

Watching Verginia Tech / Alabama Duel, it was quite clear that Tech is going to cover our recievers like glue when we go to Blacksburg - and honestly, I dont think our wr's & Lee have what it takes to move the ball through the air on them this year.

Mcelroy (Bamas QB) had no options (though he likes to think his only reads are - Julio to the right & Julio to the left) but was successfull running the ball. The man looked like he had a 5.0 in the 40, but gashed Techs D for 7 a crack.

I think it would be in our best interest to get Cody in there ONE or TWO series a quarter.

Now I await the response ''Stop with the Green fetish people.''

I guess I'm also one of those "Green fetish people" but whatever gets us the win in Blacksburg is fine with me. We'll probably start with Lee but I would love to see Green in if we're having trouble moving the ball.

Stop with the Green fetish.

If he earns a series again after next Saturday, give him a series. But playing in Blacksburg we have no room for error. We're not concerned with 2011 when we're playing Virginia Tech on the road. That said, if the coaches feel he'll add a dimension to the game that we'd otherwise be poorer without, I'm sure they'll take that into consideration in their game plan. But for now let's be real. Green did well in junk time against a team down 42-7. He got good, necessary reps, but he wasn't feeling the heat of a three point game.

If he earns a series again after next Saturday, give him a series. But playing in Blacksburg we have no room for error. We're not concerned with 2011 when we're playing Virginia Tech on the road. That said, if the coaches feel he'll add a dimension to the game that we'd otherwise be poorer without, I'm sure they'll take that into consideration in their game plan. But for now let's be real. Green did well in junk time against a team down 42-7. He got good, necessary reps, but he wasn't feeling the heat of a three point game.

Yes I agree on all accounts.. but the first.

Obviously it would be risky. But if Va Tech plays us like Bama, his versatility might be needed.

NO duel quarterback system, and yes i'm sure watson is planning on running the ball against vt

Duel quarterback systems fail miserably. Look at Colorado and how awesome they are. :sarcasm

Seriously, Green is the backup and unless Lee goes down or is tanking a game (which he won't), it's going to stay that way. Expect to see more than just Helu and Burkhead getting 90% of the reps this upcoming week against ASU. If the game is in our favor come third quarter, we are probably going to see the other RB on the depth chart get some reps. We are going to have to pound the football when we play against VaTech, and we need more than two guys to do it, especially if one guy goes down.

Zac Lee is one of the most athletic players on the team. We could use him just as well as Cody if he needed to his the QB as another runner. The thing is, our offense, just like our defense, was completely vanilla yesterday.

Lee may be quick, but saying hes one of the most athletic players on the whole team regardless of position is stretching it.

Zac Lee is one of the most athletic players on the team. We could use him just as well as Cody if he needed to his the QB as another runner. The thing is, our offense, just like our defense, was completely vanilla yesterday.

Lee may be quick, but saying hes one of the most athletic players on the whole team regardless of position is stretching it.

No, it isn't .. at all.

You have to remember, all these guys are ran through a battery of drills by Dobson. It's almost like a mini-combine, minus the live football drills. Lee graded out as one of our better athletes.

I said it months ago, the first time Lee gets into some open field on a zone-read play alot of people are gonna be shocked at the type of wheels he has. Kid is a real athlete.

I've seen the spring testing numbers. Its NOT a stretch at all.

I thought FAU only scored 3 on us...