VaTech Board thinks Pelini was talking smack?!

carlfense

This is a quote from http://www.techsideline.com

"But Pelini said after Monday's practice that the crowd noise is "not

something that affects us very much." He said the Huskers would work

with a crowd-noise simulator later in the week. Pelini said it

doesn't matter whether the Huskers are playing at home or on the road.

He says, "The fans aren't playing. It's 11 on 11. It's between the

lines, and you have to execute."

Well well well, I guess will have to introduce Mr. Pelini to a Lane

Stadium crowd!!!!"

---

Really?

There are about 100 posts on techsideline various addressing this quote. Most of the posters think that Pelini was insulting them. This seems strange to me.

Well, then they are not smart people. The world has an abundance of not smart people, so I am sure Hokie fans have their share as well.

You all shouldn't feel bad that it takes you 20,000 more fans to get almost as loud as Lane Stadium. I hope Beamer has gotten the boys ready this game, but I know the crowd will be ready.

And I agree it's a little hard to talk smack with you all. I personally can't stand Texas, OU and for some reason really hate ISU.

Looking forward to a great game...and can one of you bring me one of those Corn Hats?

dude what is wrong with you? thats like picking on the retarded kid in your class.

Stadium crowd!!!!"

---

Really?

There are about 100 posts on techsideline various addressing this quote. Most of the posters think that Pelini was insulting them. This seems strange to me.

Here is the actual thread http://www.techsideline.com/message_board/.../15/3304624.php

I would hardly say MOST think Pelini was insulting them. Of the "100 posts" only a couple take it as an insult. Most just take is as a challenge.

You all shouldn't feel bad that it takes you 20,000 more fans to get almost as loud as Lane Stadium. I hope Beamer has gotten the boys ready this game, but I know the crowd will be ready.

And I agree it's a little hard to talk smack with you all. I personally can't stand Texas, OU and for some reason really hate ISU.

Looking forward to a great game...and can one of you bring me one of those Corn Hats?

dude what is wrong with you? thats like picking on the retarded kid in your class.

everyone picks on the retarded kid in class, only some have the honor to do it to his face.

Stadium crowd!!!!"

---

Really?

Here is the actual thread http://www.techsideline.com/message_board/.../15/3304624.php

I would hardly say MOST think Pelini was insulting them. Of the "100 posts" only a couple take it as an insult. Most just take is as a challenge.

Keep digging back through the forum. There were at least 5 threads about the same subject, and the majority of people thought it was "smack talk." Good try though.

Do they really think it is louder than Lincoln.

SC, I've never been to Lincoln, but Lane is LOUD.

From field level it seems as if the stadium goes on forever on the sides.

I would go on to say that Lane rivals Death Valley in noise, but with less people. They are great fans, who know how & when to cheer. You won't hear a peep when they're on offense, but the second the defense steps on the field, they start yelling. They also do a blocking motion when you are kicking. Pretty intimidating.

I just wish they could still do the 'stick it in' cheer. That was great.

They are still making a BIG stink about, even on the free board over there. They don't know how to use a message board though. Majority of their posts are one liners in the subject and nothing written inside when you click the link.

They don't talk much football there either. Mostly about Drinking and getting loud. You won't find any X's and O's threads or keys to the game type stuff.

They are still making a BIG stink about, even on the free board over there. They don't know how to use a message board though. Majority of their posts are one liners in the subject and nothing written inside when you click the link.

They don't talk much football there either. Mostly about Drinking and getting loud. You won't find any X's and O's threads or keys to the game type stuff.

That's because that's the public board, we have a paid subscribers board. This way we can keep the idiot out haha.

As far as noise in Lane Stadium goes, this sums it up best...

"I don't care what you saw on TV or YouTube; words cannot describe what was taking place. The stadium was literally shaking. My ears hurt. And even as a lowly photographer, I was absolutely terrified, and the game hadn't even started. It was the most unbelievable display of fanhood I had ever witnessed, in professional or amateur sports."

-Boston College Photographer - 2007 BC game

...I was at that game, it was pretty accurate as far as a description goes...

So we have to pay to talk football with Hokie Fans?

How Many Husker Fans do you think will get in the stadium? It isn't as hyped up as when we took over Notre Dames Stadium and had more fans there but we still travel better than anyone else I have seen oe heard of.

That's because that's the public board, we have a paid subscribers board. This way we can keep the idiot out haha.

"I don't care what you saw on TV or YouTube; words cannot describe what was taking place. The stadium was literally shaking. My ears hurt. And even as a lowly photographer, I was absolutely terrified, and the game hadn't even started. It was the most unbelievable display of fanhood I had ever witnessed, in professional or amateur sports."

So we have to pay to talk football with Hokie Fans?

How Many Husker Fans do you think will get in the stadium? It isn't as hyped up as when we took over Notre Dames Stadium and had more fans there but we still travel better than anyone else I have seen oe heard of.

You don't have to pay, there is a public board, but the paid gets you more than a board, its get some inside news and all. The public board is significantly more chaotic than the subscribers one...I wish we had a better forum than what we currently have at TSL, I'm a webmaster and have made forums like this, maybe I should make my own site and use this as a forum...

If there are 2 astericks at the end of the post then there is no more information inside the post. That will save you some time.

Toot toot! Toot toot!

Someone is tooting their own horn! :D

And BC won at Lane Stadium...... Since this matchup won't be a night game, one would think that could neutralize some of that Hokie magic ( :wasted ).

Toot toot! Toot toot!

Someone is tooting their own horn! :D

True we lost...but it was a pretty normal atmosphere.

There have been Facebook events created in response to Little Bo-Peeps comments encouraging us to get crazier, we'll take anything as fuel for this week. I can't sit still in my seat, I'm too excited!!!