Most Impressive Player So Far This Season

huskerguy

Im gonna go with players that i didnt expect to make an impact during the first two games.

HB Rex Burkhead

WR Curenski Gilleylen

OT Ricky Henry

DT Jared Crick

LB Will Compton

LB Eric Martin

CB Prince Amukamara

Out of all of those, I'd say Jared Crick has made the biggest impression. A sophmore DT that saw a little playing time last year as a R-Freshman, erupts this year looking like a veteran DT like Suh. Well done, and im looking forward to him and Baker working side by side during the next 2 years.

WTF is an HB?

Pretty nice list, but you need to add Zac Lee.

HB=Half Back

100th post :hellloooo

Im very impressed with Lee as is everyone else.

Our line is doing a better job protecting the QB.

I am also impressed with the growth of out defensive secondary(compared to last year).

Crick is growing up fast. Hope the Lbs grow fast too(sept. 19).

We don't have HB's at Nebraska, we have IB's. Should have put the :sarcasm

I'd say Lee has been most impressive thus-far.

Gillelyn has been the biggest surprise. Shortly before the season there was a report he'd gotten some time in practice with the 1's but I wouldn't have guessed he had come this far. I really look forward to seeing what our receivers look like in '10. Gillelyn, Kinnie, Cooper, Reed, and Cotton should be really ready to fly.

Cody Green. Already figured Lee could play at this level given his stats in JUCO and what the coaches were saying. When they moved CG to number 2, it just meant he could out qb someone they thought would make a better linebacker. Not really a vote of confidence when they say, "hey QB, report to coach Ekeler.'' When CG's come in the game, he looks ready to play and has shown much better passing skills and better speed than I imagined he would (didn't see spring game). There's going to be a real fight for no. 1 QB doodies next year.

I think I have seen the most improvement in Larry Asante. Not only has he had a couple big plays (forced fumble), but I also noticed his sportsmanship. I remember the Colorado game last year he taunted Hawkins after Suh's pick-6 while he was on the ground. This season I see him helping up other players (I know Sun Belt teams are different than CU), which is respectable.

This is coming from a student, and I'll be the first to tell you that the student section has no love for Larry.

As for the best performance so far, I have been impressed with Burkhead. I constantly have to remind myself he's a true freshman, and I just can't wait to see how good he'll be in a couple of years.