Huskers Move Up in New AP poll

huskrplaya

2-0 Houston beats Oklahoma St. 45-35 in Stillwater, and is ranked behind them. God the pollsters are so f***ing stupid.

Week 2 polls are as meaningful as nutritional labels to Mangino. They are there but you don't pay attention.

Polls are meaningless now and at the end of the season. Perfect example was Texas getting knocked out of the big 12 championship game after winning the head to head against OU. Maybe OU was a better team and just had a bump in the road, but things should be decided on the field and not partially based on opinions.

You know polls suck when Notre Dame beats a poor Nevada team and gets ranked #18, and then they lose by 4 points to a Michigan team that will probably only barely become bowl eligible this year.

2-0 Houston beats Oklahoma St. 45-35 in Stillwater, and is ranked behind them. God the pollsters are so f***ing stupid.

Week 2 polls are as meaningful as nutritional labels to Mangino. They are there but you don't pay attention.

I'm actually worried about that rotund bastard! Did anyone see him leaving the field after KU's game last night? The guy was hobbling around like he has a bum hip! Seriously if that guy doesn't do something about his weight Bill Snyder is going to end up outliving him!

As meaningless as even the PRE-season polls are...

I bet preseason ratings are the reason OSU is still ahead of UH.

:dunno

Tommie,

Well at least we know where Nebraska stands in your eyes now.

Ohio State has been beaten by top teams. I really felt sorry for them last night, even though I am sort of a SC fan. The lost look on their fans faces was sickening.

I hate it that the Big11 gets such high rankings, but it appears they did deserve the ranking they had this year. They will be back in the hunt is my guess.

I think Michigan is going to do a lot better than some on here think. That new QB of theirs is impressive to say the least.

Notre Dame appeared better than I thought too.

We have to get by VaTech this weekend, if not we are farther away from the elite than I had hoped.

This was a great weekend of college football.

I must add that I have questioned Zac Lee and his ability. I think he is quite a bit better than I thought. We will know more about him this weekend. We will see what happens when a big time defense is in his face. But the indications are he will do fine, if we can run the ball. That is what concerns me with VaTech.

Should be a great game.

I watched the Texas game yesterday and I really think they are going to stumble in at least one game this year. It is very conceivable that Nebraska could end up not only in the CCG but winning it as well. The powerhouse teams in the South, while still very good, don't look quite as frightening as they usually do.

I'm not sure the Huskers are top 10 material yet (we'll know a lot more after the VT game) but getting into a BCS bowl is a very attainable goal.

Oklahoma with a back up freshman QB put plus 60 on somebody.

Wyoming is hard place to play, Texas was down for a little while and then kicked the living crap out of them.

We have to get by Kansas and Mizzou, not to mention Colorado always plays us tough, and with haircuts job on the line we will see all we want from them at their hous is my guess.

Talking about a BCS game at this time is why most fans think we are totally nuts. We are not even close to thinking about a CCG win, we need to beat someone other than a SunBelt bottom feeder.

Oklahoma with a back up freshman QB put plus 60 on somebody.

Wyoming is hard place to play, Texas was down for a little while and then kicked the living crap out of them.

We have to get by Kansas and Mizzou, not to mention Colorado always plays us tough, and with haircuts job on the line we will see all we want from them at their hous is my guess.

Talking about a BCS game at this time is why most fans think we are totally nuts. We are not even close to thinking about a CCG win, we need to beat someone other than a SunBelt bottom feeder.

Set low goals and that's all you will usually attain.

Of course KU, Mizzou, etc will be tough. I'm not saying that it is likely that we win the CCG, I'd still put my money on a team from the South if it was even money. However, the South is looking like less of an obstacle than in the past few years. If we get crushed this weekend (possible), then time to reset the goals.

And I'm sorry, living in Austin I see plenty of the Longhorns and I think they are overrated. Yes, they have a very good team, but they are beatable. I think OU will beat 'em. I will be very surprised if Texas ends up playing for the MNC.

Tommie,

Well at least we know where Nebraska stands in your eyes now.

Ohio State has been beaten by top teams. I really felt sorry for them last night, even though I am sort of a SC fan. The lost look on their fans faces was sickening.

I hate it that the Big11 gets such high rankings, but it appears they did deserve the ranking they had this year. They will be back in the hunt is my guess.

I think Michigan is going to do a lot better than some on here think. That new QB of theirs is impressive to say the least.

Notre Dame appeared better than I thought too.

We have to get by VaTech this weekend, if not we are farther away from the elite than I had hoped.

This was a great weekend of college football.

I must add that I have questioned Zac Lee and his ability. I think he is quite a bit better than I thought. We will know more about him this weekend. We will see what happens when a big time defense is in his face. But the indications are he will do fine, if we can run the ball. That is what concerns me with VaTech.

Should be a great game.

So they dont deserve the ranking they had because they lost by three to a top ten ranked team?

I'm actually worried about that rotund bastard! Did anyone see him leaving the field after KU's game last night? The guy was hobbling around like he has a bum hip! Seriously if that guy doesn't do something about his weight Bill Snyder is going to end up outliving him!

It is an interesting experiment being played out right before our eyes. One guy (Snyder) who only eats once a day, around midnight, compared to another guy (Mangino) who only eats once a day, albeit non-stop. Neither way sounds very healthy, but will be interesting to see the outcome.