Who do you root for?

From a Hokie perspective ...

I have a hard time rooting for some of our ACC rivals even in non-conference games. I love to see UVA lose. Even though their losses to W&M and TCU may have hurt the conference, it's just too entertaining to watch their fans squirm.

I have a pretty strong dislike for Boston College, too. So I'll begrudgingly root for them in non-conference games. Same with Miami. However, I've mellowed in my dislike for Miami the last few years since they've been struggling, and I have found it easier to root for them in out-of-conference games.

Everyone else in the ACC I have no problem rooting for them in non-conference games and when it helps Tech.

Sounds like Husker fans view on Colorado.

Good luck to your Hokies on Saturday.

Okay....most people know I'm a Mizzou fan and this is a pretty simple question.

Flamers need not apply.

Since 99.9% of the posters on this board are Husker fans, when Mizzou is playing an opponent other than the Huskers....who do you root for?

Do you back your Big XII North brethren and root for evertyhing Big XII...specifically the North?

Do you hope that Mizzou wins and makes a Husker matchup that much more meaningful?

or

Do you just hate those clowns from the beautiful state to the SE and hope they never win a game?

As a Mizzou fan, I'm torn.

Being a Missouri native, I have come to despise anything Jayhawk, Sooner or Bugeater.

I've been a fan of the Tigers since the 60's and watched Mizzou hold their own until the late 70's. (Until that dreadful losing streak lasted till '03)

So it's good to see that the order is being restored and Mizzou is winning with regularity against the Huskers.

When it comes to the Husker-Hokie matchup, half of me wants the Huskers to win and have both teams go into the October 8th matchup with undefeated records and major impact. The other half wants to see a HUGE defeat, so you guys are kept in check a little bit.

Your thoughts and comments start...............NOW.

"Flamers need not apply" So exactly what are you doing here?

I root for Big 12 North teams to lose out of conference. I realize it weakens our conference perception, but if we win the Big 12 and go undefeated, it doesn't matter. We should still get into the MNC game.

On the flipside, if Mizzou, Colorado, etc. lose embarassingly, it hurts their chances to get top recruits and build their program, and that makes it easier for us to go undefeated. If a recruit was trying to decide between Nebraska and Colorado, where do you think he would go after these first two weeks?

I root for Big 12 North teams to lose out of conference. I realize it weakens our conference perception, but if we win the Big 12 and go undefeated, it doesn't matter. We should still get into the MNC game.

On the flipside, if Mizzou, Colorado, etc. lose embarassingly, it hurts their chances to get top recruits and build their program, and that makes it easier for us to go undefeated. If a recruit was trying to decide between Nebraska and Colorado, where do you think he would go after these first two weeks?

If it is believed that the conference wins within the conference are meaningless you end up like the Big East. They were the only BCS conference to have no team in the top 25 to start the season. This sadly is where the Big Ten is approaching. I love my team but i don't want the conference to be looked upon as a joke.

In regards to your recruiting argument. What has been happening with Ohio State, Texas, and OU pretty much sums it up. Winning the recruiting battles ever year but losing to teams in stronger conferences when it matters. (No i'm not calling the WAC a stronger conference)

Being raised in S.C. all my good freinds and wife are Clemson fans so I attend alot of there games so I guess I pull for them 2nd even though I always wear something Nebraska into the games, should be interesting this yr., we also hit the bars in Clemson and I feel sure some drunk is going to have a comment to piss me off.

Clearly after Nebraska, the only teams I "ROOT" for regularly on Saturdays are

Texas

Baylor

TCU

Tex Tech

That's it. I'll pull for teams that have strong character, like Va Tech, Alabama, Auburn, and BYU most nights.

Its fine when the Big 12 teams win non-conf games, but either way I dont care what they do. And if I'm pissed off and in a mood, CU and USC can go to hell on Saturdays. Lately I've been feeling that way towards Missouri. And teams like Ohio State and LSU are boring and get too much air time and publicity. They're on my "I dont give a crap what they do" list.

Dont sweat it Mizzou, your team has made the shizz list because of your recent success against Nebraska and when yall celebrate I get bitter. Its a natural progression. :) Not all fans act like idiots, just the haters. And there's quite a few of them.

I didn't give a rat f#*k what happened to Mizzou until dipsh*t blabber-mouth Chase Daniel, AJ the "huskerh8ter", and all the other random loud-mouthed dips$&ts that surround me in Kansas City all came along to form the perfect storm of Mizzou douchebaggery (Pig Brown's late hit on Mo Purify also earns him honorable mention, I guess). Now I enjoy seeing Mizzou get pounded in the ass every time they match up against a team with decent athleticism and a good defensive line.

And it's not because of the losses. sh#t, how many times have we been humiliated/disappointed after playing Texas Tech? I don't "hate" them. It sucked seeing Brad Smith run all over us. But even then I found it hard to "hate" Mizzou. 5 years of subsequent chest-beating from the aformentioned parties have turned the Tigers into the new Buffaloes, though, in my opinion.

So, Missori can GET f'd.