VaTech Board thinks Pelini was talking smack?!

carlfense

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1652...407&index=1

Bo Pelini, the head coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers, had this to say about the Virginia Tech Lane Stadium Environment: "We are NOT worried about their crowd. They don't play the game." Sounds like a challenge to me. Let's show this dude Lane Stadium's thunder. Make it so loud they can't even think.

Just a little extra motivation for us to be loud, although I think most of our fans don't read too much into that. He's right, we don't play the game, but we think we do. ;)

"Man, I just hate losing here," Anderson said. "I don't like losing to these fans. They think they play, too. That's what's good about playing for Virginia Tech... (Syracuse QB RJ Anderson, 2003)

Bo Pelini, the head coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers, had this to say about the Virginia Tech Lane Stadium Environment: "We are NOT worried about their crowd. They don't play the game." Sounds like a challenge to me. Let's show this dude Lane Stadium's thunder. Make it so loud they can't even think.

Just a little extra motivation for us to be loud, although I think most of our fans don't read too much into that. He's right, we don't play the game, but we think we do. ;)

"Man, I just hate losing here," Anderson said. "I don't like losing to these fans. They think they play, too. That's what's good about playing for Virginia Tech... (Syracuse QB RJ Anderson, 2003)

What do they expect Pelini to say? "Oh, wow, yeah, we are super nervous for Lane Stadium. They are a very rowdy crowd and it is going to be a big issue to overcome. Hopefully we don't crap our pants and not execute against that physical and loud VaTech crowd."

Bo is a black and white guy, something VaTech fans don't understand. He is going to tell it how it is. He wants his players to execute and play ball, and not pay too much attention to the crowd. Yeah, they can make offensive signal checks hard to hear, but other than that they offer no use to the game.

Big time programs win on the road and execute, no matter what the environment. He wants his players to realize this.

That's all well and good, and it's how all fans should feel about their team.

I'm referring to the comments like "Pelini is a jerk" and the part where some guy calls a girl a whore because she thinks the Swamp is louder.

What do they expect Pelini to say? "Oh, wow, yeah, we are super nervous for Lane Stadium. They are a very rowdy crowd and it is going to be a big issue to overcome. Hopefully we don't crap our pants and not execute against that physical and loud VaTech crowd."

Bo is a black and white guy, something VaTech fans don't understand. He is going to tell it how it is. He wants his players to execute and play ball, and not pay too much attention to the crowd. Yeah, they can make offensive signal checks hard to hear, but other than that they offer no use to the game.

Big time programs win on the road and execute, no matter what the environment. He wants his players to realize this.

I dunno. 99% of people on that Facebook page are prolly college students, so I dunno what they're thinking. We pride ourselves on having a very loud stadium for only having ~66k seats. I guess any perceived dismissal of that has their panties in a bunch.

Personally, I didn't read anything into Bo's comments. I'm going to go and scream my head off just cuz it's a big game, not because of anything Bo said.

I dunno. 99% of people on that Facebook page are prolly college students, so I dunno what they're thinking. We pride ourselves on having a very loud stadium for only having ~66k seats. I guess any perceived dismissal of that has their panties in a bunch.

Personally, I didn't read anything into Bo's comments. I'm going to go and scream my head off just cuz it's a big game, not because of anything Bo said.

:yeah Ill be there too, but ill be wearing red!

I'm referring to the comments like "Pelini is a jerk" and the part where some guy calls a girl a whore because she thinks the Swamp is louder.

Keep it classy Hokies! :thumbs

Don't see what the story is here? I mean, if they were playing here, and their coach said the same thing, which I would fully expect, we would be saying the same thing...so what is the big deal?

What? Are we so desperate to find motivation for this game that we have to put stuff on the bulletin board and read between the lines making something out of nothing? I don't think I need any more motivation, I am psyched for this game. Just wish it would get here!!

The comments on there are ridiculous. Talk about blowing things out of proportion.

They're just college kids. What do you expect?

Considering the way a lot of people raise their kids, not much. I guess I don't expect those things from myself and MY fellow collegians.

They really ought to switch to thongs, would take care of this problem.

in all fairness the swamp is louder.

also filled with more douchebags then boulder.

in all fairness the swamp is louder.

also filled with more douchebags then boulder.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

Don't see what the story is here? I mean, if they were playing here, and their coach said the same thing, which I would fully expect, we would be saying the same thing...so what is the big deal?

What? Are we so desperate to find motivation for this game that we have to put stuff on the bulletin board and read between the lines making something out of nothing? I don't think I need any more motivation, I am psyched for this game. Just wish it would get here!!

:worship

According to Jimmy Carter that is a racist statement, I don't appreciate it either. If it were PBO said that you would not say he was B&W, even though he is. If you did the justice brothers would be at your doorstep calling for your ouster! Anyways Michael said it doesn't matter if your B or W! LMAO :laughpound