Dillard moved to WILL

Has anyone heard why exactly Phillip Dillard has yet to even sniff the field this year? :dunno I know he was in the “dog-house” during the spring, but it said he had worked his way back to up the depth chart. I just find it very odd that with the less then stellar performances that Compton has put out there the first two games why Dillard can’t get on the field. Like was mentioned in another thread Compton’s play this year isn’t as good as Dillard was when he was healthy last year, so what is the deal?

I’m in no way calling for Compton’s job at this moment, but it is just very odd that a 3 year letter winner and 2 year starter hasn’t even played a down yet this year. Especially since the starter has been very average so far.

Dillard supposedly worked himself up to compete for the back up spot, I never heard anything that indicated he was pushing for the starting job. What was interesting coming into the season was that suddenly Compton was the clear #1 and Koehler and Dillard were a bit behind. Honestly I wasn't really impressed with Dillard last year. One thing I like about Compton is that he is faster and it shows. The pursuit tackling looks much better overall. We shall see if Compton gets shedding or not.

The deserving starters are playing, those not up to snuff are not. They're certainly not "holding Dillard back" while the youngsters get experience. Clearly, he's not keeping up from a performance standpoint in practice.

Exactly. They're playing the players who earn playing time. If Dillard isn't on the field, there's one person to ask why, and that's Dillard.

I just think there has to be something going on with him other than a simple talent gap between him and Compton. How often do you here about a senior linebacker with two years worth of starts under his belt getting benched to third string so that a true freshman can play? Something's going on.

Well, he's on the team, and not suspended, so other than performance, what could "be going on"? Some people spend way too much time over-thinking a non-issue. If he practices better than the others, he will play.

I don't believe it is over-thinking a non-issue. I am just wondering why a returning starter hasn't seen the field yet while his replacement Compton looked lost and slow against Arkansas State on saturday. Nothing more nothing less.

Apparently the coaches think Compton was the best option after watching a month of practices.

I am a fan of Dillard. I hope he plays a lot against V Tech.

That's great that you're a fan of his. I have nothing against him and wish him well, but since he hasn't really seen the field yet, I don't expect to see much, if any, of him against VaTech unless he really has a kickass week of practice.