Why did the spread go from 24 to 21??

Axl_sued_me

A line moves because the book is trying to balance out the money being laid on either side. If the betting public favors one team too much, the line moves to attract support to the other team.

Exactly. That means that there are a TON of people betting on ASU. Why is that?? Does somebody know something that I don't know??? Are there "wise men" involved??

NO WAY Nebraska was not going to cover 24 let alone 21.

A line moves because the book is trying to balance out the money being laid on either side. If the betting public favors one team too much, the line moves to attract support to the other team.

Exactly. That means that there are a TON of people betting on ASU. Why is that?? Does somebody know something that I don't know??? Are there "wise men" involved??

Yeah.....why is that? :laughpound Maybe they do know something you don't.

When I went to the USC/NU game in L.A. at the coliseum (biggest sh!thole I've ever been in) we actually stayed in Vegas and drove down to the game. I bet it a day or so before the game and got 19 points for NU, my Dad bet like right before we left and and he only got 17 points. Well, we lost by 18. Lucky me I guess. It's all about money and where the action is and trying to keep the bets within a certain amount between the teams. So, in my case, alot of people were putting money on Nebraska, so the line dropped.

Yeah.....why is that? :laughpound Maybe they do know something you don't.

"Points or no points, your dead meat."

"Get him a body bag!!! YEAH!!!!!"

nothing too confusing. Lots of money was laid on ASU. So Vegas in order to even the money out (so they dont lose/win too much) adjusted the line.

Meaning when it was 24. if you bet ASU and the points Nebraska could win by as much as 23 pts and you would still win your bet.

Lots of people bet that line thinking NE would win by less than 24. So Vegas to ensure they dont loss too much, moved the line to 21. Now Ne has to win by 20 or less for your bet to win. In other words, if you bet now and the Huskers win by 21 points you lose and vegas wins, but the guy that bet the 24 on monday wins because NE won by less than 24 on his bet.

Got it. Clear as mud i know...