the big 12 is wide open

melscott62

i think there is a chance this could be the year that someone from the north takes the b12 title home. oklahoma has lost their best 2 players. osu is obviously beatable, and texas always seems to underachieve. its clearly still an uphill battle for the b12N division but I think any of the top 3 can actually do it.... I didnt feel that way a few before the season started.

It always seems that Texas plays down to the level of their opponents. They're pretty famous for overlooking teams under Mack Brown. However, I think Oklahoma will rebound. They are absolutely pounding Idaho St. Granted, it is IDAHO St....

But you are definitely right, the big 12 looks to be the most open it has been in a long time, seeing how Tech seems to be down, OSU proved today they have no defense. I would put Texas as the favorite, but we never know. I just hope the 'Skers are there to roll up whoever they play :koolaid2::bonez

I agree. Watching Texas struggle early vs. Wyoming was reassuring, and watching OSU go down, despite looking bad for conference, was somehow exhilarating. CU eating it was great too, but my personal favorite so far is Mizzou down in a 20-13 game against Bowling Green. I don't know that we'll hear too many more arrogant comments from our Tiger friends, win or lose. I'm feeling more confident about the Big 12 than ever.

I think this was a very disappointing weekend for the Big 12. Regardless of my hate of Colorado, seeing them get rolled by Toledo and watching Okie Light get done by Houston is terrible for our conference as a whole. I don't want us to start being mentioned in the same light as the Big East and Big Ten. I hate every Big 12 opponent unless they are playing out of conference games. It is my hope that our conference win every no conference game. Because I don't want to hear the statement that Nebraska is just the best team among terrible teams.

I don't think it is as wide as open as it may appear. I think the North has a better shot this year than they did last, but not by much.

For example, Texas still has the best athletes in the conference position by position. They also still handled that Wyoming team in the second half once they got things rolling.

Idk how long Gresham will be out at Oklahoma, but it is possible that Bradford could be back come game time in Lincoln.

OSU is going to rebound after that embarrassing loss to Houston. Gundy will find a way to get more out of them. Their hopes of pulling any upset and making it to the B12 title game, however, were greatly diminished after this weekend.

I don't think it is as wide as open as it may appear. I think the North has a better shot this year than they did last, but not by much.

For example, Texas still has the best athletes in the conference position by position. They also still handled that Wyoming team in the second half once they got things rolling.

Idk how long Gresham will be out at Oklahoma, but it is possible that Bradford could be back come game time in Lincoln.

OSU is going to rebound after that embarrassing loss to Houston. Gundy will find a way to get more out of them. Their hopes of pulling any upset and making it to the B12 title game, however, were greatly diminished after this weekend.

Gresham is out for the season but Bradford will be back. But a true froshman guard will be lining up in front of Suh... poor lil guy.

Gresham is out for the season and from what I have read about Bradfords injury it can be nagging and needs significant rest to ensure a full recovery. My guess is Bradford will be back by the time they come to NU, but he wont be himself all year.